Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A PvP Gamble? And maybe a little Gold.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
IT's just a suggestion but what about adding a little more to the pvp experience? like maybe some gold. Have it set up where something pops up and both users have to accept it so it's not a mandatory thing, but yeah like something pops up and you fight for the other persons gold and rank just to make it that much more interesting. Maybe like three bars with different amounts like 500 5000 15000 gold. but both competitors have to agree on the amount they battle for other wise it is just a pvp as normal. i'm personally comepletely satisfied with pvp the way that it is but i heard someone say they where getting bored with it and i definatley feel like this would be something that would put an extra flare into the pvp experience, plus less people would probably stop pvping to go fight random monsters to get stuf to sell if there was any possible income to be made from pvp. but it's just an idea let me know what you think. i would be honored to get some feed back on the chances of this actually going into the games or atleast that it was a ok idea so let me know.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2012
cory82 wrote:
IT's just a suggestion but what about adding a little more to the pvp experience? like maybe some gold. Have it set up where something pops up and both users have to accept it so it's not a mandatory thing, but yeah like something pops up and you fight for the other persons gold and rank just to make it that much more interesting. Maybe like three bars with different amounts like 500 5000 15000 gold. but both competitors have to agree on the amount they battle for other wise it is just a pvp as normal. i'm personally comepletely satisfied with pvp the way that it is but i heard someone say they where getting bored with it and i definatley feel like this would be something that would put an extra flare into the pvp experience, plus less people would probably stop pvping to go fight random monsters to get stuf to sell if there was any possible income to be made from pvp. but it's just an idea let me know what you think. i would be honored to get some feed back on the chances of this actually going into the games or atleast that it was a ok idea so let me know.

Then there is no honor or dignity left in PvP if people PvP for gold. It becomes nothing but a gambling hotspot.

- Jason StrongHeart

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Although this would be fun - I am pretty sure KI doesn't want to promote gambling. - Do not say that they do with hoard packs.
I will use Jester (From central)'s analogy.

You see a gumball machine. You want an apple flavored piece of bubble gum. You put in your quarter, and you don't get your favorite flavor. You don't call "gumball machines" gambling areas, do you? You are still getting your quarter's value from it, maybe not what you hoped for, but still your quarter's value. It is the same with a hoard pack. You are told you will get 7 items, with a chance at all of them. You buy one, you don't get what you hoped for, but you still get your money's worth of 7 items, don't you? Therefore hoard packs are not gambling. :P

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sorry, no.
This is a kids game first and foremost... promoting gambling in this manner is just not appropriate. And I'm pretty sure KI will agree.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Ronster55 wrote:
Although this would be fun - I am pretty sure KI doesn't want to promote gambling. - Do not say that they do with hoard packs.
I will use Jester (From central)'s analogy.

You see a gumball machine. You want an apple flavored piece of bubble gum. You put in your quarter, and you don't get your favorite flavor. You don't call "gumball machines" gambling areas, do you? You are still getting your quarter's value from it, maybe not what you hoped for, but still your quarter's value. It is the same with a hoard pack. You are told you will get 7 items, with a chance at all of them. You buy one, you don't get what you hoped for, but you still get your money's worth of 7 items, don't you? Therefore hoard packs are not gambling. :P
Nice gumball example, i wouldn't say it any other way!.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
cory82 wrote:
No that means they lose gold if they lose that is selfish sorry I don't like this idea.

Administrator
While we appreciate your feedback we will absolutely not be adding wagering in any form to PvP or any other system in Wizard101.

community@wizard101.com