Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest is uncompleteable how do I remove

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Is there a way to remove quests from the book? I took up the quest in Marleybone, the tower there in regent square where the opponents cheat. My life and storm made it to the room where you have to leave the snakes alone and it looks like it will take more players to do this dungeon any further.
Because of the players in the game and the way others play it is their way or no way, I play game alone.I never ask others for help and am surprised the game would have this place in a dungeon where one or two players can not complete. My storm is level 80 my life with him 79, both went through Avalon together and not one of them has died. But this tower is out of date with game.
Again, is there a way to remove the quests from the books, if not there should be. I hear so much about the Jabberwoki in Avalon, it was a breez for life and storm. I couldnt see what the concern was about with proper shields and clothing its easy. But now I need more players to play this dungeon? Guess it will sit and take up space. Should have made it where the sun stay light up when you walk off it in the dungeon. Because of this I will not be able to complete it.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
There is no way to delete or remove a quest.

This is a mmorpg and is designed for multi-player interactions and teamwork.. This is not a solo game, or a two person game at all that is why they have several dungeons that work best (or only) with more than two people.
That dungeon is not out of date with the game, it is not a required quest, it is a side quest, maybe they could change the dialog, but they have not yet so I doubt they will. It offers not only great experience points, but also great drops and general experience with different scenarios.

I have completed this dungeon with all of my wizards, we have found many many people willing to go in with us, for many farm that particular dungeon, just like WaterWorks, Tower Of Helephant, Mirror Lake and others. But we also have very wonderful friends in game who love to help us out and enjoy the game and interactions... they also enjoy sharing the experience of watching us level up yet another wizard and complete yet another difficult area. Again it is a multi-player game and they will not change it to be something it isn't.

IF you want it off of your book bad enough, you will simply ask some friends to join you, or otherwise seek help either in game or online and get it done. THEN in the future do not accept that quest.

Our professors have said they will NEVER make a way for us to remove quests once we accept them, WE ACCEPTED them therefor they expect us to complete our studies.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
That Tower in Marleybone takes no less than 4 people. You will have to have help on that boss. They cheat something fierce in there. If I remember correctly we brought a life Wizard, My Fire Wizard, A Storm wizard and my Wife's Balance Wizard.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I think all optional dungeons/towers such as this one should be removed from your book once you enter them. If removing from book upon entry is too difficult then the wording of these quests when taken needs to be changed to include optional quest. I had a friend take these places then get very annoyed with trying to complete them and has taken them weeks to get other to allow them in with them.

Some of these instances do not drop anything worth farming for and you must have the quest to enter it. If I am going to waste an hour or two in the game on one quest, I would much rather it be Water Works where I can actually get something out of it I could use.

I agree finding help for a lot of people is not easy anymore and it is not fair that those who don't have those "friends" be stuck with these quests in their books. Sadly as the game has expanded so has the influx of not so nice players. Pretty much all my original friend base has moved on to other games and I do not seem to be able to replace them. I run across more bad ones then good ones these days but maybe I play to much? My husband has had a lot of bad experiences with other players and he says nothing to no one - now he won't solo ever.

Solo players have to pick and choose quests and figure out just which instances will need help before they quest in the spiral.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Hmm. I have level 80 life and fire wizards that I use, as well. I can get through the Waterworks very easily (send the life first to heal/shield constantly, while the fire wizard casts Reign of Fire) and was thinking of doing the Warehouse of the Spiral Geographic next.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Darkblood1 wrote:
Is there a way to remove quests from the book? I took up the quest in Marleybone, the tower there in regent square where the opponents cheat. My life and storm made it to the room where you have to leave the snakes alone and it looks like it will take more players to do this dungeon any further.
Because of the players in the game and the way others play it is their way or no way, I play game alone.I never ask others for help and am surprised the game would have this place in a dungeon where one or two players can not complete. My storm is level 80 my life with him 79, both went through Avalon together and not one of them has died. But this tower is out of date with game.
Again, is there a way to remove the quests from the books, if not there should be. I hear so much about the Jabberwoki in Avalon, it was a breez for life and storm. I couldnt see what the concern was about with proper shields and clothing its easy. But now I need more players to play this dungeon? Guess it will sit and take up space. Should have made it where the sun stay light up when you walk off it in the dungeon. Because of this I will not be able to complete it.

Oh, the joys of Spiral Geographic.

When my first wizard (Balance) took the quest at level 50-odd, she completed it with only one other person~ a Life friend, who was the same level. Obviously, we had to take the extra fight, since we didn't have 4 people, and there were a bajillion deaths between us, but we eventually figured out the cheats and finished the instance with only emotional scarring. :P

More recently, the voices in my head convinced me that farming there was a good idea... Needless to say, I don't listen to them anymore. -___-

If you need help, my Storm wizard took the quest by accident and is willing to help you. If you send me a message on w101 Central (El Veeb is my screen-name), maybe we can arrange for Sestiva to meet with your wizards in-game. ;)

If you've completed this since posting, congrats! And, if not... well, I'll see you in the Spiral!

Cheerio,
-veebz

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
You can do this quest without doing the snake puzzle, just do the fight, they are not that hard. Then you can continue and finish the dungeon.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
brwac wrote:
I think all optional dungeons/towers such as this one should be removed from your book once you enter them. If removing from book upon entry is too difficult then the wording of these quests when taken needs to be changed to include optional quest. I had a friend take these places then get very annoyed with trying to complete them and has taken them weeks to get other to allow them in with them.

Some of these instances do not drop anything worth farming for and you must have the quest to enter it. If I am going to waste an hour or two in the game on one quest, I would much rather it be Water Works where I can actually get something out of it I could use.

I agree finding help for a lot of people is not easy anymore and it is not fair that those who don't have those "friends" be stuck with these quests in their books. Sadly as the game has expanded so has the influx of not so nice players. Pretty much all my original friend base has moved on to other games and I do not seem to be able to replace them. I run across more bad ones then good ones these days but maybe I play to much? My husband has had a lot of bad experiences with other players and he says nothing to no one - now he won't solo ever.

Solo players have to pick and choose quests and figure out just which instances will need help before they quest in the spiral.

Ok, so what is the point of deleting quests. Some people might just go, ok i delete all my quest and other people will think i finished evrything. I know this wont happen but no way! I dont mean to be offence but just because you want to solo everything does not mean you can

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
aditha12 wrote:
brwac wrote:

Ok, so what is the point of deleting quests. Some people might just go, ok i delete all my quest and other people will think i finished evrything. I know this wont happen but no way! I dont mean to be offence but just because you want to solo everything does not mean you can

2 points here - this is an optional fight not a main story line or even side quest - a totally optional instance like BriskBreeze, Helephant Tower and even Water Works. Second off not every one in the game has "friends" that are decent enough to them to quest with. They may not choose to solo it may have been forced upon them because of bad experiences a long the way.

Most wizards I have run across want to be your guy/girl, want your best treasure cards, want you to spend your crowns on them, will report you if you don't be their friend, accuse you of not using a spell that was appropriate for the fight, demand to be bladed or healed, want you to help them entirely finish the game and won't ever help you, want to use you to power level in upper worlds they don't even have quests in - should I go on.

This has just been my experiences while questing though the spiral with my husband over the past few months. It does seem guys do get more of the brunt of it then girls when it comes to nasty insults.