Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101 and Mac Computer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
I've tried to search but can't find anything on the subject, so first, my apologies if this has already been addressed.
How do you download this game using a Mac Computer?
:-(

Administrator
Running Wizard101 on a Mac

Wizard101 runs on a Windows enabled computer. To enable Windows on your mac, visit apple.com and follow their instructions. Click here to learn more:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/11889.html

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
ah, i hope that sometime they can get a strightforward download for mac, it'd be a lot easier.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Somebody should spend the time to build a 3rd party client for Wizard 101 for the Mac. They could even charge for it. I would buy it.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
Yes, PLEASE make a version for Mac, KingsIsle! I have to run Wizard101 on Bootcamp on my Macbook, and pretty much everyday, Wizard101 crashes a minimum of 5 or 6 times. Plus, I had to pay an extra $200 for my version of Windows. This is not fair at all.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
i cant do it its so had it says it cant open but why wat do i do.

by cole firbreaker

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Survivor
Nov 08, 2010
I have Windows 7 on my mac. The main operating system is leopard OS X. I have installed Wizard 101, and it is functioning.. but not very well. Everything is fine when there is no one around and I am not battling anyone, but as soon as i get into battle or I am in an area that has a a good amount of people in it, the game starts freezing up and gets glitchy. Whenever I am trying to port to other worlds (or even other peoples houses!) it has to load the world (or home) and even then things are not completely loaded. like articles around the house are shown as crates and people show up as wooden manicans Can someone please tell me how I can get get Wizard 101 to operate more smoothly?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
fishiekiss wrote:
I have Windows 7 on my mac. The main operating system is leopard OS X. I have installed Wizard 101, and it is functioning.. but not very well. Everything is fine when there is no one around and I am not battling anyone, but as soon as i get into battle or I am in an area that has a a good amount of people in it, the game starts freezing up and gets glitchy. Whenever I am trying to port to other worlds (or even other peoples houses!) it has to load the world (or home) and even then things are not completely loaded. like articles around the house are shown as crates and people show up as wooden manicans Can someone please tell me how I can get get Wizard 101 to operate more smoothly?

Good luck with that one. From what I've heard, you can't.

That's why we keep asking for Wizard 101 on a Mac, not on Windows on a Mac. *sigh*

(P.S. - I don't mean for this to be sarcastic, but I'm just tired to trying to play my two accounts on my one PC on windows. Can't use my new Mac and can't share family playing together with the two accounts.)