Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's your favorite world?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
So, I want to know, what world do you enjoy exploring in? What's your least favorite? Personally, I enjoy MooShu. I've talked to a lot of my friends on my friends list and they agreed. My least favorite is probably Marleybone. It just seemed so drab and boring to me. Now I know some of you may like Marleybone, don't go leaving me negative replies, it's just everybody's opinions. Here are my favorite worlds listed below :

#1.) MooShu - It's a very fun world to play in, it's very happy and it's cool to see all the different creatures.
#2.) Wizard City - It can be a bit boring at some parts but think of all the cool creatures there. Evil Snowmen, Fire elves, Trolls, it's just a really great world.
#3.) Grizzleheim - It's a very fun, outdoor world with bears, goblins, and spiders. It's very cool to roam around through the forests!
#4.) Wintertusk - It's a great place to explore with Winter themed creatures, and places to go. Unfortunately you have to beat Grizzleheim first AND you have to go into Grizzleheim to get to Wintertusk. It would have been nice if they added it onto the world gate but that's not too big of a deal.
#5.) Avalon - I haven't even gotten past the first place yet but so far it seems like a daytime version of Grizzleheim.
#6.) Celestia - It's a very cool underwater world with crabs and other types of fish.
#7.) DragonSpyre - It's a lava filled world with Volcanoes, Dragons, Spiders, and other types of creatures. This is also the home world of Headmaster Ambrose's arch enemy Malistaire who has been sabotaging each world along your journey to defeat him.
#8.) MarleyBone - This is a city themed world with Dogs, Cats, and Rats. It's themed off of England considering how it looks and it has a famous tower : Big Ben. Big Ben is the last dungeon of the world where you face Meowiarty and head on to MooShu.

Leave me your feedback and I'd love to hear from you! :)

Survivor
Jun 05, 2012
Grizzleheim is my favorite world so far. I am still working in Marleybone and waiting to finish Grizzleheim but I absolutely love the graphics, creatures and over all tone too it. I am a fan of Norse mythology and I know that it isn't directly based on that (names, locations, etc etc.) but still it is awesome to me. I still have yet to level up to see Mooshu, Celestia, Zafaria and Avalon and I know I will appreciate them in time.
I think my least favorite would have to be Pigswick. I understand it may not be considered a whole world by itself but it wasn't as fascinating as the other places I have been so far.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2011
I'm in Celestia, so I can't judge Zafaria and Avalon, but out of the worlds I can go to my favorite would be Mooshu. I love the plot and the look of the world. My other favorites are Dragonspyre, Marleybone, and then Celestia.
My least favorite is Krokotopia. It's just kind of long and gets tedious.
Fiona Mythsinger, Level 57 Pyromancer

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
My favorite worlds. Hmmm, hard to say.

My favorite: Definitely Dragonspyre. I just loved the Roman/Greek feel to it and the enemies were perfect! I regretted finishing it on Scarlet Nightdreamer and my Ice is looking forward to it.
Next, Krokotopia. I just loved the manders. I thought they were too cute when they clapped and overall it was just a fun world.
Wysteria. I don't know why. Perhaps it was because I got to beat Randolf. I don't know. lol
Mooshu was fun and bright and it really appealed to me. It was awesome and I can't wait to get there. :)
Avalon isn't too bad so far. I may get bored but I always come back. I mean, who doesn't like the Monty Python references? Just saying.
Grizzleheim comes next. I can't say why I placed it here. I don't love it, but I don't hate it.
Wintertusk. I can say that sometimes the graphics were hard on my eyes, but overall I liked it. )I have glasses and the ice color does not agree with it. Nothing I can do here. :/)
And next, Zafaria. Well, I will say that I hated the defeat and collect quests and the crafting quest is utterly insane, but I loved the art and battle music. Just pure epicness.
Celestia. I hated this world on so many levels. The Water-Maton collecting wasn't fun, and I didn't like the change from Underwater to the Floating Land because it kind of ruined the theme of Celestia for me, but what I loved was the fact that I got to go into an Underwater Dome.
And finally Marleybone. I just plain disliked this place and I try to rush through it. The plot here for me is just plain boring and I almost gave up on my wizards in Marleybone. And don't get me started on navigation either. And my last rant is surprisingly about Big Ben. For the difficulty level of Marleybone I found it way too long and you had to complete three dungeons in a row just to finish Marleybone.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2012
I'm not that far, but I like MooShu. I love the story plot, and the scenery. (I'm not a Life Wizard for nothing!) :P
Even the dungeons were enjoyable, even though they were long. I have to admit, it was a bit of a challenge for me, for it being a Life/Life clash, but anything else, it's really fun!
I wish I could do it again! :D

Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
My favorite world would have to be Dragonspare I just love all the fire and lava then there is Mooshu (yet to be burned) then celestea then wizard city next krockotopia lastly marlybone. but I know i will love the next worlds too.

Robert HawkBlood level 52 pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
I haven't been to Avalon yet, but so far, Celestia has struck me as the most visually impressive. I love its diversity in the areas you go to, and that makes it one of my favorite worlds.
Similarly, I love Krokotopia's atmosphere, but I think it would be higher in my list if there were outdoor areas.
For an England nut such as myself, I can't go wrong with Marleybone. All they need to complete it is a Doctor Who reference... :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My favourite worlds, in order:

1) Dragonspyre

-I love fire, dark stuff, crumbly old buildings, and Malistaire. As a writer, with a soft spot for sympathetic villains, my heart will always belong to him and Sylvia... and the dragon titan, whose new name is Mr. Fluffy. ;)

2) Wizard City

-Mostly-safe and cheery, home to Waterworks and the handy Bazaar (curse you, No Auction gear!). The only bad part is stopping by the dye shop, where they say things like *censored*, *bleep*, and *insert profanity here*.

...Avert your eyes, wizards, as it's really too awful to print!

3) Wysteria

-Two words: TriWizard Tournament! I grew up with Harry Potter, and loved the references... not to mention those cute little pigs everywhere. Squee!

4) Avalon

-A pretty medieval-y setting, with dragons (I love dragons!) and Monty Python references everywhere! Could have done without the Jabberwock, but there are other things in the Spiral that are much worse...

*cough* NIDAVELLIR *cough*

5) Krokotopia

-My first wizard was Balance, so I may be biased. ;) But I've always been fascinated by Egyptian mythology~ one might say my sorceress and I both like it Ra. ;)

6) GrizzleTusk (GH/WT)

-Love dungeon-farming in Wintertusk (except Nastrond), but hate Grizzleheim's lame XP and everything about Nidavellir.

7) Zafaria

-Those longdreamer shamans made me nuts, and that crafting quest? Just thinking about it makes me want to rip my face off!

8) Mooshu

-Memorable, but only in the sense that, like crafting, it made me want to rip my face off.

9) Marleybone

-I want to love Marleybone~ I really do. I adore that time-period, the outfits, accents, and sweet little kitten/puppy characters... Only when I start questing does my hatred begin anew.

10) Celestia

-I don't think there's a word, in any language, to describe how much I hate Celestia. I made an effort to like it, but gave up early on because I couldn't find anything to like. Science, cheating bosses, lots of pointless running around... I hate them in real life, and I hate them in-game.

(Sestiva, my legendary Storm wiz, is in the Science Center, and I have no idea how she got this far. Probably couldn't have done it without the help from Valkoor, her necromancer buddy.)

/my 2 cents.
-veebz

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I have to say mooshu it was really pretty and the quests were fun to do. Though marleybone has to be my least favorite. It was just so boring ._.

Survivor
Oct 02, 2010
1. Marleybone- Yeah, people may say the story is bad and it's hard to get around, but i just love this world, i feel "attracted" to it.
2. Wizard City- This was my best experience, this world was the first world and i really felt like i was a wizard and learning magic, not just grinding to get rad.
3. Grizzleheim- The scenery was amazing, and the story was intriguing.
4. Wysteria- I joined right in the Celestia update, so this was the first time i got to be in a new world, just the thrill of all the possibilities in the world was amazing, i just wish it was longer.
5. Krokotopia- I like this place just because of the story, i found it really creative.
6. Mooshu- I hated this place, i was really burnt out on the game when i played through this world, so it just felt like a mindless grind x.x
I have only gone about a fourth through ds, so i can't really have an opinion on any worlds after that.