Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for a Storm Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I think it would be cool to have a storm spell called "Vizia".
The way it would go is it would fill up the battle spiral with water just like the Triton spell. Then a school of electrified fish would come in and make an underwater tornado. Then give life back to you by making a tornado but it would be heading for a wizard.

Damage: 500-1000 (to all apponents)
Life back: 300-750 (to all wizards)
Level: 30 (Storm School Only)
Quest Name: Electric Water
2 Quest Name: Fishy Fishy
3 Quest Name: Charged Up

Quest 1 discription: Defeat and Collect Storm Bolts from Krokopatchra in krokotopia.
Quest 2 discription: Collect deseased water from Piggle Fountain in Wysteria.
Quest 3 discription: Go to Elk's Edge in the Shopping District and have Storm Lord charge it.

Dialogue 1: (Halstrom Balstrom) "Young Wizard you have been working on your studies for a long time. Come see me at once."
Dialogue 2: (Halstrom Balstrom) "It is time for you to learn a new spell my young wizard. Go to the Haunted Cave and collect Storm Bolts from Krokopatchra in Krokotopia."
Dialogue 3: (Halstrom Balstrom) "You have collected the Storm Bolts? Great! Now there is only one more thing. Go to the Piggle Fountain in Wysteria and collect Deseased Water."
Dialogue 4: (Halstrom Balstrom) "You got the deseased water? Oh thank goodness I thought you wouldn't make it! Now just let me charge it up."
Dialogue 5: (Halstrom Blastrom) "Oh it's no use. I don't have enough power to charge it. Go to the Shopping District and Charge It Up!"
Dialogue 6: (Lightning Bat) (lightning sound) "Young Wizard, You dare summon me! What, Balstrom sent you? Of course I'll charge up that vile for you!
Dialogue 7: (Halstrom Balstrom) "You got the charge? Wonderful! Here is your new spell! Use it wisely."

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
You just took away Death's ability. 500-1000? Overpowered much? I love Storm, favorite school, but this.. this.. -Facepalm-

Maybe, if you make this rank 10, change the attack to 1200-1300, all enemies, no life back, removes all charms, then maybe, MAYBE, it would be a good spell.

OR, turn this into Death's second AoE.

-Gtafreak101

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Thank you. You have some great ideas for this spell gtafreak101. I definitely agree 100% on what you make of this spell. No life back would be great, well not great but, perfect enough. LOL. Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
larae890 wrote:
The way it would go is it would fill up the battle spiral with water just like the Triton spell. Then a school of electrified fish would come in and make an underwater tornado. Then give life back to you by making a tornado but it would be heading for a wizard.

Quest 1 discription: Defeat and Collect Storm Bolts from Krokopatchra in krokotopia.
Quest 3 discription: Go to Elk's Edge in the Shopping District and have Storm Lord charge it.

Dialogue 1: (Halstrom Balstrom) "Young Wizard you have been working on your studies for a long time. Come see me at once."
Dialogue 2: (Halstrom Balstrom) "It is time for you to learn a new spell my young wizard. Go to the Haunted Cave and collect Storm Bolts from Krokopatchra in Krokotopia."
Dialogue 3: (Halstrom Balstrom) "You have collected the Storm Bolts? Great! Now there is only one more thing. Go to the Piggle Fountain in Wysteria and collect Deseased Water."
Dialogue 4: (Halstrom Balstrom) "You got the deseased water? Oh thank goodness I thought you wouldn't make it! Now just let me charge it up."
Dialogue 5: (Halstrom Blastrom) "Oh it's no use. I don't have enough power to charge it. Go to the Shopping District and Charge It Up!"
Dialogue 6: (Lightning Bat) (lightning sound) "Young Wizard, You dare summon me! What, Balstrom sent you? Of course I'll charge up that vile for you!
Dialogue 7: (Halstrom Balstrom) "You got the charge? Wonderful! Here is your new spell! Use it wisely."

500-1,000 damage to all enemies? That is waaaayy too powerful for a level 30.
And what's with the 'life back?' Isn't that death's thing?

