Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Water works

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Hello prefessor i have done the dungeon waterwroks four times and I still have not recieved any gear! Any students got an idea why. Please tell me I love the game and I am a paying member

Talon starfinder: 61 fire wizard :)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
donovan427 wrote:
Hello prefessor i have done the dungeon waterwroks four times and i still have not recieved any gear! any students got an idea why. please tell me i love the game and i am a paying member

As annoying as this event becomes it is all based on chance to get. I was lucky on my Life wizard, I got all the gear after 15 or so runs. I made it though Zafaria with mainly my level 58 gear though. Many are not that lucky some are more lucky. I do find it a bit unfair that some can go though and get it after a few visits and others may never get it.

Currently I no longer do WW on my future wizards and just craft the Wintertusk gear altho the boots are disappointment the rest is ok. I consider it less head banging and not as disappointing as repeating WW over and over again for nothing.

Many in this game believe that if you have not invested hrs, days or even months in something it isn't worth getting. Personally I am not very good with the "chance to get" routine so tend to seek alternatives that are more for sure, which KI has been kind enough to provide if you can find them.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Whether or not you are a paying member has no bearing whatsoever on the chances of you getting drops from bosses...

Anyhow, getting waterworks gear is not a guarantee. It took me many tries to get a full set, but it IS worth the effort. Try getting a couple high level friends to help you, and farm it a few more times. Patience will be rewarded, maybe you will even receive a Crowns Amulet!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
donovan427 wrote:
Hello prefessor i have done the dungeon waterwroks four times and i still have not recieved any gear! any students got an idea why. please tell me i love the game and i am a paying member

It's called luck. You didn't have much. ;) Keep trying...you'll eventually get your gear.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi!

I dont know how you play Waterworks but it seems that you have bad luck just that. You need to go in Waterworks with few veteran persons ( persons which been there more then you ) and learn their play look close for your school wizards and ask questions about it maybe you get lucky :D.

Now i will tell you how i play Waterworks.

I just cast most pips in battle ( like use more often meteor ) i am myth school so i use frog with blade or 2 and critical thats in shorter battles.

In longer battles like luska or main boss do this:

When you battle luska go second because of Choke spell buy few tc spells blades and 1 bubble if you find with more damage make 1 awesome hit before other guys kill him and cast efreet or something with higher then 4000 damage or pick longer style cast just one spell ( spam meteor ).

When you battle main boss ( other guys say that fire fish gives boots )
kill first death fish because of health then go after fire fish but remember
you get more chance to get good stuff if is your last kill and one more thing try to play as team works every time and DONT DIE! Most wizsrds dies and they reset loot so live all the way and you might see longer list and possible 1 gear or 2.

I hope i helped Good Luck and wish you good hunting 8)

Michael BlueBright: Myth Archmage

Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
i've done it 20 time and have gotten the hat over and over and over

From, Corwin trollleaf, Level 70 life wizard

Defender
Mar 10, 2012