Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching Ideas?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Here was an idea... I am getting so sick of chancing for a hybrid with my ice collosus. I have spent over a half a million gold (not literally) on hatching the same too pets over and over again. So, I think that for all hybrids, you should have a 100% chance of getting it. I think about quitting for the day because of how much gold I spend on hatching for a simple pet that probably wont give me the stats I want anyway. Please KingsIsle, fix this soon. What ideas do you have in mind?

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
which pet are you hatching your icy guy with? Only certain pets hatched together, seem to give the hybrid 'chance' when hatching.

Here is what Wizard Central says you can hatch with your Ice Colossus, for a chance at a hybrid.

Unique Hybrid Pets you can Hatch from this Pet:

*edited by Professor Greyrose*
No spoilers please - just post a link, not a list, young Wizard.

Looks like you get quite a few hybrids, with some of the same pets as a parent even - that ice colossus is pretty nice at generating hybrids, many pets have no hybrids or chances at them at all.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
which pet are you hatching your icy guy with? Only certain pets hatched together, seem to give the hybrid 'chance' when hatching.

Here is what Wizard Central says you can hatch with your Ice Colossus, for a chance at a hybrid.

Unique Hybrid Pets you can Hatch from this Pet:

*edited by Professor Greyrose*
No spoilers please - just post a link, not a list, young Wizard.

Looks like you get quite a few hybrids, with some of the same pets as a parent even - that ice colossus is pretty nice at generating hybrids, many pets have no hybrids or chances at them at all.

I am trying to hatch with orthrus. I already know the different types of combinations for the hybrid you can get with the two particular pets and I still haven't gotten any of them. but the only one in particular i want is ice hound.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Whoops, sorry about that - here is the link instead if you're curious to see what he can hatch with to get different hybrids;

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Ice_Colossus

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
I have two suggestions.

1) It takes SO long to level your pet up. It took me 3 hours to get from baby to teen! And my pet only went up to 125 experience to level up. Now I need 250 experience!?!? You get from 1-5 experience per game!!! It should be 5 being the lowest and 15 being the highest.

2) It costs ridiculously too much to hatch a pet! You spend so much time leveling your pet up to adult to find out it costs over 20,000 coins to hatch a pet!!!! This is insane. It took me 2 months to get 15,000 coins and you want me to get even more to hatch a pet?!? You've got to be kidding me! Me and my cousin are addicted to Wizard101 and he tried to hatch a pet. His offer was a Dragon for 20,500 coins!!! A dragon is one of the most common pets in Wizard101, why is it so expensive to hatch a pet that's so common and played out like that? I am offering you an amazing suggestion. It would be amazing if it worked like this: If your offer of a pet was a common pet like a dragon, piggle, bloodbat etc. it would be around 5,000 coins the cheapest!! But if it was like a hydra head or something really cool like triton then it would cost 10,000 coins. I am not going to spend over 20,000 coins on a pet. That's just ridiculously overpriced. The range should be from 5,000 coins to 10,000. Strongly consider this suggestion. It's a very creative one and lots of people would hatch pets more often.

Would you want 2-5 wizards buying a pet for 20,000 coins? Or hundreds and thousands of wizards buying pets of the range of 5,000 to 10,000 coins? Think about it. Thanks again!!! -Sean DragonBlade (Death Wizard) (Level 36- Necromancer)

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Dreadicus wrote:
Whoops, sorry about that - here is the link instead if you're curious to see what he can hatch with to get different hybrids;

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Ice_Colossus

Like i said i already know the hybrids.