Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How often should I be buying new decks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
I've only just started playing the game recently and am currently level 17.

I've only had two decks for my character so far, the starter deck and a Pinewood deck that I recently purchased. Should I be buying decks more often? Is there a better deck for someone my level?

Thanks in advance!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
I'm not sure if it is within your budget, but try going to the Bazaar (in Olde Town) and buying a "Mummified Deck". It is level 15+, available to all schools, and is a significant improvement from your current deck. It currently costs 560 gold. Happy dueling!

Defender
May 24, 2012
Sounds like you're running about average. I usually wanted one when I wanted more cards in "my hand". You're restricted by level at some point. What kind of wand are you carrying? Are there cards attached (the cards at the bottom of your deck page) or sparklers. The sparklers cost you no pips to cast so they let you hit and still build up your pips. And I never carry my own school, ie, I'm a Life wizard and I carry a Fire hammer. Don't be afraid to ask questions even if they sound dumb to you. We all started at level 1 like you. There's a lot of great info on this board. Keep in touch.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
Thats a tough question. I never bought a deck until i was able to get multibe copys of my own class. But now that i think about if you can upgrade UPGRADE. Hope this helps.

Edward GoldStaff lvl 41 Diviner

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BrianWJ wrote:

I've only had two decks for my character so far, the starter deck and a Pinewood deck that I recently purchased. Should I be buying decks more often? Is there a better deck for someone my level?

Thanks in advance!

Decks are totally a preference thing - the best plan is to get by with as few cards in your deck as you can so really if you added reshuffle you could probably do the entire game with the starter deck.

I usually stop buying them around level 35 and get one of my school decks so it has all the copies of my school spells I will need. I solo a lot so need my cards to come up in as few turns as can be. Group wizards that offer support to others may need more cards to get by. I fill in with Treasure Cards so I always have spare cards. I tend to have a total of 15-20 cards in my normal mob and regular boss fighting deck. I can add enchanted treasure etc to fill in gaps for larger fights or a few regular spells as called for.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
BrianWJ wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Go to the Bazaar and click the deck icon. Search for your level, or the next level up (levels with regards to gear go up every 5 levels: 5, 10, 15, 20 etc)
There are better available.

I upgrade decks within my school each time one is available...until there is no benefit (around level 50-60 or so) simply because I can load more spells from my own school in those decks.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
Thanks so much for the advice, everyone.

I went to the bazaar and ended up purchasing the mummified deck that scorpion18 suggested. Wow, what a difference it has made in my playing. When I get online tonight I'm planning on looking for new wands so that I can deal even more damage than I currently am.