Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wyverns discontinued?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
I have purchased way too many Wyvern packs, and now have to wonder if the mounts have been discontinued or are supposed to appear inless than 1% of packs? It's kind of nice to have a sense of that.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AlricRS wrote:
I have purchased way too many Wyvern packs, and now have to wonder if the mounts have been discontinued or are supposed to appear inless than 1% of packs? It's kind of nice to have a sense of that.

Everything in the packs drop randomly. There is no percentage of mounts to anything else... we have a chance to win one. That's it. '

I have a couple of them, so it's not impossible.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
AlricRS wrote:

Mounts in hoard packs are ultra-rare, meaning that your chances of ever getting one are between 1-5%.

Plus, your odds reset every time you purchase a pack... so, if the odds of getting a mount are 1 in 100, it doesn't mean that you'll get one if you buy 100 packs. Better luck next time!

Still searching for my Blood Raven,
El Veeb

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
AlricRS wrote:

Everything in the packs drop randomly. There is no percentage of mounts to anything else... we have a chance to win one. That's it. '

Wyverns only come from the hoard packs, right?

GUess I'll keep at it. (luckily I can!) Thanks

EDIT: well over 100 packs later, and I have concluded THERE ARE NO MORE WYVERNS AVAILABLE> Don't waste your crowns here

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
AlricRS wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
AlricRS wrote:

I don't think the Wyverns are available anywhere else. They are neat. :)
Good luck!!

Defender
May 19, 2012
I don't know about the Wyvern's, but I know I spent around $60 in crowns to finally get the Hydra mount from the Hoard of the Hydra packs. It seemed like so many other people were getting the mount on their first through fifth pack purchases, so it was kind of annoying, but that mount has definitely come in real handy, so I'm not complaining. I wouldn't do it again though.

Explorer
Feb 17, 2011
AlricRS wrote:
RavenLady777 wrote:
AlricRS wrote:

EDIT: well over 100 packs later, and I have concluded THERE ARE NO MORE WYVERNS AVAILABLE> Don't waste your crowns here

Does anyone here know what probability means? You have a very smallCHANCE to recive a wyvern. I know they drop because i have a cloud wyvern.

DanielSkullBlade: Level 71 Necromancer

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
fiziali wrote:
I don't know about the Wyvern's, but I know I spent around $60 in crowns to finally get the Hydra mount from the Hoard of the Hydra packs. It seemed like so many other people were getting the mount on their first through fifth pack purchases, so it was kind of annoying, but that mount has definitely come in real handy, so I'm not complaining. I wouldn't do it again though.

It's all luck, Fiz.

The Hydra's Hoard pack was actually pretty good to me~ by the 8th pack, I'd gotten the mount, all 7 beast pets (including the one that was later removed), and a full set of gear. That said, I've had absolutely no luck with the Raven's Hoard... all I want is the mount, but I've totally given up on ever finding one. Good luck to everyone still searching for some elusive item or other!

cheerio,
-veebz

Survivor
May 22, 2012
This is not true. I got a jade Wyvern from that same pack like two weeks ago. Just keep trying.