Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No tc in pvp

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Talon DragonBreake... on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
I understand that many simply don’t like TC's to be used because it appears to be unfair; however when I first started PvP’ing I was hit with so many combos that I had to strategize and come up with solutions (some with and without TC’s). I didn’t simply complain but had to think of ways to overcome what some people see as dependencies (It makes the game interesting). In fact if a PvP player relies solely on TC’s then it is going to become a very costly endeavor.

So if you examine a few low level (05 to 29) PvP matches you may see a fire dragon, bone dragon, or even a snow angel. A typical level 15 player will find it very difficult to farm for TC’s; they can buy them in the bazaar (becomes very costly), and yes you can ask friends or even beg for them. Realistically if you think about how many matches are required to obtain Commander or even better how many tickets it takes to get Commander gear; any commander will tell you that they are not all won by TC’s. The other question is now what do you do for the crown gear or the crafted gear Are you going to eliminate those as well Many offer TC's and I for one would be extremely upset if I paid valuable crowns on gear only to be told I can’t use it
Well said.

Not sure what more needs to be said, if anything.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Talon DragonBreake... on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
I understand that many simply don’t like TC's to be used because it appears to be unfair; however when I first started PvP’ing I was hit with so many combos that I had to strategize and come up with solutions (some with and without TC’s). I didn’t simply complain but had to think of ways to overcome what some people see as dependencies (It makes the game interesting). In fact if a PvP player relies solely on TC’s then it is going to become a very costly endeavor.

So if you examine a few low level (05 to 29) PvP matches you may see a fire dragon, bone dragon, or even a snow angel. A typical level 15 player will find it very difficult to farm for TC’s; they can buy them in the bazaar (becomes very costly), and yes you can ask friends or even beg for them. Realistically if you think about how many matches are required to obtain Commander or even better how many tickets it takes to get Commander gear; any commander will tell you that they are not all won by TC’s. The other question is now what do you do for the crown gear or the crafted gear Are you going to eliminate those as well Many offer TC's and I for one would be extremely upset if I paid valuable crowns on gear only to be told I can’t use it
for the most part, i agree with you and darth~ very well-said.

treasure card use is a fine art, one that i'm still working on. but, since my primary wizard is balance (a school that relies heavily on off-school tc to start with), i find i know when to use them vs. when to leave them alone.

angela, my level 17 pyro, once took someone out with a fire beetle tc~ it was buffed by tc fuel, trained and amulet trap, fireblade, and pet dragonblade... that poor wizard went down for the count. and then, there was the time that she beat a captain and got a ton of points for it... somehow, she lived long enough to cast a tc efreet and, if a low-level wizard can do that, more power to her (or him). but it does get expensive, hence why my balance wizard (who's level 90) puts stuff in the shared bank for her to sell.

angela does not have crafted or crowns gear (still working on arena tickets, but might get my balance wizard to craft something for her when she hits level 20); i got her to corporal status before losing her rank to a level 10 with gear that gave her mana burn and critical... your average level 10 player does not have access to those, and the fact that overpowered crowns items give those who spend money considerable leverage over those who don't really grinds my gears.

i think the heart of the matter here is that the op (like me) is frustrated with the fact that pvp is about money power, not strategy. it's the worst cash-sink in the game, even worse than hoard packs, because the average player can't possibly compete with people who pvpay up.

-von
crownless corporal, no mastery amulets here.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
i agree they should banned treasure card but also should banned warlord from ranking pvp match when got there warlord badge when (to high rank) over 2000+more so, can't enter ranking pvp any higher because others want warlord badge to you know!

i know lot of ice wizard are after getting immunity resist to all school! lot of wizard have angry issus because storm and fire alway get what they want?

what would happen (if kingsisle made ice wizard crafting gear with more resist of ice,myth,life,death,balance but have high resist of fire and storm) because can't get immunity

Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Removing TCs from PvP isn't going to solve any problems for you. Strategy is needed and there is no better place in the game to learn to use it. My point being, that if you have not taken a wizard all the way through game (PvE), then learn it now. You will need that strategy later in the game. Taking TCs out of PvP is not the answer. "If you fall down....Get up and try again"

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
I like the idea of level capping tc gargantuan and no pvp for tc insane bolt, but can you do level capping for pvp. For example, level cap tc stormzilla for pvp until level 42. I occasionally use tc levy while questing on hard bosses while I'm only level 40, but I hate when low levels just use high tc to win. It makes the only chance of winning low level pvp is using high tc. I've started doing rank pvp with my level 18 fire right after I got heck hound, and every match I'm up against is a low level ice using angel or death using dragon for easy one hit kills. I know people will say heck hound has no strategy, but at least I waited until I gained the spell to use it. What also irritates me is when level 20s and 30s using infallible. All sun, moon, and star tc spells should at least be level capped at 50 for pvp. I loved the original game when the max level was 50. With every new second age tc(everything past Dragonspyre) that's available for low levels, pvp is getting more worse.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Treasure cards in PvP in my opinion should be level capped. In PvP it is about fighting against players who are around your level.

I was just recently in a PvP with my level 16 myth wizard (I would do well if it wasn't for TC spammers) against a level 15 fire wizard, when i've been shielding up (it was obvious he was going to use a Treasure Card far over his level) he used a couple of fire elves and then he used firezilla.

In my eyes this isn't fair, you might as well allow high level players with high cards fight low level players with low cards. They could at least add a level cap to the highest level wizard in PvP (eg. Warlord level 15 can use rank 6 spells against a Private level 42) but if the two wizards are at the maximum of level 15 the highest rank spell they can use is rank 3.

"Stop being lazy and just work on your technique"
It doesn't take a genus to be able to plan something out like that, I have plenty of opportunities to do that but I do that because it is not fair to the other players. It just gets ridiculous when you're facing a level 15 and they spam high level TC, it's either fight to try and defeat them or be at mercy and shield and even that rarely works.

If you really want everyone to be satisfied, at least have ways to get around like having PvP with Treasure Cards and PvP without treasure cards.