Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Damage Over Time Is Not Properly Boosted

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I've come to notice that my damage over time spells, particularly Scald, Heckhound, and Fire Dragon (those that I use most often) do not receive the boost from my clothing. I'm not sure if this IS in fact a bug, but regardlessly, I see no reason for it not to be changed.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I'm bumping this topic as it needs to be inspected. I read the Welcome sticky on the first page, and Dalia mentioned an in-game bug report feature, but I am unable to find any, save the one in the Test Realm.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
On the damage over time damage pulses, it boosts for the vulnerability of the target twice, rather than for your own damage bonus once and the vulnerability of the target once. It's probably a bug, but fixing it would make PvE content harder, as you only use damage over time spells against mobs that are vulnerable to the damage type, and that gives a much bigger boost than your own +damage gear.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
Here is another issue that I experienced the other day while pvp. I cast scald and on the next following round I cast the wyldfire circle. However, the scald damage (for turn 2) was NOT increase by the 25% and still did the same amount of damage as it did from the very first round. This REALLY needs to be looked into also.

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
If by fire circle you mean the Wyldfire field spell, this only boosts spells cast after it. If there is a dot spell already in action when wyldfire is cast, it will not boost the remaining hits of the dot spell.

If you want to add boost to remaining hits on a dot spell, add traps to the target any time before the dot spell is exhausted.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I disagree quizzical, as I mostly only use Aura spells to remove shields, or if I have nothing else (while Scald is stronger than Meteor).

And Warlock Wiz, as per Wyldfire's description, it boosts all Fire SPELLS, not all Fire DAMAGE. However slight, there is a difference.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Darkick wrote:
I disagree quizzical, as I mostly only use Aura spells to remove shields, or if I have nothing else (while Scald is stronger than Meteor).

And which mobs copiously use shields to block against fire? Ice mobs, of course! And occasionally balance, I guess, but that can be cleared with a wand.