Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Funny Names! :D

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Has anyone spotted a Flint Stone? This name is so funny and clever on many levels.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on May 19, 2019 wrote:
Has anyone spotted a Flint Stone? This name is so funny and clever on many levels.
I did during the Deckathalon! I said it was a great name but I think he was busy sorting his deck and may have missed it! A FlintStones car would be a great April Fool mount

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Its not particularly funny but stitching together the longest possible name you can possibly make is endlessly amusing to me. The longest I'd ever managed was Elizabeth Rainbowdreamer or something like that.

Also just the name Calamity like you're a walking disaster of a wizard like you were born and ended up casting off destructive magic and destroying the hospital so your parents just said "Calamity this child is a calamity."

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Discord Spiders on May 28, 2019 wrote:
Its not particularly funny but stitching together the longest possible name you can possibly make is endlessly amusing to me. The longest I'd ever managed was Elizabeth Rainbowdreamer or something like that.

Also just the name Calamity like you're a walking disaster of a wizard like you were born and ended up casting off destructive magic and destroying the hospital so your parents just said "Calamity this child is a calamity."
PSST. Don't say that in front of Calamity Finch.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DevinDotty12 on May 31, 2019 wrote:
I've seen Angel Dust and thats a pretty good one!
I don't think it's a good name as it's ( illegal ) drug related.

Administrator
anecorbie on May 31, 2019 wrote:
A good example, some of these names are just not appropriate for this forum.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on May 31, 2019 wrote:
A good example, some of these names are just not appropriate for this forum.
I didn't know any inappropriate connection, I thought it was tribute to the Marvel character...maybe I'm a bit naive but I bet there are wizards using it completely innocently!

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on May 31, 2019 wrote:
Thank goodness you knew that!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on May 31, 2019 wrote:
I didn't know any inappropriate connection, I thought it was tribute to the Marvel character...maybe I'm a bit naive but I bet there are wizards using it completely innocently!
If it is a tribute to a Marvel Character ( & I thought I knew Marvel ) is this character a hero or villain?

Survivor
May 14, 2015
I've always found it funny that you can name your character "Tara Strong". You know, the famous voice actress who's worked for TV shows like Fairly OddParents, My Little Pony, and so on.

Just, uh... don't try to use that name in the game. We don't want KingsIsle to get sued.

Defender
May 23, 2009
Angus AnvilStaff
Boris BearFlower
Digby OgreHaven

Lail BattlePetal
Mycin TrollHand
Tarlac FrogBreath

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:
If it is a tribute to a Marvel Character ( & I thought I knew Marvel ) is this character a hero or villain?
It was a while back so I don't remember much...so anyone feel free to add or correct anything

She's a kid who runs away from home when she discovers she's a mutant. She tries to do what is right in a world that rejects her, where she feels alone and lost.

When she finds out her parents are overwhelmed with worry about her she goes back to allow them closure, sure she will be hurt by this because she expects rejection. They don't reject her but she can't stay because mutants are being hunted and it will put them in danger.

After working with the other mutants and helping to save them she loses her powers and goes home to her family.

These themes are quite normal for a kid to relate to - not fitting in or being scared of not fitting in or being rejected. Feeling family don't understand or won't accept who you are. Her actions are considerate and brave. It's also not so far from the human child discovering they're a wizard when they're drawn into the Spiral.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2017
I saw a guy in the Commons named Kevin Boom. I saw another dude five minutes later called Kevin BoomHunter in Ravenwood. It was pretty humorous, especially when he went in the Commons and Kevin Boom saw him.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2013
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
IKL626 on Aug 29, 2012 wrote:
Greetings many wonderful wizards of the Spiral! I felt like creating a post to talk about weird and wacky names:

Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift (as a boy's name O.o)

Patrick Star

Jack Frost

Brittany Spear

[any name] BoomPants

[any name] GiantPants

[any name] GiantHead

Taylor SwiftStalker (get it xD?)

And I'm sure there are more :)

Post if you think you've found anything funny as a name!! :)

Caitlin WinterHeart
lol for a bit i thought of making a male character named Taylor swift. and Taylor swiftstalker? hahahahahaha. i have a few: [any name] GiantSkull ( not amazing but....) Caitlin sea ( cats don't like water :D) Caitlin chaser ( like chasing a cat) [any name] DeathPants. Elijah bearsong ( if ur reading this elijah, it's taylor dearthheart)

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
DevinDotty12 on May 31, 2019 wrote:
I've seen Angel Dust and thats a pretty good one!
NOT funny

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Jun 20, 2019 wrote:
It was a while back so I don't remember much...so anyone feel free to add or correct anything

She's a kid who runs away from home when she discovers she's a mutant. She tries to do what is right in a world that rejects her, where she feels alone and lost.

When she finds out her parents are overwhelmed with worry about her she goes back to allow them closure, sure she will be hurt by this because she expects rejection. They don't reject her but she can't stay because mutants are being hunted and it will put them in danger.

After working with the other mutants and helping to save them she loses her powers and goes home to her family.

These themes are quite normal for a kid to relate to - not fitting in or being scared of not fitting in or being rejected. Feeling family don't understand or won't accept who you are. Her actions are considerate and brave. It's also not so far from the human child discovering they're a wizard when they're drawn into the Spiral.
duh it's moon girl! i love moon girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! moon girl deserves all the love in the world!

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
anecorbie on May 19, 2019 wrote:
oh my gosh i finally realized what people meant by flint stone xd

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
EmilyMythSong on Aug 4, 2019 wrote:
NOT funny
Well, as was said before, some people could be using that name completely innocently!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Survivor
Feb 25, 2018
Not sure if this is exactly a funny wizard name but I used to have a wizard named Patrick Mythpants, who funny enough wasn't myth - he was fire lol.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2015
i saw one Edward Sparklepants once.

It's funny if you've seen the twilight movies.
(I guess Jake Wolf also qualifies then)

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Fires of Chaos on Sep 1, 2012 wrote:
Steven Hawk (Stephen Hawking)
Not exactly funny... just cool.
We joined on the same day. :D