Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is a good school for a secondary?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
Hello all. I am a level 25 pyromancer and was wondering what would be a good school to have a secondary. I have thought about myth, life, death or possibly balance. I understand all of these are good ones but which one would best suit a pyro? Sorry I cant type much. I have to go lol. Please post your suggestions

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lucas221198 wrote:
Hello all. I am a level 25 pyromancer and was wondering what would be a good school to have a secondary. I have thought about myth, life, death or possibly balance. I understand all of these are good ones but which one would best suit a pyro? Sorry I cant type much. I have to go lol. Please post your suggestions

I have been passing on the secondary school on my wizards and so far it seems to be working out fine. I do pick up the blade from Niles in Krock land and then I train the Sun Spells in Celestia for sure to add damage to any of my school spells. I have an amulet with a small over time sprite I use and later on I use treasures for emergency life support. Keep in mind now all players are given a 400 health fairy on Unicorn Way so unless you are in a group where a low health person has to save pips for damage spells they can revive them selves.

If your game style is group or support, Life maybe to Satyr, Death to Feint and Ice to Tower Shield are the norm. I have found in the 40's levels I get gear that gives me more power pips so wasting them on out of school spells becomes to long to wait for since I solo mainly.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
brwac wrote:
lucas221198 wrote:

I have been passing on the secondary school on my wizards and so far it seems to be working out fine. I do pick up the blade from Niles in Krock land and then I train the Sun Spells in Celestia for sure to add damage to any of my school spells. I have an amulet with a small over time sprite I use and later on I use treasures for emergency life support. Keep in mind now all players are given a 400 health fairy on Unicorn Way so unless you are in a group where a low health person has to save pips for damage spells they can revive them selves.

If your game style is group or support, Life maybe to Satyr, Death to Feint and Ice to Tower Shield are the norm. I have found in the 40's levels I get gear that gives me more power pips so wasting them on out of school spells becomes to long to wait for since I solo mainly.

Oh ok. Ill keep this in mind. Thanks for the suggestion!

Defender
May 24, 2012
My second wizard was a pyromancer and every time I got a training point I bought a spell from the first person I came to. That didn't work out. My wizard now is Life and I chose Fire for my second. She is by far the strongest of any of the wizards I started (4 others). Look at it like this.....no one you fight has shields for life spells. If you are up against other life foes you have your fires to cast. Also remember to think about how you like to fight. Do you want to solo or be in a team. I always solo and this wizard's a powerhouse. You will get many opinions but ultimately it's yours that counts for you. And read these boards often. You learn a lot.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
I would Life to Satyr. More heals are a good thing IMO. Then in CL I would look at the Sun and Star schools. They provide accuracy and damage boosts.

Megan Frostriver Founding Member WCP

Survivor
Aug 21, 2012
I made the mistake of choosing life as a secondary to fire, but I did not know that fire can heal, but since death can heal a little bit too, their attacks are ever so slightly weaker, ice is weak, thunder fizzles way too much, balance is more making other player's spells weaker, but Myth is great because they have strong attacks and they can get rid of other's shields (the Earthquake spell.)

So Myth it is.