Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blocking Critical Attacks and use of High Spe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
I am a lvl 76 pyromancer and when I and attacked with a critical 90% of the time it is not blocked. My lowest blocking % is 38 which is not high but it should be enough to block the critical damage coming in. I like this game but it get fusstrating when you are being hit hard and alls you can do is pass because nothing come up even when you try to draw. When I fight with other player they don't seem to have that problem. Also they get pips and have them all through the fight while I struggle to get some I have a pip rating of 65% which is more than half and I still struggle. So what am I doing wrong and can you please help me, is this a bug or glich that can be fixed.

Thanks
Wolf Giantheart

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
bertieboy wrote:
I am a lvl 76 pyromancer and when I and attacked with a critical 90% of the time it is not blocked. My lowest blocking % is 38 which is not high but it should be enough to block the critical damage coming in. I like this game but it get fusstrating when you are being hit hard and alls you can do is pass because nothing come up even when you try to draw. When I fight with other player they don't seem to have that problem. Also they get pips and have them all through the fight while I struggle to get some I have a pip rating of 65% which is more than half and I still struggle. So what am I doing wrong and can you please help me, is this a bug or glich that can be fixed.

Thanks
Wolf Giantheart

Criticals and block are random. They are not going to work everytime you get hit. No it is not a glitch or bug. Just because the other player or Boss my crit, it does not mean you will block it every time. If this has something to do with PvP, then you should have posted it in that section. If it is in regards to battling bosses, then as I said. It is random. Everyone deals with this. We win some, we lose some.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
bertieboy wrote:

Thanks
Wolf Giantheart

First - the critical / block numbers you see in your stats are NOT percentages. Critical/Block values are based on 500 points. If you hover you cursor over the stats, you will see pop-up that shows how much percentage each piece of gear is giving you. If your critical block in your stats shows 38, then you are closer to about 8% block rate - hence why you are not blocking them. To have a block rate of 38 %, your crit block should be around 190.

Second - This thread might answer more questions:
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25/25450.ftl