Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

belloq and his unfair minion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Ok i get the pattern of belloq gotta attack him ever round or get nailed by Ra. What makes this unfair is his minion with him can stun and messes things up. I do not like to group with people, I like to solo as much as possible, I really think his minion needs to be changed or have his stun taken away. Please dont tell me to use stun block, because you barley get enough time to get some traps on yourself once you put some kind of aoe on him for few rounds.
So thats my gripe. thanks for listening.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2012
Update: Yes i finally soloed Belloq after 9 tries. Seems like every try i would get him down to around 1000 and i would fizzle, and every first round the minion would stun first thing so always got Ra first round. Helped being Death wizard, I still think the stun is a unfair spell with the minion. I know it probably wont change. Guess this is just heads up what to expect because some of the other info on Belloq do not tell you his minion stuns. He uses ice so yeah of course, but im sure a few people wouldn't think about that before going in.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Well thats good to hear, Belloq can be a very challenging boss if you dont have DoT spells.

Connor Goldenflame, anti wc protector

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
PowerSlaver- Dont Try and do this alone...

Here is why you keep getting ra-ed

The only times you wont get ra is if you attack the round before...
Get a storm to help so they can spam tempest
Also get a few low ranked spells in :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

I just beat belloq today

Explorer
Mar 02, 2012
MarvelDoctorDoom on Aug 31, 2012 wrote:
Well thats good to hear, Belloq can be a very challenging boss if you dont have DoT spells.

Connor Goldenflame, anti wc protector
What does DoT stand for XD.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Likeahbaws on Nov 22, 2012 wrote:
What does DoT stand for XD.
Damage over Time

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Survivor
Aug 12, 2011
I beat Belloq a couple days ago and it took like ten tries!!!!! He was really hard for me and my friend cause we didn't have high health and couldn't attack every round. And of course Ra hits us. And the minion makes it worse. I like zf and all but Belloq? ugh.

Singed,

Wolf Breaker, Transcendent Pyromancer.

Survivor
Jan 04, 2011
Look I have tried numerous times and don't even get a spell to him. He is always first and he does Ra even when he is on 1 pip which needs to be taken out. Also when it is your go he turns around and does Ra before your spell is cast.
Is this how you developed the game to make quest like this as hard for us. If I don't beat him I don't advance. If I don't I will leave the game. And so will all of my friends.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
If you are from a school w/no DoT spells you should load up on fire elf TC's they cost you four power pips but it buys you 3 rounds of peace for each one.Or I would recommend doing Belloq w/ some friends that communicate well and have someone assigned to hit each round and the other members throw up a stun block or 2 on your designated attack each round player.If all else fails look for someone to help at wizard101central.Your messages post in real time there and it's easier to find someone to do a run through any instance if you post there.Solo is hard but anyone who has soloed up to this point should not be surprised by this since this is not the first cheating boss you should have faced.Also do not buy henchman as they not only won't help they will likely be destroyed immediately and wasted your crowns.And always remember if the game didn't get more challenging who would continue playing?

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
I beat Belloq like 6 days ago. He was hard. I was going to solo at first but found a friend to help me. It was hard but his fire friend came and helped. It took us only 3 times . Well, good job soloing it.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Finished Belloq last night with my first wizard. Level 72 Death Solo, took 4 attempts.

Attempt #1 - got massively butchered
Pause - looked on internet, learned Belloq's RA trick. Made my strategy.
Attempt #2 - got stunned, then fizzled then died (2 RA in a row)
Attempt #3 - got stunned, then fizzled then died (2 RA in a row)
Attempt #4 - struck it lucky. hooray.

Nice battle. Completing this solo actually made me think about strategy. It woke me up! It was quite a contrast from the repetitive collect quests that led up to it, so it really surprised me. Good job KI.

--> that RA spell is a severe fire hazard in Belloq's tent!

Survivor
Aug 02, 2012
Go into Dungeon with 2 people. Have one attack the boss with love level spells that cost like 1 pip. Have the other then do powerful spells on the boss to kill. Then attack minion freely

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
I was easily able to do Belloq and his minion with a storm friend without even activating Belloq's cheat. I would first attack with my wand, then keep off his cheat using Frostbite while my storm friend used her epic high-damaging attacks.

Friendly Justin Everhart - Level 74 Ice

Explorer
May 08, 2010
powerslaver on Aug 30, 2012 wrote:
Ok i get the pattern of belloq gotta attack him ever round or get nailed by Ra. What makes this unfair is his minion with him can stun and messes things up. I do not like to group with people, I like to solo as much as possible, I really think his minion needs to be changed or have his stun taken away. Please dont tell me to use stun block, because you barley get enough time to get some traps on yourself once you put some kind of aoe on him for few rounds.
So thats my gripe. thanks for listening.
hey when i fought him a couple of weeks ago he was so easy. i new his cheats. and his minon died by the spamming of sandstorms. and i just spammed fire cat and dark spirit while my ice friend saved up to use frost giant just do that and you will be good :)

Elijahthunderbreath: 73 balance wizard
Blazemythglen: 48 myth wizard
Carlos windwraith 13 death wizard