Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cheap PVP.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
I was reading a posting in which a guy stated that Shatter was a cheap move in PvP. I personally really never liked the spell and never used it, until just before I quit the game. Someone on Centra named Carlos gave him the follwoing reply....

"I wouldn't consider shatter cheap at all, more like, more effective.
Think about it, why bother with an ATTACK that wastes your blades and traps when you could just shatter?
The pros clearly outway the cons when dealing with whether to use shatter or not. And in no way is it cheap. If this is considered cheap, then an ice using infection, storm using feint, or any school using satyr is cheap. Honestly, i dont see what the big deal is. Yes, we are using another schools spell. Yes, we are using a treasure card. But seriously, whats so bad about it. Tell me truthfully that you've never used another schools spell. And perhaps not everyone has a death mastery, or fire elf. Whats the difference between using fire elf treasure and shatter treasure? Now either I'm the most clueless human being to ever walk on the face of this earth, or I am actually making a point here.

-Carlos."

After I read this, I started thinking about all the times I was told I was spamming, cheating, being cheap, a noob, that I was breaking the rules, and the list goes on and on.

I put up three weakness in a row, why, becasue they showed up, and I was low on pips. I got a ton of comments, spammer, cheap, and it went on for the entire match.

I use Mana Burn twice in a match on my Balance and was told I was spamming it. Really, twice and I'm spamming, I only had two in my whole deck?

The first time I used Shatter (I've only used it twice in PvP), I was told about Central's rules and I was being cheap. I wasn't in a Central Tourney, how could their rules affect me in W101 pvp?

I've been called a noob so many times, I wish I could have changed my old Wizards to that name then. Noob1, Noob2, etc. I had to check my Driver's license to make sure my name hadn't changed over to noob I heard it so much.

What is Cheap PvP, their isn't any such thing, you can't be cheap in PvP.
KI controls the rules, and as long as you don't use a c-e or something, you are not being cheap at all. Are TC cheap, no way, no way, no way, they are just part of the game. Are spells over-Powered, maybe but there are non in the game right now that are Over Powered at all.

Just because you have an idea of what you don't like, it does not mean that it's wrong or cheap. Learn to play the game the way it is, and stop crying.

(I know, yes, I cried and whined over the Guardian Spirit spell, but I got my Cookies and warm Milk, and now I'm ok).

Joe.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
I was reading a posting in which a guy stated that Shatter was a cheap move in PvP. I personally really never liked the spell and never used it, until just before I quit the game. Someone on Centra named Carlos gave him the follwoing reply....

Think about it, why bother with an ATTACK that wastes your blades and traps when you could just shatter?
The pros clearly outway the cons when dealing with whether to use shatter or not. And in no way is it cheap. If this is considered cheap, then an ice using infection, storm using feint, or any school using satyr is cheap. Honestly, i dont see what the big deal is. Yes, we are using another schools spell. Yes, we are using a treasure card. But seriously, whats so bad about it. Tell me truthfully that you've never used another schools spell. And perhaps not everyone has a death mastery, or fire elf. Whats the difference between using fire elf treasure and shatter treasure? Now either I'm the most clueless human being to ever walk on the face of this earth, or I am actually making a point here.

-Carlos."

After I read this, I started thinking about all the times I was told I was spamming, cheating, being cheap, a noob, that I was breaking the rules, and the list goes on and on.

I put up three weakness in a row, why, becasue they showed up, and I was low on pips. I got a ton of comments, spammer, cheap, and it went on for the entire match.

I use Mana Burn twice in a match on my Balance and was told I was spamming it. Really, twice and I'm spamming, I only had two in my whole deck?

The first time I used Shatter (I've only used it twice in PvP), I was told about Central's rules and I was being cheap. I wasn't in a Central Tourney, how could their rules affect me in W101 pvp?

I've been called a noob so many times, I wish I could have changed my old Wizards to that name then. Noob1, Noob2, etc. I had to check my Driver's license to make sure my name hadn't changed over to noob I heard it so much.

KI controls the rules, and as long as you don't use a c-e or something, you are not being cheap at all. Are TC cheap, no way, no way, no way, they are just part of the game. Are spells over-Powered, maybe but there are non in the game right now that are Over Powered at all.

Just because you have an idea of what you don't like, it does not mean that it's wrong or cheap. Learn to play the game the way it is, and stop crying.

(I know, yes, I cried and whined over the Guardian Spirit spell, but I got my Cookies and warm Milk, and now I'm ok).

Joe.

Whether it is "cheap" or not really doesnt matter to me. If the duel isnt by central rules then feel free to use whatever cards you feel necessary. That being said I do believe that shatter is an overpowered card. The simple fact that it can in one turn remove all defenses for little consequence while leaving every boost intact means that it leads to a much too easy ohko from first unless perfectly predicted. As to using fire elf, it takes several turns to remove stacked shields, can be countered via triage and more importantly uses up any and all non stacked fire and universal blades and traps. Yes some spells are OP, some are UP and players like me will point this out.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

-Carlos."

Joe.

Lol good thing you got your milk. I beat a balance today who loved mana burn. He used it 7 times in the match. Mainly that was his only attack. -.-
Though to me being able to predict when he used it I was able to beat him. I really hate the mana burn spell but I do deal with it. Sometimes when people spam it makes it easier for the enemy to win.

Spamming can get annoying though it is the simplest form of pvp making it the most predictable and sometimes the easiest to counter. Since the balance love mana burn so much I kept my pips below 3 at all times. He went first making it harder for me. Though I attacked the same turn he used mana burn so my pips weren't wasted.

There is some forms of spamming which I feel should be banned. Really this only applies to 4v4 pvp. Its called the smoke screen spammers. The use of smoke screen and tc smoke screen puts you at a - 85% accuracy. There is no easy way to counter this spam. Simply it fall to if you get enough luck to cast or not.

The only form of cheap pvp I see is turtling. -.- Yea I said it. I know turtling is a strategy but its just obnoxious. Yes I know there are ways to beat it but even the ways to beat will make you waste a lot of time to just get set up for an attack. This being said you must take into account the amount of luck that is involved. If you don't get lucky and fizzle at the wrong time you must start over again. Turtle matches can go on indefinitely. As long as there is enough reshuffles the match will go on.

Besides turtling there is no real cheap pvp. Most of it is just really annoying. :?

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
The only spell that is cheap.... Hmm... Can't think of one... GS is fair game... Oh yes... Nothing but shielding until I have to quit... Aka 6 hour + matches... Those are cheap... But well said.

PS: Who are u on central?