Allison Silverblade
storm wizard

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
larae890 wrote:
Thank you. You have some great ideas for this spell gtafreak101. I definitely agree 100% on what you make of this spell. No life back would be great, well not great but, perfect enough. LOL. Thank you.

Thank you, didn't intend to come off a bit mean.

-Gtafreak101

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
larae890 wrote:

Its stronger then sirens and sirens is a level 68 spell -_-
Life effect is irrelevant to storm's attacks, and 500-1000 is insane for lvl 30. The last note is that you didnt say how many pips this spell costs to use and the accuracy.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
I just didn't think that it is fair that only death school gets life back. But, let's work out an agreement here.
1. Have it do more damage with no life back.
2. Have it do less damage with life back.

Reply 1 or 2 to show what you think.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Well here is a question for you. Why does everyone try to take deaths specialty?

If you want a drain spell then you will have to make a death wizard. Otherwise I think you came up with a cool spell.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
Ok, since we all have different suggestions on this spell, let's come to an agreement. :D

1. We can delete the no life back part of this spell and make it stronger, and for a little bit of a higher level.
2. We can keep the life back part, and make the spell weaker for the same level as it is.

Please reply on which one you think we should do. Also, make some suggestion on a new name for this spell.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
How about take the life back away and level cap it to level 50, then change its damage to 820-900 single hit.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
conno365 wrote:
How about take the life back away and level cap it to level 50, then change its damage to 820-900 single hit.

I'm sorry that just won't do. For level 50 it's kinda small for damage and Triton is stronger than this, and we get that at level 38. But, so that it kinda has the same we should change it to level 45 and keep it at the same damage it is with the no life back.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
This is really sad have you guys heard of level 80 people why would a new spell be a lower level that does not make any sense! Plus this takes and gives health that is for death's no other school has that ability even balance does not have a drain attack even its supposed to have all powers of the school combined. Plus its very weak sirens had 1000 it should have a little more not much but more plus a side affect that storm does would be nice.

Thomas StormLeaf
Balance Archmage

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
larae890 wrote:
conno365 wrote:

I'm sorry that just won't do. For level 50 it's kinda small for damage and Triton is stronger than this, and we get that at level 38. But, so that it kinda has the same we should change it to level 45 and keep it at the same damage it is with the no life back.
Your wrong triton is weaker than this, triton does 795-875.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2009
I like your idea of the spell :) but the effects of it aren't fair for storm. And I'm saying this as an archmage diviner. This spell isn't meant for a magus, but could be a good spell for a level 78 possibly. Because think about it, Sirens does 880 damage and when enchanted 1115 (colossal). The attack range should also be reduced to 900-1000 if anything. Also, in my opinion, no school should ever take another schools special ability. Which is what confuses me about fire and ice. Fire stuns more than ice does and ice hits over time more than fire. Anyways, storm should not be allowed to take deaths ability. If that were so, then death should be allowed to hit for 1500 with 2 pips. Another change in the spell would be to summon the "Vizia" instead of the Lightning Bats. Think back, or forward, about the Storm Lord quest, the Leviathan quest, and the Sirens quest. Each quest had you summon the spell itself. I think that in the quests the wizard should have to encounter a Siren to fight. No minions and no cheating. The Siren starts with 12 pips and is a rank 12. She has the bait to feed the Vizia's in order to summon them. She can cast every storm spell (including supercharge) and has 30,000 health. But the Siren isn't an regular Siren. She is the Lady of the Lake's sister. Halston sends you to the Lady of the Lake because he assumes she knows where you can find Vizia bait. She says that you need Pure Storm Magic. But that only existed back before the giants, dragons, and tritons fought. She says that her evil sister has the last of the Pure Storm Magic. Sorry to change everything so much but with all of those changes this spell is pretty sweet! :D
Andrew ThunderBlade Archmage Diviner
and many other wizards...

