Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet hatching experts plz reply

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2009
So, I just hatched a new pet. It is a 79 pedigree Stormdancer with a lot of epic talent slots. I want to be sure I train it right, though, and not get one of the two other slots i have. Any tips on training my pet to get him the best abilities possible? Tips are much appreciated.

See ya in the spiral,
Angel DeathHunter(Grandmaster Storm)
William SwiftFriend(Grandmaster Theurgist)
Angel DeathHunter(Master Thaumaturge)

Survivor
Nov 21, 2010
There is no proven way to get it a certain talent, but in my experience I train them in gobbler drop, intelenct, or dance game, then about halfway switch to the other games.

Kelsey Thunderfountain 80 death

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
You are guaranteed to get atleast 2, 3 when mega comes out so there is a 50% chance you will get 1 non epic talent

Survivor
Apr 27, 2011
there is not really a strategy for training. Best thing i can reccomend is hold your mouse over the agility icon or whatever and it tells you what it boosts.

Than train what you want

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
Best tip for training pets...hatch only with other pets with GOOD learned talents that you want. Best if they are Epic so you see all the talents they know.

If you learn 2 good talents with your new pet, keep training...but still train to adult. Once you have taken it as far as it is worth for the talents...then rehatch only with another GOOD pet.

Example:

if I have an alert hound that is adult and only one talent I like, and another I will never use, I rehatch with another pet, any other pet at the same or higher pedigree and 4 talents I like...all 4 good talents...i'll even offer the other player a crowns gift if the pets is really good and they dont want my pet...make it worth their while.

Keep doing this and eventually, you'll get that 90+ pedigree pet with four awesome talents and your friends drooling over it.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
Pet talents are set at the time of hatching. There is nothing you can do to control the talents that manifest - other than choosing parents with the manifested talents you desire. Even then, no way to control exactly what you get. Doesn't matter what game you play, which attributes you focus on, or what snacks you feed (and no, pixie sticks will NOT increase your chances to get spritely ) .

This is why people love to train in the test realm - whatever your pet gets in the test realm will in fact manifest in the live realm. That is because the talents are already set at the time of hatching.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
Well i do alot of pet training and the first thing you should know is what your pet snacks like and love ,for example storm birds like storm and meal snacks Golden pizzas,flaming soup,dagwood sandwich,7 layer taco,meat soup, chilli cheese fries,taco town special,chow,chow,chow,devilish beetle eggs are some examples. and stat wise try to focus on strength,agility,will and power try to keep you intellect between 200 - 225 anything about that will give talents that increase your stats and the pedigree doesn't make a big difference.most people make that mistake.feed your pet what snacks it likes and loves and you will get what you want talent wise.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
numbly1980 wrote:
Well i do alot of pet training and the first thing you should know is what your pet snacks like and love ,for example storm birds like storm and meal snacks Golden pizzas,flaming soup,dagwood sandwich,7 layer taco,meat soup, chilli cheese fries,taco town special,chow,chow,chow,devilish beetle eggs are some examples. and stat wise try to focus on strength,agility,will and power try to keep you intellect between 200 - 225 anything about that will give talents that increase your stats and the pedigree doesn't make a big difference.most people make that mistake.feed your pet what snacks it likes and loves and you will get what you want talent wise.

I thought the same before but sadly this is not true.

All the same school pet snacks give to your pet after doing a mini game is an extra point. It doesn't have any effect at all with the talents that your pet will manifest.

You simply aim to feed your pet a snack with the highest xp possible (mega snacks) and try reaching the needed points to move one level higher until you reach epic.

No mini-game, pet snack, even pedigree will give you better talents for your pet other than hatching with pets that has the talents that you need.

Master one mini game that is easiest for you to get a perfect score of four and stick with it. No need to switch mini games or even locations within a game for that matter to improve a specific stat on your pet. By Ancient you will almost always fill up all the stats anyway on your way to epic. This reduces frustrations in training pets because you know you can get four xp's (or even better when mega pets go online) easily.

Lets say I am aiming for spritely, and did not have it by adult, I usually stop and hatch again. Not unless i have other talents manifesting early at teen, I don't feel the need to waste pet snacks up to ancient.

For advance pet hatchers, they almost always know that they will get most if not all the pet talents they want with a very good gene pool from the parent pets. So they know that something good will manifest even later at epic stage.

Hope this helps.

Archmages
R. Lionhand
F. Stardust
J. Winterbane
Brahm

Explorer
May 30, 2011
well not really the only reason people train pets to ancient or epic is because that has pet has a card that can only be available if your pet is ancient or epic and is it really worth it to train your pets to ancient or epic or even mega. For me the answer to that is not really because it costs twice as much gold to hatch with those pets and the results of the hatch that how i wound up with so many first gen orthrus babies ive hatched with ancient and epic helephant,hydra,stormzilla and satyr and i kept getting the same orthrus pet each time 18 hour time stamp hybrids are 21 hours like my frost hound and nightwalkers.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
numbly1863 on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
well not really the only reason people train pets to ancient or epic is because that has pet has a card that can only be available if your pet is ancient or epic and is it really worth it to train your pets to ancient or epic or even mega. For me the answer to that is not really because it costs twice as much gold to hatch with those pets and the results of the hatch that how i wound up with so many first gen orthrus babies ive hatched with ancient and epic helephant,hydra,stormzilla and satyr and i kept getting the same orthrus pet each time 18 hour time stamp hybrids are 21 hours like my frost hound and nightwalkers.
People train to ancient, epic, and mega to unlock another talent. Not merely to unlock a card given.
Hybrids are luck based, not age based.
People also train their pets past adult to fill up attributes, which allows for the maximum boost on percentage talents (accuracy, damage, proof).
pods

Explorer
May 30, 2011
yeah but the problem with most people is they don't know what a good pet talent is.defy is a good example most people claim they need defy to do better in duels.but ive seen this to be nonsense most players who have pets with defy are most likely to fail in combat about 80% of the time.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
numbly1863 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
yeah but the problem with most people is they don't know what a good pet talent is.defy is a good example most people claim they need defy to do better in duels.but ive seen this to be nonsense most players who have pets with defy are most likely to fail in combat about 80% of the time.
I wonder what talents are great for you?

You obviously don't know what you are talking about or where your facts even came from. Anyway your game your style, but please don't spread half-baked answers in the forums. Spell defy comes hand in hand with Spell proof to boost resistance.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
i had a an fire archmage wizard in my party in mirror lake who had a starfish pdigree 71 with spell proof,defy,unicorn,and spritely and we were fighting the goliath bug bosses the ice ones and this guy was in the first circle and he got defeated on the thrid round and i had to revive him using a regenerate healing spell it happened at 6:15 pm Tuesday oct 16th.

so with that being said i proved you wrong and you owe me an apology you if you try to make me out to be a liar you better have some proof to back up your claim because i just proved you wrong.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
numbly1863 on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
i had a an fire archmage wizard in my party in mirror lake who had a starfish pdigree 71 with spell proof,defy,unicorn,and spritely and we were fighting the goliath bug bosses the ice ones and this guy was in the first circle and he got defeated on the thrid round and i had to revive him using a regenerate healing spell it happened at 6:15 pm Tuesday oct 16th.

so with that being said i proved you wrong and you owe me an apology you if you try to make me out to be a liar you better have some proof to back up your claim because i just proved you wrong.
Its not the talents fault. Its poor strategy. So from a single player with defy whom you revived, we all should consider defy as a nonsense talent. Pretty solid claim you got there.