Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOT running on my computer

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Hello, Kingsisle Entertainment Inc. I am one of your players and I have a problem with running Wizard101 on my computer. I will now describe the situation. I try to run Wizard through my computer and it never comes up. When I load it again, it says that it's running. However, it's still not there. I tried resetting it over and over again, but it never works. I tried the next day, and it still doesn't work. So, how do you suppose I fix the problem? (By the way, I also tried reinstalling it over and over again.) If you find a solution, please tell me and/or reply to this post. Thanks.

~Jeremy ThunderVault Archmage Pyromancer.

Administrator
Our support team can help you but you need to contact us through email at support@wizard101.com

When you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved. It can take up to 48 hours before you receive a response.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Feb 07, 2010
Never mind Kingsisle, it's working again after I made the file. I don't know why that happened, but thank you very much for your help! :D

Defender
May 24, 2012
P.S. The support team is great so DO contact them. It will be via Email. Once you run your dxdiag file (and they will tell you how) and send it back to them they'll send you a message with a possible solution. My game runs better now after their advice.