Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aether

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 19, 2012
I know aether drops from the following gardening plants, but which seems to drop the most frequently/highest amount? I need a bunch to craft my storm wizards wintertusk gear and farming for it is not going so great.

Evil Magma Peas
Fickle Pickle
King Parsley
Maelstrom Snap Dragon

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Maelstrom snap dragon and king parsley. I would go with king parsley, as it reseeds and is less troubling than maelstroms. Evil Magma Peas and King Parsley are my current source. You can also buy them occassionally from sniping the bazaar. Good luck!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
fiziali wrote:
I know aether drops from the following gardening plants, but which seems to drop the most frequently/highest amount? I need a bunch to craft my storm wizards wintertusk gear and farming for it is not going so great.

Evil Magma Peas
Fickle Pickle
King Parsley
Maelstrom Snap Dragon

Hey, Fiz~ if you're over level 48 and have completed your Adept Crafter achievement, you can also buy a transmutation spell from Avery Templeton in the Celestia Base Camp (15 Kelp=one Aether). Takes forever to get, but it's much easier than sniping in the Bazaar.

Read more about it here: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Transmute_Aether

Other ways to get aether:

- the little guys in Crab Alley (that look like the minions from Despicable Me) drop it.

-Hoard packs.

-pick up any kelp you find. If you're lucky, you'll find some aether among the weeds.

Good luck!
-veebz

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
The Transmute is wonderful. I have a kelp run I do. I get Aether while gathering for Transmute.

Megan Frostriver WCP

Defender
May 19, 2012
I already tried farming for it. Didn't get a single drop of aether off the monsters that are supposed to drop it, and only got 4 aether out of a half days farming for it from kelp. The drop rate is so ridiculously low that farming for it that way is a waste of time and effort. I managed to harvest over 1000 stone block and 14 sandstone in the same amount of time it took me to get that 4 aether.

That's why I am thinking of going the gardening route. Hopefully the drop rate is better off these plants. It may take longer to get the aether I need, but at least I can be questing and leveling my character up while the plants 'grow' as opposed to just running around all day trying to get drops off kelp or monsters.

Thanks for the replies, everyone!