Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Healing Spells chance to hit

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2012
I started as a life character and soon noticed that his spells were weak. So I made a new character as storm and it was much better for me despite fizzling. But I still wanted to be able to heal so I went to Ravenwood to use my training points to buy life spells and noticed, the healing spells only have a 90% chance to hit. While on my life character I always had a 100% chance to hit, it couldn't fizzle. So I found out that if life isn't your main school then healing spells can fizzle and cost you the battle. I think KingsIsle should make it so regardless of main or second schools of magic, healing spells should have a 100% chance to hit. They just shouldn't be able to fizzle, it doesn't make any sense that they would make it so you could lose an important battle. Like beating Malistaire or doing a PvP match.

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Well since you're pretty new, I'll explain. Bosses in the future are able to heal (sprite, regenerate, and satyr). PvP would be very VERY easy, and no challenge would be involved in the game.

-Gtafreak101

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
RockTerhune7 wrote:
I started as a life character and soon noticed that his spells were weak. So I made a new character as storm and it was much better for me despite fizzling. But I still wanted to be able to heal so I went to Ravenwood to use my training points to buy life spells and noticed, the healing spells only have a 90% chance to hit. While on my life character I always had a 100% chance to hit, it couldn't fizzle. So I found out that if life isn't your main school then healing spells can fizzle and cost you the battle. I think KingsIsle should make it so regardless of main or second schools of magic, healing spells should have a 100% chance to hit. They just shouldn't be able to fizzle, it doesn't make any sense that they would make it so you could lose an important battle. Like beating Malistaire or doing a PvP match.

It doesn't seem fun without something you can't expect. I love the fizzle variable because it adds a touch of excitement to every battle! Allowing you to heal yourself every time you cast the spell would be boring in my opinion.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
RockTerhune7 wrote:

That's he point, life is made for healing, therefore it is allowed to have 100% accuracy to heal, it is te HEALING SCHOOL.

Other schools get the healing as a privledge to
Stay alive, the small chance of fizzling can be taken away easily at higher lvls.

It's a very small chance of
Fizzle, and it's a chance you take to stay alive XD

I think it's also done to
Encourage teamwork (even if it's a little bit)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
No, healing spells do fizzle.

I have a Life wizard, who has fizzled on heals before~ Satyr, Sprite, Regenerate, etc... they all cast at 90% accuracy (Life's base), but 90% is not 100%, meaning that we will /always/ have a chance to fizzle... unless you have accuracy-boosting gear (which Life, Death, and Balance can't get, unless it's crafted or without giving up all of their other stats).

Every spell in-game, save for buffs and dispels, has a chance to fizzle. That includes heals (Balance's Availing Hands is only 85%, as is Death's Sacrifice) and Weakness ( which also casts at 90%).

Explorer
Aug 01, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
No, healing spells do fizzle.

I have a Life wizard, who has fizzled on heals before~ Satyr, Sprite, Regenerate, etc... they all cast at 90% accuracy (Life's base), but 90% is not 100%, meaning that we will /always/ have a chance to fizzle... unless you have accuracy-boosting gear (which Life, Death, and Balance can't get, unless it's crafted or without giving up all of their other stats).

Every spell in-game, save for buffs and dispels, has a chance to fizzle. That includes heals (Balance's Availing Hands is only 85%, as is Death's Sacrifice) and Weakness ( which also casts at 90%).

actually, Unicorn, minor heal, fairy, those have 100% accuracy, it depends on the healing spell.