Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Funny Names! :D

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 15, 2014
Eric the Red on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
My biggest pet peeve regarding names, is the name Fallon.
It's not because I don't like it. In fact, I think it's a beautiful name. The thing is, most people don't know how to pronounce it - especially when trying to use it in a witty context.

To all the people posting about wizards named Fallon Pants, Fallon Angel, etc, the problem is that the name Fallon is NOT pronounced "fallen".

The name Fallon is pronounced as 'Fal-in'
Fal, like pal
in like bin
It rhymes with Talon.

I'm really sorry to burst everyone's bubble on that name, but I mean, I can't be the only one who noticed that. So think of this as like a public service to any future Fallons that may be created. The name on its own is awesome. But combine it with a corny 'look-how-cute-I-am' name combo, and it loses all meaning (and none of your friends want to say anything)
Exactly. The valentines day guest in the shopping district should be named Fallon Tine!

Defender
Jan 15, 2014
WolfyJonathan on Feb 7, 2013 wrote:
I figured out a new funny name:
Angel AngleHunter - He is hunting himself

Jonathan Frogheart
I have a friend named Angel AngleHunter!

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
one funny name is jack sparklepants. And the names jack waterpants and jack waterrunner go well together .

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
Wow, everyone's posts include some creative ideas! Love them all. Haha if anyone has any ideas for a name that is related to AoT, please tell me! (I love that show!!) -Emmaline SeaGrove

Defender
May 17, 2014
Me and my friends decided to go with the name Jordan and Tasha BearRider. Some adult players might have a chuckle at this :)

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
It's not because I don't like it. In fact, I think it's a beautiful name. The thing is, most people don't know how to pronounce it - especially when trying to use it in a witty context.

To all the people posting about wizards named Fallon Pants, Fallon Angel, etc, the problem is that the name Fallon is NOT pronounced "fallen".

Fal, like pal
in like bin
It rhymes with Talon.

I'm really sorry to burst everyone's bubble on that name, but I mean, I can't be the only one who noticed that. So think of this as like a public service to any future Fallons that may be created. The name on its own is awesome. But combine it with a corny 'look-how-cute-I-am' name combo, and it loses all meaning (and none of your friends want to say anything)
yes you are right.

thats why i was getting confused when people were saying that was funny. i was like what. it isnt pronounced fallen.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
Emma Troll (imma troll)

and Emma Trollhunter (imma troll hunter)

usually you will see them together, or should i say one being chased by another

Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Survivor
May 23, 2013
Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I saw one last night that was pretty awesome: Cole Bear

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Erica GoldSteed on May 24, 2016 wrote:
yes you are right.

thats why i was getting confused when people were saying that was funny. i was like what. it isnt pronounced fallen.
Exactly! I was always thinking to myself "is there a hidden reference that I dont know about in this name?" or "how and why is that funny?"

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Here are ones I came up with.

Gorman BattleHeart. Like Gore Man.

Cole Stalker. Like coal in your stocking.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
omagicspells on Jun 14, 2016 wrote:
Exactly! I was always thinking to myself "is there a hidden reference that I dont know about in this name?" or "how and why is that funny?"
Same

Survivor
Jun 07, 2016
This is not a players name but has anyone noticed the death student Penny Dreadful. That is a reference to the Netflix show Penny Dreadful.

Survivor
May 26, 2012

Fal, like pal
in like bin
It rhymes with Talon.

Oh now I get why Fallon Pants is so funny. I've always pronounced it "Fal-in" so I didn't get names used as Fallen until you mentioned it :P

Explorer
May 27, 2012
Patrick Star is one of my characters.

I saw an Anna Skywalker at Unicorn Way. Now that's creative!

I've also seen Nathan Drake, Taylor Swiftsinger, Dolan, Hunter Hunter, Matthew Smith, and Kane, first of the clockworks.

And by far, the weirdest name I've seen is Paul Walker.
Why?

Explorer
May 27, 2012
quilteddawg63 on Sep 2, 2012 wrote:
I've seen some wizards whose last name was Angle____. Is that supposed to be Angel? Anglesword kind of makes sense but Angledust? Not sure.
Rouge Angles of Satin.
Nuff said.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2013
I have an alternate character named Savannah Dunestrider (). Sort of like a play off of Nalia Dunestrider in Wysteria. Not funny, but I think worth mentioning.

-Natalie Owlcaller

Survivor
Jul 05, 2013
I've seen the following names:
Patrick Star
Sierra Mist
Luke SkyPants
Taylor Swift
Cowan BoomPants
Austin HawkPants.
(It's really random I know)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Jimmmbob88 on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
This is not a players name but has anyone noticed the death student Penny Dreadful. That is a reference to the Netflix show Penny Dreadful.
And Penny Dreadful was originally a slang name for a type of cheap paperback novel with lurid content - maybe based on a true crime story or something gory. Those were sold in the Victorian era. That's the origin of the phrase. The books cost a penny each. And they were dreadful. Lol

I saw a Luke SkyWalker in the Commons the other day.

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
There are a lot of funny names out there!
some particularily funny ones i've seen are:

Rowan BoomPants (honestly anything BoomPants is funny)
Brian Griffin

Angela Gem 110
Katie GoldFountain 110
Nicole StarSmith 110

Explorer
Jul 30, 2011
Survivor
Sep 28, 2015
Elizabeth Unicornhead. Elizabeth is secretly a unicorn.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2016
I always thought "BoomPants" was hilarious, or just any name with "pants".