Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deck build for a life wizard

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
Hello i am a level 66 life wizard and i need help building a good deck, I ask for help from my friends but they don't understand i like to battle alone not in a group. SO can any life wizard help me build a deck for a solo life player? i have all life spells up to level 66 and i am not back on any of my school quest. You can add him gnomes if you want cause i am almost there. Anyone up for it?

From, Corwin trollleaf Level 66 life wizard "blood of the giants"

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
My deck, not the best IMO
5-7 copies each attack down to Searph,
2 Dryad
4 pixie
4 Satyr
2-4 Rebirth (Depends if you solo or not)
5 life blades
3 Spirit blades
2 Life traps
1 Reshuffle
Max sun enchant
1-2 auras each
2 heal blades

-Gtafreak101

Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
OK that seems nice but any other ideas? I don't heal much and i mostly use centaur and forest lord. Thank you for your idea i will give it a try, But any other ideas would be nice. I just want to be able to finally fight without dying all the time :D

From, Corwin trollleaf, Level 67 life wizard "blood of the giants"

"There is nothing without LIFE"

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
My standard solo deck, for what it is worth (I probably carry too many cards, but rarely die with my level 80 life, and I discard a lot):

5 monstrous/colossal
7 forest lords
7 life blades
5 spirit blades
4 Satyrs
5 berserk

2 card reshuffle
2 card dryad
1 card forest lord

of course, I have wand spells only for shield smashing.

If battling a boss, I switch some gnomes for forest lords and add 5 feints and a couple of card feints to stack on the boss. Also add prisms if needed against a life boss. but these are pretty rare.

I have a repeated spell pattern - first two turns, cast life blade and berserk and discard until you have 2 forest lords and colossals (in case one fizzles). If I have a little pip, I use spirit blade. This combination gets me about 3000 point attacks on all enemies without critical (with 50% attack bonus gear). with the two feints, I am doing 10K damage on the boss.

I don't shield much because I am looking for a quick battle - four turns, and I feel that casting shields is taking away from my tempo.

Defender
May 24, 2012
I deliberately chose Fire as my second school when I started my Life wizard, so my deck is a little strange. It works well when I come up against other life foes. I also carry a fire hammer I bought for crowns. It has a hit score of 90 and a pip score of zero. Let me see if I can put this down for you.

2 Healing fairies
2 (healing hand reaches out of the sky)
3 Storm/Ice shields
3 Myth/Death shields
2 Life blades
2 (those shields with the thorns on the edges that boost your hit) Life ones
2 Seraphs
2 Centaurs
2 Wildfire circles
2 Phoenix
2 Meteor strike
2 fire boosting strike shield things
My hammer (wand) has 5 sparkler cards with it. My amulet boosts my fire strikes. My boots have shields attached too. I'm only lvl 33. You just need to arm yourself.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
mommala wrote:
OK that seems nice but any other ideas? I don't heal much and i mostly use centaur and forest lord. Thank you for your idea i will give it a try, But any other ideas would be nice. I just want to be able to finally fight without dying all the time :D

From, Corwin trollleaf, Level 67 life wizard "blood of the giants"

"There is nothing without LIFE"

I tend to keep my deck small - 15 - 20 cards tops. 3 forest lords, 2 Centaurs, 1 Seraph, 1 tree, 2 prisms, 3 Life Blades, my helmet has a 45% blade, 1 Satyr and 1 Sprite, 3 Colossus Sun Spells - I rarely have time for traps. I keep my sideboard for miso cards to get me by if I run did out. I wear the Water Works Robe and Boots and the crafted helmet from Wintertusk, my pet has spritely. I put in and extra Centaur for boss fights.

I try to do the math on roughly how much I actually need in damage to take out the monsters in the world I am in. Of course for large instances I may have to add more but by and large I can get to cards and remove monsters with this deck set up. I don't shield just blade up, apply Colossus and run forest lord mainly.

Defender
May 19, 2012
I don't really solo with my life or balance wizards as I have them on two accounts, and play them together (both are level 65), but for certain school quest battles, I still have to solo with her. I tend to agree with brwac on keeping the deck small so you don't have to do so much sifting through and discarding. What I keep in my life wizards deck (for soloing) is as follows:

2 Gargantuan
2 Forest Lord
2 Centaur
2 Life blades
2 Life traps
2 tri-blades
2 tri-traps
2 healing hands
1 rebirth
1 satyr
2 reshuffle
My wizard is wearing level 50 Sentinel gear from the Pagoda bundle and she gets the two balance blade spells with her gear for that extra damage boost (and except for boss fights, she probably really doesn't even need the tri-blades and tri-traps). I haven't skilled up her crafting yet to make her Wintertusk gear but the Sentinel gear is still very good for the level and I really like having those balance blades that come from the set.

If you want to get even more damage output, train death to feint for that 70% trap (also puts a 35% trap on yourself). Any high damage spell with feint, traps, and blades pretty much guarantees a one shot kill unless the monster is shielded with tower shield (although even with tower shield, with enough traps and blades you'll still one shot the monster unless it's a boss with high health and resists).

The only thing is, if others jump into your fight, you risk them breaking your feint. I hate when they use a wand spell on feint, but there are those who do that even at the level. You'd think by that level they would know better. :P