Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Easy way to get gold?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
I understand how to get gold by selling stuff to the master merchant and battling alot, but I can never get that much gold, and I right now need 100,000 gold to buy a new house and currently have only 27. Help!?

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
If you want gold go farm asrik widebelt or halfang bristlecrown they give High priced rewards

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
jeffeema wrote:
I understand how to get gold by selling stuff to the master merchant and battling alot, but I can never get that much gold, and I right now need 100,000 gold to buy a new house and currently have only 27. Help!?

The fansites have a lot of tips for getting gold fast. Here is one example:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13743&highlight=99+999+ways+to+get+gold

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Hmm... Judging by your join-date, you're new to the game. So, welcome to the boards!

As a new wizard, getting that much gold together is a chore, since quest rewards are small and the gear that drops isn't worth much. But that all changes as you level up and gain access to higher-level worlds (you'll have to buy a subscription or buy areas with Crowns to do this).

By the time you get to my level, gold practically comes out of your ears and the max limit of 300,000 is nowhere near enough to contain it all. :P My wizards have 10+ houses between them, all purchased with gold (except for Val's massive fantasy palace)~ there are also mounts and clothing in the Crown shop that are available for gold, when you get there.

In the meantime, you may want to farm bosses for slightly-better rewards~ Rattlebones, Lord Nightshade, Foulgaze, and Lady Blackhope can drop some neat items for low-level wizards. ;)

Once again, welcome, and happy farming!

Laura Shadowsong/"El Veeb"
the Archmage of Awesomeness

& the El Veeb Army :)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wizardgirl1840 wrote:
Spoiler alert...

Uh, no... He asked, and I answered honestly.

Spoiler (n):

"Something that could ruin something about a game for someone who hasn't played it yet. For example, revealing major parts of the plot or big storyline events to others."

Claiming that I'm posting spoilers would imply that I was giving away info that's not common knowledge; the fact that rewards increase with level is common knowledge, not a concept exclusive to this game or something that will affect the OP's gaming experience in any way. So get your facts straight, kthanksbye.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
jeffeema wrote:

You should have mentioned your level and where are you in this game.

If you are new, buying a house with that much amount is the least of your priorities. Try to stay as long as you can with what the dorm can provide you or buy the cheapest among the ones available with house vendors. Your money is better spent in gears, rings, athames that will help you level up and give you the capacity to gain more money by accessing new worlds.

Learning how to craft and gardening are common things that is frequently overlooked too early in the game. Crafting makes you gain better gears later in the game and Gardening gives you pet snacks and money at the same time too.

So for me, the easiest way to earn gold is make your mage strong first to give you access to new worlds that even gives you more money, learn to craft to equip you with better gears and try gardening for extra money and pet snacks.

Buying expensive houses that doesn't give you any advantage is a common early pitfall in this game.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
You can always join everyone favorite fansite for Wizard101, wizard101central, @ http://www.wizard101central.com ;) If you can trade off some TCs, you can save up to 400 FG (Forum gold) and buy yourself 100,000 to 150,000 gold worth of TCs. Or, when you get to grizzleheim, farm some of the splithoof barbarians and whatnot, because they drop couch potatoes ( http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Couch_Potatoes ) Which if you garden long enough, a garden of 20 can make you up to 80,000 in 5 days!!! I have 4, not through farming though. Helping friends actually! (Someone is paying me 450 FG to get them from level 38 to 70 or 80, I can't turn down that much FG.) However, note that this will take some time, 100,000 gold isn't easy for most people without an hour or so of farming.

Hope I helped!

All links that are helpful in a nutshell:
Wizard101central link:
http://www.wizard101central.com
Wizard101 Wiki site link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki
Page about gardening, how to garden and all that good stuff: (This is a WIP)
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Gardening
Couch Potatoes link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Couch_Potatoes

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Depending on level find a boss that you can comfortably defeat that drops decent stuff.
Then take it to the bazaar.
Halfang is probably the most popular for higher levels, but you can find some bosses in earlier worlds that will pay off.
I also sell all dropped pet snacks as well.

As a tip, try and find a boss that is the same school as you, and use a prism (only do this after you have the spell). You will get the boost and not have to worry about a school shield as long as you get your prism down first.
Good luck!
pods

Survivor
Sep 17, 2011
jeffeema wrote:

If you are level 12 and have access to Crab Alley, there should be a tower called the White Tower. You may fight in it as many times as you want, and the monsters are easy at only 120 health. You receive rewards that sell for 40-200 gold at the bazaar.

Thank you,
Miranda ThunderGem

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
jeffeema wrote:

Well, looks like you are new to the game so hello! I dont think you will be able to get 100,000 gold unless you use crowns to buy gold. But you can do you r side quests or main storyline and you will get plenty of good drops.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
If you are new to the game, Getting 100K in gold is a task, but the best way to go about starting to get that much gold is to sell every single robe, ring, wand or boots you get, Unless the equip you get is better than the one you are wearing. NEVER sell that stuff thru the sell option in your backpack. You will always get much much less than what you would get if you sold it thru the Bazaar. Also, Unless you are leveling up your pet, Sell all additional Pet snacks that you do not use or can't use. Also sell all reagents that you get unless you are crafting items for sale. Several of the reagents that you collect go for high gold value and can be sold to the merchant to get the most bang for you coin. Also, Unless you have a Panache for decorating your dorm or house, then sell every decoration you can get your hands on. Other than that, Finishing quests are another way to get gold coins. The smaller quests don't offer a get rich quick scheme, but they do add up. The higher level quests offer big rewards and it adds up quickly. So far on my lvl 79 Wizard, I have the best gear I can find, 3 Houses loaded with decorations and quite a bit gold left over to goof off with.