Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hall Monitors!

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
sundblom123 wrote:
How does one become a hall monitor, have reported a few times in pass I am a Mom with family playing

Hi there~ Hall Monitors are handpicked by KingsIsle, through an extensive screening process. No one knows exactly what that process entails, but I would assume that a prospective HM must be over 18, have open chat, and keep a clean record (no previous mutes or ToU violations). KI takes this very seriously and, unfortunately, it's not a position we can apply for.

I hope this answers your question~ if not, you can read more here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/august2012 (near the middle-end of the updates)

Cheers,

Laura/veebz
archmages Shadowsong & Deathwhisper

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:

This the last time I will reply to any of your posts on this subject Snowy.

The update notes plainly state that the "Hall Monitors" will be ANONYMOUS. In other words they will not be showing any titles or badges stating who they are.

Why don't you understand that Snowy KNOWS THIS?!?

Snowy is just suggesting that w101 DOES have Hall Monitors display badges.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kamarynjelise wrote:
Why don't you understand that Snowy KNOWS THIS?!?

Snowy is just suggesting that w101 DOES have Hall Monitors display badges.
There is a very good reason Hall Monitors do not have badges displayed. Myself and several members of the WCP have been attacked because of the efforts we put out to try to get the Spiral cleaned up of all the foul language and other abusive nature that has been happening. Some of those attacks have been very graphical and supported with full descriptions of the attacks. KI is fully aware of these attacks and has wisely chosen not to have the Hall Monitors identifiable.

So to answer your question, unless you have been in one of those situations, then YOU do not understand.

Fallon WinterLeaf a Founding member WCP

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I have had a change of heart about the Badge. I was in the Dye Shop recently and two people got "tagged" as being HM's. (They never said the were players decided they were. lol) Then an interesting and positive thing happened. They were not attacked. People started asking them questions trying to understand TOU. The players were polite and interested. It made me realize a Badge would make a HM a real person not an anonymous threat. That got me thinking about how excited people get when they see a KI Support Badge.

I have decided a Badge might be worth a try. If there were problems it could be removed. Megan

Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
Thank goodness for hall monitors. I am seeing a change in behavior in the game already!

Defender
May 22, 2011
MarvelDoctorDoom on Aug 29, 2012 wrote:
I dont get it, are hall monitors admins or mods?.
hall monitors are a few people chosen to make sure the spiral is a nice and fun place

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I haven't seen evidence of any hall monitor presence in a long time, almost 2 months. Did the hall monitor initiative get dropped altogether, or are they simply concealing their presence better?

(No, really, I already understand that hall monitors are invisible. So is the wind, but let's not argue about whether the wind has been around. It's silly.)

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I also have not seen any hall monitor activity (warnings or mute dialog boxes) in a very long time as well, plus I have found none of the reports that I have made get any response from those who I am reporting anymore at all. We play similar times as always and days/nights/evenings and have seen reportable behavior/language. Before when ever you reported anyone they would immediately say something like "hey who reported me" or similar. In the last month or more, I have only gotten a verbal response like that from one person, before it was with every single report. Something has changed.