Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance gear - rings

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
Ok, so my balance wizard is now level 64 and I'm trying to decide on which ring she should wear. There are four possibilities (one of which is already equipped to her), but I am uncertain as to which would give the most potential to her. So, for all you balance wizards out there, if you could let me know which you would use, or if you have a recommendation for another that may be even better, please post your comments below. Thank you! :)

Belloq's Band of Opposition
Health +312
Mana +150
Pip chance +8%
Block rating +45
Balance Damage +2%
Level 60 required
Cost on bazaar 122040 gold

Golden Ring of Battle
Health +235
Mana +140
Pip chance +14%
Block rating +7
Balance Damage +7%
Level 56 required (currently equipped)
Cost on bazaar 9704 gold

Esop's Dancing Ring
Health +200
Mana +150
Pip chance +11%
Balance Damage +5%
Fire Block rating +30
Ice Block rating +30
Storm Block rating +30
Level 62 required
Cost on bazaar 8512

Unathi's Nighttime Circle
Health +200
Mana +150
Pip chance +11%
Balance Damage +5%
Death Block rating +30
Life Block rating +30
Myth Block rating +30
Level 62 required
Cost on bazaar 8512

(Bazaar cost is not so much of an issue, and doesn't necessarily mean the ring is better, but it does pose the question of why is the cost so high? Is it just because of it's rarity to drop, or is it because it's the best ring available for the level?)

My thoughts are that Esop's Dancing Ring and Unathi's Nighttime Circle would probably be best, but you would need to switch between them depending on what monsters you're fighting, and if you come against groups of monsters from, say, ice and life school, then you're only going to get the bonus block for the life school or for the ice school, but not for both. If there was a ring with high universal block on it, that would be even better.

My current ring offers universal block, but at a much lower rate of block than the other three rings. Block, however, is not the only stat to look at in determining which ring to use. At the moment, health is not a major issue with my balance wizard as she has 3790 health (Level 60 Sentinel's gear plus ring, plus athame, plus pendant), so the additional health that comes from Belloq's isn't that big a deal. You get less pip chance and less balance damage from the ring, but the universal block rating is stupendous, and I think this is probably what makes the ring so desirable. Do I really want the extra block at the cost of pip and damage though?

By the way, this Sentinel's gear is perfect for a Balance wizard, and although I completed crafting my Wintertusk gear, I still get much better stats from the Sentinel's gear. If you have the funds to invest in the Pagoda bundle, go for it. Even my Life wizard (on my second account) is wearing the (level 50) Sentinel's set, though I'd like to find a better set of gear for her. Still leveling her crafting up, so her Wintertusk gear is not crafted yet.

Hoping they will make more bundles like the Sentinel's set, that are geared towards a specific school of magic, instead of a piece here for storm and a piece there for life, etc., like they did with the Sultan's set. Though, the Sultan's set of gear still has some pretty awesome stats on it too. My Storm has been wearing the Sultan's set for some time now, as I just haven't found anything better as of yet.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
fiziali wrote:
Ok, so my balance wizard is now level 64 and I'm trying to decide on which ring she should wear. There are four possibilities (one of which is already equipped to her), but I am uncertain as to which would give the most potential to her. So, for all you balance wizards out there, if you could let me know which you would use, or if you have a recommendation for another that may be even better, please post your comments below. Thank you! :)

Belloq's Band of Opposition
Health +312
Mana +150
Pip chance +8%
Block rating +45
Balance Damage +2%
Level 60 required
Cost on bazaar 122040 gold

Golden Ring of Battle
Health +235
Mana +140
Pip chance +14%
Block rating +7
Balance Damage +7%
Level 56 required (currently equipped)
Cost on bazaar 9704 gold

Esop's Dancing Ring
Health +200
Mana +150
Pip chance +11%
Balance Damage +5%
Fire Block rating +30
Ice Block rating +30
Storm Block rating +30
Level 62 required
Cost on bazaar 8512

Unathi's Nighttime Circle
Health +200
Mana +150
Pip chance +11%
Balance Damage +5%
Death Block rating +30
Life Block rating +30
Myth Block rating +30
Level 62 required
Cost on bazaar 8512

(Bazaar cost is not so much of an issue, and doesn't necessarily mean the ring is better, but it does pose the question of why is the cost so high? Is it just because of it's rarity to drop, or is it because it's the best ring available for the level?)

My thoughts are that Esop's Dancing Ring and Unathi's Nighttime Circle would probably be best, but you would need to switch between them depending on what monsters you're fighting, and if you come against groups of monsters from, say, ice and life school, then you're only going to get the bonus block for the life school or for the ice school, but not for both. If there was a ring with high universal block on it, that would be even better.

My current ring offers universal block, but at a much lower rate of block than the other three rings. Block, however, is not the only stat to look at in determining which ring to use. At the moment, health is not a major issue with my balance wizard as she has 3790 health (Level 60 Sentinel's gear plus ring, plus athame, plus pendant), so the additional health that comes from Belloq's isn't that big a deal. You get less pip chance and less balance damage from the ring, but the universal block rating is stupendous, and I think this is probably what makes the ring so desirable. Do I really want the extra block at the cost of pip and damage though?

By the way, this Sentinel's gear is perfect for a Balance wizard, and although I completed crafting my Wintertusk gear, I still get much better stats from the Sentinel's gear. If you have the funds to invest in the Pagoda bundle, go for it. Even my Life wizard (on my second account) is wearing the (level 50) Sentinel's set, though I'd like to find a better set of gear for her. Still leveling her crafting up, so her Wintertusk gear is not crafted yet.

Hoping they will make more bundles like the Sentinel's set, that are geared towards a specific school of magic, instead of a piece here for storm and a piece there for life, etc., like they did with the Sultan's set. Though, the Sultan's set of gear still has some pretty awesome stats on it too. My Storm has been wearing the Sultan's set for some time now, as I just haven't found anything better as of yet.

So, a ring?well, i think the golden ring of battle would be great! But as you go on to the lvl 66, there is a quest for you to defeat someone (although you might get it earlier) which drops kokos smoky circle! if yo dont get it try at the bazaar or if you cant find it there try defeating that boss again.

P.S I got it on my first time

Defender
May 19, 2012
aditha12, thank you for that information. Nice ring (still lose 1% pip and 5% damage, but it's definitely better than Belloq's). :)

Survivor
May 09, 2011
fiziali wrote:
aditha12, thank you for that information. Nice ring (still lose 1% pip and 5% damage, but it's definitely better than Belloq's). :)

Hi! Do you craft? If I may suggest, go for

Wintertusk Ring of Valor
+199 health
+156 mana
+4 energy
+15% power pip
+12% critical block rating
+3% offense
+9% incoming health spell
+8% outgoing health spell

or if you don't craft, try harvesting in the Tower of the Helephant in Wysteria, you may acquire:

Aurate Band
+280 health
+125 mana
+12% power pip
+15% critical block rating
+5% offense
+15% incoming health spell.

I would invest time on crafting, you find along the way as you increase your level, some craftable gears are way better than those you can buy in bazaar. Good luck.

Valkoor Earthhammer
Archmage Sorcerer