Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thaumaturge

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
I am a lvl 44 thaumaturge I was just wondering why I've wizards are always called weak.It is obvious we are the tanks of wizard101.I dont see too many ice wizards.I usually just solo everything and I'm in DS ice wizards in my opinion are NOT weak. ;-)

Ice not I've

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
renesmeecullen1012... wrote:
I am a lvl 44 thaumaturge I was just wondering why I've wizards are always called weak.It is obvious we are the tanks of wizard101.I dont see too many ice wizards.I usually just solo everything and I'm in DS ice wizards in my opinion are NOT weak. ;-)

I have pretty pretty much soloed my life and death wizard and now choose Ice for my next mostly solo wizard, so far it's working out fine.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I am a lvl 44 thaumaturge I was just wondering why Ice wizards are always called weak.It is obvious we are the tanks of wizard101.I dont see too many ice wizards.I usually just solo everything and I'm in DS ice wizards in my opinion are NOT weak. ;-)

No, Ice is not weak and anyone who says so simply isn't playing the character to it's full potential. Each school has it's own nuances that make them special. It's up to us to figure them out and make sure our gear, etc., are the best they can be. (and no, I'm not talking about crowns)

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
In a sense, all wizards are weak. Each school has its strengths and weaknesses. While Ice lacks in damage, they make up for in health. I have a wizard from every school (exept balance) and know what Ice is capable of. Don't let the haters get you down!

Heather Shadowthorn, who agrees that Ice is NOT weak :D

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Ice isn't "weak"~ its skill-set is just different from the other schools, which is why those who have never played Ice (or any school) call it over/underpowered.

From my own experience (and I've played all 7 schools), Ice is a lot like Balance and Myth... All 3 are support-schools, and are weaker offensively, but they more than make up for in other ways: Ice's high heath/resistance and taunt protects more-fragile (read: Fire and Storm) teammates; Balance's universal buffs allow it to help all team members boost damage (and the healing abilities don't hurt, either), and I dare anyone to blade-stack with a Myth enemy on the other side of that circle.

There's a common misconception that support schools can't be just as efficient on their own. Like your Ice, my now-archmage Balance soloed most of the game~ sure, my level 18 Ice wizard could probably outhit her, but Shadowsong is practically immortal and will never run out of cards in combat (power pips on Reshuffle, baby!). ;)

Anyone who tells you you're weak is probably just jealous, so advise those people to make new wizards, if they don't like their school.

Happy trails,

"El Veeb"

(also known as Laura Shadowsong,
the Archmage of Awesomeness)

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
Don't worry about what other people say about your wizard or school! I've learned that a long time ago, when I had my first wizard. She was a theurgist (Life school), you can imagine what others said to me

All the schools can be soloed, all the schools are amazing when playing with friends.

Fire, Storm and Death wizard are strong and can attack and defeat their opponents quite easily (I know many of you will disagree about the Death school but when I created my death wizard it was so easy to battle almost everyone!)

Ice, Life, Myth and Balance wizards are also strong but the person who controls them need to have a certain stradegy. I like to solo, what can I say! :D
Every single wizard I had, soloed most of the game! And currently I have Storm, Fire, Life, Death and Ice wizards and I love them all equally. Most people who talk about other schools haven't really given them a chance and tried them out. Just keep on going and have fun!

Survivor
Feb 23, 2012
thanks so much all of your answers have been so helpful!thanks so much. :D

Anna Darkgrove

Delver
Apr 11, 2012

Wow, those people who say Ice is weak are terribly wrong. Ice is the Tank Class, and like real life tanks, they are hard core and strong. But even with tank's disadvantages (being big in size makes them a target) all schools have the advantage and the disadvantage as a wizard.

Ice deserves it's name as the tank class and it shouldn't be bullied because of untrue rumors. Everyone deserves their place...