Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I can predict it...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
I know you may of clicked on this topic to read about hoodoo ways to predict outcomes of matches (I can do that anyway) but no... I am to write about something slightly more negative (Sorry!)

I do not want to seem whiny and ungrateful, but soon, with the addition of critical pet talents coming soon to the live realm, I can already predict that level 50- PvP will be ruined. Yes, there will also be the addition of block, but I still feel that classical PvP'ers without a perfect pet or 1st class gear will feel cheated and left out of the PvP system.

But, however, if KI add a level limit to critical talents there will be still complaints.

-Bangs head on brick wall-

Dead end. I have come to no proper conclusion on this post, I just want to make my point and to warn and/or prepare people for a major change to PvP.

Caitlin WinterHeart, Level 28 Ice Captain.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
IKL626 wrote:
I know you may of clicked on this topic to read about hoodoo ways to predict outcomes of matches (I can do that anyway) but no... I am to write about something slightly more negative (Sorry!)

I do not want to seem whiny and ungrateful, but soon, with the addition of critical pet talents coming soon to the live realm, I can already predict that level 50- PvP will be ruined. Yes, there will also be the addition of block, but I still feel that classical PvP'ers without a perfect pet or 1st class gear will feel cheated and left out of the PvP system.

But, however, if KI add a level limit to critical talents there will be still complaints.

Dead end. I have come to no proper conclusion on this post, I just want to make my point and to warn and/or prepare people for a major change to PvP.

My assumption is that the critical pets would not let you achieve enough critical to "ruin" pvp. However, with dancing blade, you have critical, plus gear can get you to the 100's, plus vengeance to around 50% critical. I dont feel it will have enough impact to ruin it.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
IKL626 wrote:

IKL626,

Your most likely correct, just like the people that buy all the crown stuff, the ones with money will be able to get the perfect 5 slot pet. It's kind of the old postings, if you got crowns you can always get an edge. Those without the money to throw into the game, are always at a disadvantage, I guess.

Joe.

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
Lion359 wrote:
IKL626 wrote:

IKL626,

Your most likely correct, just like the people that buy all the crown stuff, the ones with money will be able to get the perfect 5 slot pet. It's kind of the old postings, if you got crowns you can always get an edge. Those without the money to throw into the game, are always at a disadvantage, I guess.

Joe.

Yes, I do agree people with crowns will, and already do, have advantages in the world of PvP - what I am more worried about is the fact that levels 20-40 can reach pretty decent criticals against players who prefer traditional ways of Player vs Player.

I once dueled a level 35, I think, death wizard on my level 28 thaumaturge, my opponent had full Knights Lore Pack gear and, I presume, a deer knight spell. He hit critical about 3 or 4 times, I didn't once (probably 'cause my critical is zero) and I, eventhough I know it is PvP legal, Felt rather left out and cheated on.

Caitlin WinterHeart

P.S. I am not trying to be silly - I know the world doesn't revolve around me and my experiences.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
IKL626 wrote:

I actually see great potential here, since block is more heavily weighed than criticals it offers lower lvls a realistic method of blocking criticals(conviction only goes so far) which my lvl 35 life would love. I see your point with pets but that has been the current game for a long time now. Inferior gear+inferior pets= hard time in higher rank PvP