Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard 101's Most Powerful School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 15, 2010
Yes it says fire is the most powerful in the book thing,but if you think about it fire isnt the best neither storm ice balance death life myth. i have seen equal levels fight each other sometimes ice v fire or death v myth
sometimes the fire wins sometimes it looses sometimes ice wins sometimes it looses.I have to agree that no school is better its the ability to adapt and to stratigicly play as your school. PLEASE listen to this and give this thought.

If there was a best school
Why isnt everyone
That School?

Defender
May 29, 2009
My favorite is balance, then death, then ice, then fire, then storm, then life, then myth

Lvl 63 death Anthony Ashcatcher

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
Exactly!
Each school has the potential to be extremely powerful. It's how you adapt, what gear you select, and how you play that makes or breaks a wizard. :)
I agree, it's not "the most powerful school" it's how well the person plays the game.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Storm is most powerful in unaided damage. Death is probably most powerful in aided damage. For death to do same damage as storm though, they need 3 or 4 more rounds to trap and buff.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2012
pirate8375 on Aug 25, 2012 wrote:
No school is more powerful. It is how you work within the school limits and how you build your wizard. Each school has its own advantages and disadvantages. It is how you adapt to the challanges presented to you.

Sabrina Raventhief (6 Sabrina's of Doomy Doom)
that is so true

Survivor
Jun 24, 2011
Storm is the most powerful Not being mean just saying. now yea it has low deffence and low health but its attacks are Amazing I have a fire wizard and Fire is the second strongest and yes balance is of course the third strongest. But storm has more damage on cloths and has a big critical chance. One time i was fighting this girl she was a storm wizard and she was a level (90) And man did she own us me and my friend lost P.S. It was a ranked pvp match. Her critical chance was 358 man! Her power was 102 Think about that

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
To me is will be Balance it makes up all school and like what the do say it is a hard school to master.

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
shadownighthawk27 wrote:
Here's the thing if you don't know this storm is the strongest school if you add colossal to storm lord it's 965 plus storm damage. It can hit over 1800 with no blades. Storm may be the strongest school but not the best school.
Look at the bad side. Low accuracy (that storm lord is likely to fizzle) and low health. I know, I got a diviner to level 34 (my greatest wizard101 accomplishment yet!

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
I think the death school! its like pretty cool and ya know....Death-ish lol lol Its cool when you unlock sunken city! Just Saying........

Jessica Death
Death kid
Level13

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
I think the death school! its like pretty cool and ya know....Death-ish lol lol Its cool when you unlock sunken city! Just Saying........

Jessica Death
Death kid
Level13

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Dr Von on Aug 25, 2012 wrote:
Yes, Balance is the best school.. and I'm the queen of Dragonspyre (honest!).

My first wizard was a sorcerer, and I had trouble playing her until she was level 60. It takes a specific personality to play Balance well, and I don't have it... but at least I don't lie about it, heh.

My favourite schools, in order:

1. Death
2. Storm
3. Life
4. Balance
5. Ice
6. Fire
7. Myth

Wizards' levels (highest to lowest):

Balance (80)
Death (70)
Storm (52)
Life (34)
Myth (21)
Ice (18)
Fire (15)

I haven't bonded with my Fire or Myth wizards yet, either~ wondering if that will change as they level up, like it did with my Balance wizard.
You know, I think I'll follow your example.

I think Ice is the best (took the test and became Ice)
I use all my wizards for PvP so..

Favorite schools:

1. Ice
2. Death
3. Balance
4. Myth
5. Storm
6. Fire
7. Life

Now, my wizards, again highest to lowest

Ice 88 (1st Age Warlord)
Death 81 (1st Age Commander and 2nd Age Knight)
Storm 71 (1st Age Veteran)
Myth 55 (1st Age Knight)
Fire 10 (1st Age Commander)
Ice 6? (Just created this character for mid level PvP)

REMEMBER that these are my preferences

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
My favorite school is death, but the most powerful school is storm because it does the most damage. But I like death because it does both damage and healing in one spell.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
None! They all have advantages and disadvantages.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Though i would usually say, as a pessimist/realist, that there isn't a best at anything, but only those with more skill- i can only give reasons right now. Each school has a specialty, and they are all "the best" at what they do.

Storm- Most damage dealt with a single hit.

Fire- Best over time effects and all-hit spells.

Life- Sorta obvious .

Death- Best at trading off damage for health.

Myth- Best at defending and removing wards/charms from enemies.

Balance- Best at equalizing the intake and outtake of damage given.

Ice- Best at tanking, or having the most health.

So yeah, no school is like another. None of them are really best, but they are good at what they do.
Stay awesome guys.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Eric Crowspear on Aug 24, 2012 wrote:
The most powerful school BASED ON BASE DAMAGE is Storm.

