Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kill off PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
AstroStorm wrote:
As much as i would love to end pvp now, it's a part of the game and it makes KI money. I use to love pvp back when the schools were actually balanced, but now i can see how some players may feel about this. I personally quit pvp months ago.

Well pvp wasnt balance back when you joined lol, it was balanced back when There were no advance pets ( not really that bad because i am a fan of pets), no immunity, no complaining ( well less), No Polymorphs, no critical or block ( not that bad either but yea ) and just plain peace.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well this morning I saw my daughter in the arena, she was excited because said something about getting arena tickets. Probably a pet for sale that she saw, arena tickets only.
She is young, and does not know what PvP is about.
A couple minutes later she comes over and asks "What does N-o-o-b mean?"
I told her what was meant by it, and she said after she lost someone called her that.
I calmly told her that a lot of not so nice people hang out in that place, and she would be better to avoid it.

Every time I get an inkling about giving PvP a go, I am reminded why I do not.
Close that hole in an otherwise charming Unicorn Way.
pods

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
pods1973 on Oct 11, 2012 wrote:
Well this morning I saw my daughter in the arena, she was excited because said something about getting arena tickets. Probably a pet for sale that she saw, arena tickets only.
She is young, and does not know what PvP is about.
A couple minutes later she comes over and asks "What does N-o-o-b mean?"
I told her what was meant by it, and she said after she lost someone called her that.
I calmly told her that a lot of not so nice people hang out in that place, and she would be better to avoid it.

Every time I get an inkling about giving PvP a go, I am reminded why I do not.
Close that hole in an otherwise charming Unicorn Way.
pods
My sentiments exactly, Pods. The arena is not a friendly place, and it's particularly unkind to those who are new~ I'm sorry your daughter encountered such a rude person, and I agree that she'd be better off to avoid that place like the plague.

Like you, I've thought about giving it another chance... until I'm reminded by some obnoxious person, with a holier-than-thou attitude, that it would be a terrible idea. I'm an adult player, with 2 archmage wizards~ if this is how they treat me, I can't even imagine what they do to young kids, who are new.

-

On a rather-amusing side note: KI should create a "High Horse" mount, that's PvP-only. It'll be huge and obnoxious-looking, easily identifiable, and seat 4... Oh, and make it interactable, so we can shove people off them in the common areas~ I'm a horrible human being!

/just kidding.
-veebz