Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Option to turn hats off

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2012
I'm one of those players who puts a fair amount of thought into designing a character, regardless of how many options I have. I just like to make sure I like my character before I commit to playing them.

The thing is, once you design the character, you almost never see their hair again. Some of the hats look cool so I don't mind too much but sometimes I'd just like to see them without something constantly covering their head.

Would it be possible to have a graphical option to toggle them on and off? They'd still be "on", just not visible.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
maybe just a mask vanity item which allows you to see the rest of your head, but just covers the face, and is seamable... although i wouldnt replace my samurai gear with it

Defender
May 19, 2012
I think an option to toggle hats on/off would be great! Sometimes I think the hats my wizards are wearing are hideous, and would gladly toggle them off. Other times, their hats are awesome and fantastic looking, and I would love them to show. I know you have the 'stitching' thing that could remedy this, but as the OP pointed out, it would be nice to sometimes see your character's head without it being covered, and that won't affect the 'stitching' process by all that much. It's not like the 'stitching' is a huge profit maker for KI anyways, and it would only affect hats, not the other gear (although it would be cool to be able to toggle wands off and on as well).

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
I have seen my hair, but I have never once seen the top of it ever since I made my char ....

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
Mokxie on Aug 26, 2012 wrote:
I'm one of those players who puts a fair amount of thought into designing a character, regardless of how many options I have. I just like to make sure I like my character before I commit to playing them.

The thing is, once you design the character, you almost never see their hair again. Some of the hats look cool so I don't mind too much but sometimes I'd just like to see them without something constantly covering their head.

Would it be possible to have a graphical option to toggle them on and off? They'd still be "on", just not visible.
This only affects looks, and appeal to other in game characters.
Who honestly cares about what one looks like, seriously.
It would be a waste of time for KingsIsle to try and consider this, and put it into action.
There are games for this, fashion games, this is more like an action game.
And, I like the hats, they're cool.
Sorry, I know, I'm a dream breaker