Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Professor Greyrose, Please Clarify

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose, I have in the recent months found it necessary to make multiple reports against players using foul/vulgar language in the game.

My question is very similar to that asked in July of 2011. You were asked a question in regards to reporting limits. I would like to ask you to clarify this a little better.

In other words, if I were to make 6, 8, or even more reports against let's say 1 player for repeatedly using foul/vulgar language or bullying another player, Will I risk sanctions against my own account as long as those reports are legitmate reports? I do keep up with any changes in the ToU/Chat rules and if I am not sure about something, I don't report.

I would just like to have this information clarified.

This is the reply you gave in 2011 and the link to it.

Professor Greyrose
Administrator

We commend you for your attention to the common chat and encourage you to submit valid reports as often as deemed necessary.

Please take a moment to refresh yourself on what is and what is not considered a reportable offense here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

Those found submitting an overabundance of false reports can have their report privilages revoked or in extreme cases, their accounts further sanctioned up to & including a ban.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/37985.ftl#211795

Administrator
Really it's the same answer, young Wizard.

Those found submitting an overabundance of ****false**** reports can have their report privilages revoked or in extreme cases, their accounts further sanctioned up to & including a ban.

We're not going to punish anyone for submitting true reports. Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. So while it does help to report the same person a few times, do know that we look at their session chat history and will see other chat that may have not been reported.

Again, thank you for your diligence in keeping the Spiral safe.

community@wizard101.com
Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Really it's the same answer, young Wizard.

Those found submitting an overabundance of ****false**** reports can have their report privilages revoked or in extreme cases, their accounts further sanctioned up to & including a ban.

We're not going to punish anyone for submitting true reports. Everything that a player enters into the chat window is logged. So while it does help to report the same person a few times, do know that we look at their session chat history and will see other chat that may have not been reported.

Again, thank you for your diligence in keeping the Spiral safe.

Thanks for answering Professor Greyrose. I try to report once and ignore. I figure your staff will catch all they need.

Thanks also to you all, I have noticed the Spiral being a more orderly place now. I figure your quills are dull from all sanctions I hear are being doled out. They are the talk of Spiral.

Megan Frostriver WCP

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Professor Greyrose, thank you for making this much clearer. When the commons or dye shop has 30-40 wizards milling around and leaving and arriving, it is very hard to keep track of who has been reported or not. Some were worried that reporting the same violator too many times might result in a sanction on the reporter. Thanks for taking the time to let us know.
Michael Nightgem Necromancer

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Thank you very much Professor Greyrose. I appreciate that some things don't change and that we are allowed to make the necessary reports against those that refuse to follow the rules of the game.

Fallon WinterLeaf

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Thank you for clarifying, Professor~ I always report people when I see rule-breaking, and was worried that it might result in sanctions against my own account. I, and my fellow WCPs, appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Cheerio,
El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong/Val Deathwhisper
WCP, Archmage of Awesomeness & transcended necromancer ;)