Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No experience for fellow Wizards

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I noticed something yesterday when me and my wife were playing. We had started up some new characters and decided to start all over, while we are waiting for them to release any new worlds and raise the level cap. Well, when we were fighting, I noticed that if you do not do anything during a fight, You gain no experience for that fight. That seems reasonable for players that like to jump into a fight and let you do all the battling, but the only problem I see is what about those of us that have friends that fight along side of us thruout the entire game. For example, We (as in me and my wife) were fighting a Skeletal Warrior. Well I chose a spell and so did she. Well my spell defeated the Skeletal Warrior and left her with nothing to do. She didn't get any experience for it. So now I gotta pass on the first turn or do something small so that she can get in a shot and get experience for it. Maybe Y'all can adjust that for the lower levels that on the first turn if all enemies are defeated on the first turn of a round and other players did not get a chance to fire off a spell, They automatically get some sort of experience. It wouldn't hurt much at all, considering that as you get to higher levels, The battles last alot longer than 1 round.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
Fighting in Wizard101 only grants experience when a wizard uses a spell. You receive 3 EXP per pip used in battle, and 3 EXP per 0 pip spell used, as well. You're exactly right when you say if a wizard does nothing during battle, they receive no experience, and different wizards in the same battle can earn different amounts of experience.

For more information on battle experience, as well as leveling experience and training points visit this page from the fan site Wizard101 central wiki:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Experience

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
psychic987 got it completely right, follow the link for full info. They way it is currently set up is perfectly fair... we do not get points if we do nothing, just like in school, since this is a school after-all.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
psychic987 wrote:
Fighting in Wizard101 only grants experience when a wizard uses a spell. You receive 3 EXP per pip used in battle, and 3 EXP per 0 pip spell used, as well. You're exactly right when you say if a wizard does nothing during battle, they receive no experience, and different wizards in the same battle can earn different amounts of experience.

For more information on battle experience, as well as leveling experience and training points visit this page from the fan site Wizard101 central wiki:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Experience

That's really interesting. I never knew that. TY :P

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I can understand that and have no problems with that. The only thing is with the smaller enemies with Experience less than 100, Almost every single time if me and my wife are fighting that enemy and I use a spell that does enough damage to defeat said Enemy, She ends up not getting any experience for it. Its happened a couple of times. We'll just have to adjust our strategy when in combat so that she gets some sort of experience for a fight. The other thing is when asked to kill 4 Skeletal warriors, She gets credit for the Warriors even tho she didn't have a chance to attack with a spell, Yet she doesn't get any experience for that particular battle.

Defender
May 24, 2012
Even when you're entering a dungeon you have time to rearrange your deck before you run into the circle. I do that often when I find out what school I'm about to fight. If you two are dueling low score foes, you may want to use lower score cards so that both of you can take a hit. As your battles intensify and your foes have higher scores, adjust accordingly. You will make a lethal team if you play as a team.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
I guess I don't see the issue because you get an overwhelming percentage of your experience from doing missions that take you into the battles. So even if I miss out on the 15 or so XP from a fight when it ends quick, I should be making hundreds/thousands of XP from the mission.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
Even when you're entering a dungeon you have time to rearrange your deck before you run into the circle. I do that often when I find out what school I'm about to fight. If you two are dueling low score foes, you may want to use lower score cards so that both of you can take a hit. As your battles intensify and your foes have higher scores, adjust accordingly. You will make a lethal team if you play as a team.

Yeah. We've done that. Then it became a pain to rearrange our decks for boss battles, so we ended up buying a second deck just for Boss battles. That way we didn't have to keep adjusting our main deck. We definitely play as a team. We boost each other with blades and shields all the time and set each other up to do massive damage. Its just initially her not getting the experience was a pain. I've managed to change up my style a bit to accomodate her. I will set her up with a blade or sheild first to allow her to get a shot off. Now that we both have sheilds in our decks it will be easier.