My favorite school? Hmm... I love all of them so I'll go in a list

1 Balance. I love how they master all schools, blade all schools, and can heal

2 Storm. They power is phenomenal. It is my main school, and he is Archmage

3 Ice. How can you not love the 5k health, insane resist, and tower shield?

4 Fire. The over time spells are nearly unstoppable.

5 Death. I love the drain spells, and they're a trap happy school

6 Life. With low base damage, and only 2 good attacks, I rank them this low.

7 Myth. The worst school IMHO. 2 AoEs, which aren't good at all. Only good at PvP. (before I am pounded with hate by Myth, just look at your spells)

-Gtafreak101

P.S. This will be my final post, due to my membership ending, I will be back.
You are completey wrong about Myth in my opinion. Its far from being the worst( there is not bad, worst, school). Its in my opinon one of the best for soloing bosses if you know how to use it. Being a promethean, i have celestial calendar and that gives very good damage so the attacks are not bad at all. I could go on forever but i wont bore you, good day.

-Nicholas Mythblade, Promethean Myth.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
It depends on your definition of powerful. If you are just fully basing it on attacks and damage, then of course storm would win by a land slide. If you are looking at other aspects like resist, buffs, ability to survive hard fights then it falls really short. I believe that the best schools are death, ice, myth, and life. These are all the schools that have a reputation for low damage and hits, but they have the best chance of surviving difficult battles. That ability compensates for their low attack. However, I do think that any school could become powerful if its in the hands of a good player

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
As others said, storm has the most 'powerful' damage spells.

There are other ways for comparing schools which will have different answers for every player:

- Best for rapid questing PvE. Whichever school can solo dungeons, quests, and completing worlds the fastest. Definitely a matter of opinion, play style, skills, and strategy.

- Best for surviving battles in PvE. Maybe not the overall fastest, but doesn't get defeated.

- Best for winning PvP. I don't Pvp so I can't comment, but there is lots of discussion about it on the forums.

- Most fun. Again, personal preference.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
As others said, storm has the most 'powerful' damage spells.

There are other ways for comparing schools which will have different answers for every player:

- Best for rapid questing PvE. Whichever school can solo dungeons, quests, and completing worlds the fastest. Definitely a matter of opinion, play style, skills, and strategy.

- Best for surviving battles in PvE. Maybe not the overall fastest, but doesn't get defeated.

- Best for winning PvP. I don't Pvp so I can't comment, but there is lots of discussion about it on the forums.

- Most fun. Again, personal preference.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Storm. Not only can they hit high but they have a higher chance to critical than any other school! Also for those of you that think life is weak. Life isn't, unless you guys are talking about the base damage on a spell from life. I'm a life and I use Forest Lord (aka Fluffy) all the time with no critical nor boosts and hit over 4000 damage. I'm a level 62!

Survivor
Oct 26, 2010
pirate8375 on Aug 25, 2012 wrote:
No school is more powerful. It is how you work within the school limits and how you build your wizard. Each school has its own advantages and disadvantages. It is how you adapt to the challanges presented to you.

Sabrina Raventhief (6 Sabrina's of Doomy Doom)
I could never agree more, its about the cards you use that you have been givin at the right time and place
Sincerly, Matthew Darkflame

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Considering that most schools have differing factors. Ex. Storm has lots of damage but low accuracy, Life can heal but the attacks aren't that strong, Fire has moderate attacks and moderate accuracy. So really there is no one best school because they all have something good and something bad.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2013
Dr Von on Aug 25, 2012 wrote:
Yes, Balance is the best school.. and I'm the queen of Dragonspyre (honest!).

My first wizard was a sorcerer, and I had trouble playing her until she was level 60. It takes a specific personality to play Balance well, and I don't have it... but at least I don't lie about it, heh.

My favourite schools, in order:

1. Death
2. Storm
3. Life
4. Balance
5. Ice
6. Fire
7. Myth

Wizards' levels (highest to lowest):

Balance (80)
Death (70)
Storm (52)
Life (34)
Myth (21)
Ice (18)
Fire (15)

I haven't bonded with my Fire or Myth wizards yet, either~ wondering if that will change as they level up, like it did with my Balance wizard.
i'm in death and i think death is the best school!!!!!!

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Balance is the most powerful. It has great spells when you are a more advanced wizard like the hydra.
Here is the most powerful schools in order.

Balance
Death
Storm
Ice
Life
Fire
Myth

[PS] I think Myth is very boring and has the meanest teacher!]PPS[I happen to be balance!]

Survivor
May 20, 2012
I agree with pirate8375 it doesn't count of what school your in it's the gear that matters