Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance wizards only (our gear)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
Hello sorcerors,

I am looking for your opinions on the best looking gear sets you use and where to find them or get them. If you stich gear onto another set because it looks cool, what gear do you use for both looks and stats? So, list your top gear here, where you get it, and why you like it. The gear can be universal or balance only gear...just share if balance wizards can use it.

EXAMPLE
Hat: Wyrd-Walker Coif (craft item, recipe in Avalon)
Coat: Surcoat of the Wyrd (craft item, recipe in Avalon)
Boots: *trying to complete set of Wyrd crafted Avalon gear (Bazaar)
Wand: Sidhe Staff (crowns item)
Athame: *whatever gives best mix of health and attack boosts (Bazaar)
Ring: *whatever gives best power PIP chance (Bazaar)
Amulet: Death Mastery Amulet (crowns item)

Why I like this gear: It gives me high critical rating, some balance attack boost, combined with best chance to hit from the wand. This makes beating opponents take less time. Also, I switch beween mastery amulets but I wear death now because I learned the Deer Knight spell (group death spell). and I like to use it since so few people have it now. I am a level 76 now and to wear all this gear you need to be at least level 74 and be a legendary artisan to craft the Wyrd gear.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I'm a level 31 Balance Wizard. I'm not sure where I got most of my gear, (probably battles) so I'm sorry about that!

Gear-
Hat- Scholarly Hat~ Yes, it doesn't really do anything that benefits me, but it's nice to have. (Goes with the rest of my gear) <Universal>
Coat- Watchman's Uniform~ I don't necessarily like the way this coat looks, but it gives me +194 Health, so it's a love/hate relationship with this coat. :) <Universal, I think>
Shoes- Boots of the Citadel~ I know for sure that I got these in Krokotopia. <Not sure if it's Universal or not>
Athame- Parched Kris~ It's okay. I might invest in a better athame. <Universal>
Amulet- Bogeyman's Necklace~ I don't really have any better amulet, so I just use this. <Universal>
Ring- Scratcher's Ring of Chivalry~ I don't know where I got this ring, but it gives high health!
Deck- Deck of the Lotus~ I got this at the Bazaar. I can have a total of 50 spells in this deck, and it's amazing for a lvl 30+ wizard. <Universal? idk>
Wand- Scepter of the Sands~ I don't have the best wand. But, it gives me one pip, so it's alright! <Universal>

Defender
May 19, 2012
Sentinel set from the Pagoda bundle! Definitely an awesome Balance wizard's set, and very nice looking set to boot (no stitching needed here). The stats are perfect (unless you're looking for high resists, but you still get a high amount of block) and you get the balance blade from one piece and the balance blade for all with another piece.

I crafted the Wintertusk gear and the level 60 Sentinel gear is better, imo. I actually purchased a second bundle because I didn't know the armor was Balance until after I gave the bundle to my Life wizard on my second account. My Life wizard is same level as my Balance wizard, lvl 65, and she is still wearing the level 50 Sentinel set.

Both my Life and Balance wizards defeated the boss in the Bones of the Earth quest wearing this set, only purchasing a ring and athame with high resist to storm for my Life wizard to add to the set. Didn't have the gold to purchase the ring and athame on my Balance wizard as I had just spent everything leveling crafting up so she could make Hydra treasure cards for the Wintertusk gear. Turns out she didn't need them anyways.

Explorer
Jan 16, 2012
Once I hit level 74, I think the avalon blades sold in bazaar are really nice looking and they help for critical and blocking. Also, the bows are really good too, but i'd only recommend the fire one for looks, and the storm one for stats (highest critical) With that said, the blades are still better, so i'm enjoying the +24 critical boost and the universal block boost.

I think though the best boots with critical boost i've seen are the ones on the balance level 70 crowns gear...with a +40 to balance critical. Anyone else seen better? I think it'd be cool to see a balance gear set go over 300 for critical. At present, the highest I can put together is 259.

I just stitched my gear onto some chain mail and chain mail boots and a two color rogue hood. I colored it all before stiching so it costed less to paint it...looks pretty sweet with Black and Orange colors. Now I look more like an archangel with my sword and orange butterfly wings than I look like a wizard...I love the stitching option...thanks KingsIsle!

Keep sending your ideas..I love reading what fellow balance wizards use. Plus, we Need a post like this for each other to lookout for the best stuff for our school.