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
atleon2 wrote:
I like your idea of the spell :) but the effects of it aren't fair for storm. And I'm saying this as an archmage diviner. This spell isn't meant for a magus, but could be a good spell for a level 78 possibly. Because think about it, Sirens does 880 damage and when enchanted 1115 (colossal). The attack range should also be reduced to 900-1000 if anything. Also, in my opinion, no school should ever take another schools special ability. Which is what confuses me about fire and ice. Fire stuns more than ice does and ice hits over time more than fire. Anyways, storm should not be allowed to take deaths ability. If that were so, then death should be allowed to hit for 1500 with 2 pips. Another change in the spell would be to summon the "Vizia" instead of the Lightning Bats. Think back, or forward, about the Storm Lord quest, the Leviathan quest, and the Sirens quest. Each quest had you summon the spell itself. I think that in the quests the wizard should have to encounter a Siren to fight. No minions and no cheating. The Siren starts with 12 pips and is a rank 12. She has the bait to feed the Vizia's in order to summon them. She can cast every storm spell (including supercharge) and has 30,000 health. But the Siren isn't an regular Siren. She is the Lady of the Lake's sister. Halston sends you to the Lady of the Lake because he assumes she knows where you can find Vizia bait. She says that you need Pure Storm Magic. But that only existed back before the giants, dragons, and tritons fought. She says that her evil sister has the last of the Pure Storm Magic. Sorry to change everything so much but with all of those changes this spell is pretty sweet! :D

I totally agree with the ideas you have for this spell and the changes you have made to modify this spell. You have bright ideas and great thoughts. I would change everything to this modification. Thanks.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
larae890 wrote:

This, is wonderfully, underleveled. Well, not wonderfully because it IS stronger than sirens and you said that ni life back and make it stronger. heres what you should have done

Make it a lvl 78 spell for storm
No life back

and great!

Survivor
Apr 11, 2009
aditha12 wrote:
larae890 wrote:

This, is wonderfully, underleveled. Well, not wonderfully because it IS stronger than sirens and you said that ni life back and make it stronger. heres what you should have done

No life back

and great!

Ok we will make his spell a level 78 spell and instead of fighting krokopatra I will try to find storm person in Celestia.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
Snowyandspots wrote:
Well here is a question for you. Why does everyone try to take deaths specialty?

If you want a drain spell then you will have to make a death wizard. Otherwise I think you came up with a cool spell.

No idea, i guess they just think that their school should be just as special as death in that they get a drain.

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
larae890 wrote:
aditha12 wrote:
larae890 wrote:

No life back

and great!

Ok we will make his spell a level 78 spell and instead of fighting krokopatra I will try to find storm person in Celestia.
Actually it should be for level 88 it would make more sense.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Not only this does seem drastically overpowered (remember that's base damage, you have to factor in enchantments, blades, damage boost, critical, all of that), but drains aren't Storms thing, that's Deaths special talent. So, I disagree on this Spell, sorry.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
bionaknight wrote:
Not only this does seem drastically overpowered (remember that's base damage, you have to factor in enchantments, blades, damage boost, critical, all of that), but drains aren't Storms thing, that's Deaths special talent. So, I disagree on this Spell, sorry.
Thats what i have been hinting to her that this spell is overpowered.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
larae890 wrote:

No... Since when did storm get drain spells? Oh wait they always have, I mean it is one of storms attributes. Not to mention thats way too overpowered for a level 30, you get tempest are 28 so you set until storm lord. That worked for my storm. Storm already gets healing current at level 75. Death is about draining and sacrificing. Since all the other schools have had some of their attributes taken away, death should keep both of its attributes. One more thing, what exactly were you thinking when you made this spell?

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
larae890 wrote:
conno365 wrote:

Triton does less and the draining is out of the question. Death is one of if not the most respected schools. It is fair that death is the only school with the draining ability. You guys already get healing current and a lot of people want a storm DoT too. One of the reasons PvP is so messed up is because the others schools keep getting their attributes stolen. Don't say it is PvE only cause that won't do either. Healing current actually makes PvE easier for storm, their high damage and ability to heal themselves is enough.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
atleon2 wrote:

Ice has two DoTs and fire has hmm... 7. Fire has two linking spells power link and link. Stuns belong to myth not ice and fire only has one. Yeah 7 is a lot less than 2 No offense, but some of you really need to rethink these posts you make. You made a good point though, death's draining ability is too special to be given to any school.