Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Are the hours of PvP worth the rank?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 15, 2009
I know many people who i have watched play for hours at PvP. Honestly i dont think the hours upon hours are worth it. All it is really is a title. The only advantage it gives you is either pets, mooe gear for PvP or housing items. I just don't see the point of going on for hours unless your bored to death. There are other things like making a house, farming for gold pieces you might need, and allot more. You could bring up a new wizard or help new wizards out. The game wasnt made for just PvP. when i join the game a little bit after it started, i didnt even know PvP was a thing until level 48 then I noticed it from a friend telling me about ranking up was important till later finding out that it almost means nothing except to show off. I know allot of people will disagree with me but i see no point in PvP at all.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
It's all about having fun, earning respect, and gaining rank to face others with equal skills, providing a challenge. Some people just don't get the mindset.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
kevke67 wrote:
I know many people who i have watched play for hours at PvP. Honestly i dont think the hours upon hours are worth it. All it is really is a title. The only advantage it gives you is either pets, mooe gear for PvP or housing items. I just don't see the point of going on for hours unless your bored to death. There are other things like making a house, farming for gold pieces you might need, and allot more. You could bring up a new wizard or help new wizards out. The game wasnt made for just PvP. when i join the game a little bit after it started, i didnt even know PvP was a thing until level 48 then I noticed it from a friend telling me about ranking up was important till later finding out that it almost means nothing except to show off. I know allot of people will disagree with me but i see no point in PvP at all.

Most PvPers after a certain point don't care about the rank. I am warlord but each new update I downrank myself to Captain and fight my way back up just to test out new strategies and figure out game dynamics. Rank really only matters to PvPers who are just starting in my experience. The point of PvP for me is the test of skill and mental agility. In the arena I am facing an opponent who is doing his very best to get my health down to zero, an intelligent human who is smart enough to think of his own strategies and adaptable enough to react to mine. It is a much more enjoyable experience than PvE in my opinion and I think many PvPers can say the same.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Quoted from Kevkev67:
“I know many people who i have watched play for hours at PvP.
Honestly i don’t think the hours upon hours are worth it. All it is really is a title. The only advantage it gives you is either pets, more gear for PvP or housing items.
I just don't see the point of going on for hours unless your bored to death. There are other things like making a house, farming for gold pieces you might need, and allot more. You could bring up a new wizard or help new wizards out.
The game wasn’t made for just PvP. when i join the game a little bit after it started, i didn’t even know PvP was a thing until level 48 then I noticed it from a friend telling me about ranking up was important, till later finding out that it almost means nothing except to show off.
I know allot of people will disagree with me but i see no point in PvP at all.”

Kev,

Wow Kev, I’m almost at a loss for words, of all the people in the game, I’m not sure I expected a post like this from you. You are the one that got me into low level PvP, and into high level PvP, plus group PVP. I will agree, the titles mean nothing, because you don’t know how they got the title. I have never cared to wear my titles, maybe cause I don’t like to brag on what I have accomplished. To me PvP has always been two things, can I out-think the other player, and being with friends (win or lose).

On the other hand, it does generate a lot of great memories, and one of them I will never forget. You where in a 2v2 match with your fire, and your partner got taken out. Two on one, and you didn’t have a chance, I thought. A perfectly played strategy by you, won the match, I’ll never ever forget it. They expected they had the win, I think they were even a little shocked when you finally won, solo. It was more than epic, it was just what keeps players in PvP, a chance to do what you have done. (You are epic, dude).

Joe.

Survivor
May 15, 2009
do some people just like to get it for respect? or to show off? i know a couple people...i mean a lot of people that do it to show off but it makes no sense i mean some people cant get high ranks like me because they dont know how to make a good stadegy. its not worth it to show off to make people feel bad. in fact i know someone who has a balance at commander i think, and he says it amazing everytime i see him and says its luck, i dont believe its luck i just think that.... its sad how he can get it but not me. my highest rank is a knight. it is on my fire. he only has that rank because around when the level cap was 50 i was 48 and a nice person named Justin said, "heys lets 3v3 with your ice buddy." i said fine because i didnt and still do not care about ranks. we used the earthquake stun stun earthquake method before when earthquake took off stuns. i just think i find it funny now how people just spend hours and hours of beating other people and some sending out comments when they lose like, "treasure noob." i have a best friend that has a low level fire that went 11 and 0 and almost half them said a comment like that just makes people sad. i mean there is no rule that says no treasure cards, i mean i am positive there isn't. my friend laughs at those people because they would only say it when they lose.
another thing, i dont believe in luck of winning, but i believe in chance and a good deck setup. someone explain why people cant accept that they lost? i mean my fire is around 64-74 and my rank is a knight. that also makes no sense to me but still isconfusing.
back to my first message, i have seen many people with almost 1000 fights or more. 1000 fights x at least 10 minutes a battle is like 10000 minutes of pvp. plus going through the game take like another 1000 minutes going through al the worlds getting to the top. 11000 minutes...think about that..... so much time..

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
i may get some people angry at me but i dont really see how its that fun as well. ive tried pvp a few times and i didnt like how i had to wait 10 to 25 min to get a match. not only that but its very luck based. if you go first you have a big advantage. a single critical can turn the tide of any battle (1 vs 3 and the one guy won because of critical and my teamates didnt have any resist to his school). then theres the chances you will get the card you need and the power pips chance, ect. aslo like lion said the title warlord doesnt really mean much. now im pretty sure its just me but i dont like the slow paced action(maybe ive been playing halo and call of duty pvp to much lol). now yes you can hang out with your friends in pvp but considering i focus on pve and meet all my firends there i dont really have any friends that pvp much(it wasnt really fun when me and my friends lost to one guy either). thats all the reasons i have for not liking pvp much.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
What it basically boils down to is the person's preference. I personally love pvp, many others do too. Some people don't like PvP and thats just how life is. I have friends who profess to me that they love crafting. For me crafting is a means to an end and not a very enjoyable experience at all. To each his own.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
Its just a fun thing to do, while others take it seriously as a main thing.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
how do you get in the ranked player vs player matches? i am level 30! i can not even enter one!