Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Something weird about monsters.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
So, is it just me or is every monster a wizard? They can summon monsters, and cast shields and wards etc, instead of using their own fighting skills. And the thing is, I remember hearing a guard in Wizard City, and one in Marleybone wishing that they had been Wizards instead of guards. So why is every monster a Wizard? This is not really a problem, just I weird thing I've spotted out.

Defender
May 19, 2012
I noticed this as well. I think it would be cool to see some bosses with their own fighting skills instead of using the same magic we use. Maybe some monsters who use karate or some who use ninja chuck skills, etc. :)

Defender
May 24, 2012
Wizards as opposed to what? We should be fighting cowboys or spacemen? Not sure what you had in mind.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
firebarage wrote:
So, is it just me or is every monster a wizard? They can summon monsters, and cast shields and wards etc, instead of using their own fighting skills. And the thing is, I remember hearing a guard in Wizard City, and one in Marleybone wishing that they had been Wizards instead of guards. So why is every monster a Wizard? This is not really a problem, just I weird thing I've spotted out.

Because all of wizard101 would be talking to people. If you are looking for logic as to why, i cannot enlighten you. However kingsisle does need a plotline.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
quilteddawg63 on Aug 26, 2012 wrote:
Wizards as opposed to what? We should be fighting cowboys or spacemen? Not sure what you had in mind.
what he means is everyone you fight uses magic

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Also interesting that many bosses carry pets (they drop them), but i have never seen a boss using a pet. Maybe pets aren't cool for older wizards? With the exception of Ambrose who has the owl.