Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

how to stop hate on ice wizards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
okay Create a new ice wizard spell call it frost guardian
first off ice can not cast this spell on them self they
can only cast it on a teammate once cast on said teammate
when they take damage that damage is then redirected to the ice wizard and the ice wizard takes the hit instead and the damage is then reduced by the ice wizards resistance and by the corresponding element of the shields they have

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
First of all this would make pvp very unfair. 1) ice wizards can cast it on a storm wiz while he prepares for a hit 2) this spell is like combining 2 wizards health points 3) most storm wizards carry healing current and can just revive the ice after they die therefore the ice wizard can cast it again on the storm wizard healing him or her self up.

Wolf ashstrider lv 80 pyro

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
This really doesn't help much, ice has always been loved by teammates for their long surviving abilities. This just might annoy the opponents and cause more trouble for ice then it already is. Sooner or later someone will post a message saying, "Ice is not only immortal, but won't allow us to hit who we want.". You know what i'm saying? However, the spell itself is quite interesting.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Sariana1337 wrote:
when they take damage that damage is then redirected to the ice wizard and the ice wizard takes the hit instead and the damage is then reduced by the ice wizards resistance and by the corresponding element of the shields they have

Its effective in multi pvp. So in that case, they just spam frost guardian on a life or storm while they hit or heal? And the real complaining is about people in 1v1, and it wouldnt stop the hate there seeing how its ineffective there.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Sariana1337 wrote:
How would this help weaken Ice?

Anyway, I bear no ill will towards Ices, and I understand strong resist is important for the Ice playing style, but it has gotten a bit out of hand in PvP, what with the Pets and all. So, while they need a nerf, I don't think this is the right way to go about it.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Defender
Nov 21, 2010
Why not just use shield? At pvp just wand the target to remove this spell like regular spell. If the spell has infinite effect that would be very OP with life wiz combo or life amulet.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
"how to stop hate on ice wizards" - learn how to beat them.
I'm so tired of this one is over powered, and that one is under...blah blah blah

Instead of trying to weaken Ice, how about you figure out how to use your spells and gear to defeat them instead? It CAN be done.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
thejordanator wrote:
Sariana1337 wrote:

Its effective in multi pvp. So in that case, they just spam frost guardian on a life or storm while they hit or heal? And the real complaining is about people in 1v1, and it wouldnt stop the hate there seeing how its ineffective there.

Ahem, it could just not be allowed in PvP. That's what they did with Talos.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
There is no hate for ice wizards at all i don't where you got that idea from nobody hates ice wizards in fact people like ice wizards better then some of the other schools. everybody wants ice wizards in their party more often then say myth or death. the school that gets the most hate is myth not ice.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
you guys are looking at this spell the wrong way it would only absorb one hit similar to how GS works it only heals you one time until you cast another one

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:
you guys are looking at this spell the wrong way it would only absorb one hit similar to how GS works it only heals you one time until you cast another one
Your not an ice wizard, so you would think differently about this spell.

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Sariana1337 wrote:

And then you wait for the pips to cast it again. Just having an Ice with a Life mastery, some Satyrs, Frost Guardains, towers and that would turn the tide of the battle in a 2v2 and up.

Explorer
May 09, 2011
since i'm ice, i think that stopping hate on us would be good, but what about the pip cost? If we were to use it, would it be X? Or 1,3,4,7,etc? Tell us what it would cost. And for those who would say "well what about the amulets?" it wouldn't be for them. And if it were, then would it be 14 pip? Tell us the pip cost. And to thejordanator, I think you're right. And to eggywig, if it weren't used in pvp, then wouldn't it make the next world underpowered? And beyond? What about the level we get it? Level 88 would be the minimum. KI would probably make it lvl 98. Or above. So, tell us the pip cost and the level. I am also almost always first in pvp, so that would make my team very OP, and I would be having to be asked over and over to use this spell.

Quinn Goldenslinger, level 55 ice.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
ice wizards are the most popular and liked schools so for you to say their is hate for ice wizards is not true there is no evidence of it myth on the other hand is the most hated school and there are alot of posts that gives reasons why myth is hated more then the other schools

archmage myth wizard.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
numbly1863 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
ice wizards are the most popular and liked schools so for you to say their is hate for ice wizards is not true there is no evidence of it myth on the other hand is the most hated school and there are alot of posts that gives reasons why myth is hated more then the other schools

archmage myth wizard.
100% Wrong. Sorry.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont know. The taunt spell kinda does exactly what you are wanting this to do. Just use taunt over an over.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2009
That would just unbalance everything :/.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
Rony The Turtle on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
100% Wrong. Sorry.
please i know what i am talking about maybe you should start reading other posts in the message board because alot of people hate myth and the spells. anyways ronster what would you know about myth anyway its not like expert on how poeple feel about the myth school your not qualified to tell me i am wrong about this subject.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
I cannot understand one word you said ...... ever heard of periods Well, it's this:

Use it?