Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical and block Help needed please.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
To anyone that can help me,

I am confused, I remember when I thought I understood this, but now I no longer do. I always thought that Critical block was based off of a number around 400. While Critica was based off a number that was close to 500.
I know that some have come up with multipliers, like 2.21, etc.

Anyway, I was looking at different combos, trying to help Fred out on his old account, and got confused, and stopped.

Here is what confused me, all wizards are Level 80.

Balance Wizard
Critical Block 22% = 128. Calculate the full value and it is 581.8.
Critical 19% = 123. Calcluate the full value and it's 647.4.

Now his Myth Wizard.
Critical Block 26% = 135. Calculate the full value and it is 519.2.
Critical 17% = 99. Calcluate the full value and it's 582.3.

Next his Death Wizard.
Critical Block 24% = 134. Calculate the full value and it is 558.3.
Critical 18% = 119. Calcluate the full value and it's 661.1.

So if 18/100 = 119/x to full scale for each wizard is different?
If this is correct, then each Wizards Critical and Critical Block is calculated differently, and there is no standard between them.

Or am I just doing the math wrong?

Thanks,
Joe.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Lion359 wrote:

I am confused, I remember when I thought I understood this, but now I no longer do. I always thought that Critical block was based off of a number around 400. While Critica was based off a number that was close to 500.

Anyway, I was looking at different combos, trying to help Fred out on his old account, and got confused, and stopped.

Balance Wizard

Now his Myth Wizard.

Next his Death Wizard.

If this is correct, then each Wizards Critical and Critical Block is calculated differently, and there is no standard between them.

Or am I just doing the match wrong?

Thanks,
Joe.

You know I have been so lost with critical. On my death I was able to reach the 50% point for criticals and I think that was 280. I heard from some people that it was suppose to be based of 500 though that doesn't seem to be right. Critical and block is just weird. :?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Lion359 wrote:

Balance Wizard

Now his Myth Wizard.

Next his Death Wizard.

Or am I just doing the match wrong?

Thanks,
Joe.

As far as I have seem the formula makes slight adjustments as we lvl up. You can reference my pre-avalon/zafaria analysis here: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155721&highlight= and a more recent one by another individual here:http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285079.
The problem seems to be a display issue. Since KI rounds it's values, and different gear have different integer numbers, the actual critical and block displayed is a rough rounding done by KI and explains the numerical diferences. The same issue applies to resist pets, calculate the actual resist on a pets and you will notice a slight deviation from the numbers displayed unless of course you have a perfect stats pet.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Oh geez if thats the case, i would need over 200 hundred critical rating just to get a 50/50 chance of critical.