Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Triage= An everlasting battle.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Kingsisle, you should take triage out,or add more pips to it. it makes an everlasting battle between fire and life. Or make a spell that can COUNTER triage. because of triage, a fire wizard has nothing to do. then they have guardian spirit out. please fix this its annoying o:

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
getterdone wrote:
Kingsisle, you should take triage out,or add more pips to it. it makes an everlasting battle between fire and life. Or make a spell that can COUNTER triage. because of triage, a fire wizard has nothing to do. then they have guardian spirit out. please fix this its annoying o:

I am sorry you could not heckhound spam your way to a win against a good life wizard who knew how to counter your startegy.

Its not op, maybe you should use a fire elf or a link on top or it to get it off of the triage. OH! wait my bad, then you would lose all or those traps wasted by the fire elf. Poor you.

If you cant already tell, i am not a fan of complaints, about anything really. OR spammers.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
Heckhound, Rain of Fire, Fire Dragon, Scald, Link, Power Link, and Fire elf are sitting in your corner, Efreet, Helephant, and Phoenix are abandoned. A well used Efreet could probably nuke that life.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
thejordanator wrote:
getterdone wrote:

I am sorry you could not heckhound spam your way to a win against a good life wizard who knew how to counter your startegy.

Yeah, heckhound doesnt show up, now what?

Its not op, maybe you should use a fire elf or a link on top or it to get it off of the triage. OH! wait my bad, then you would lose all or those traps wasted by the fire elf. Poor you. yeah well guess what they can heal

If you cant already tell, i am not a fan of complaints, about anything really. OR spammers.

If you don't like complaints, it's not your job to read them, i assume you are not a kingsisle employee?

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
BlueHighwind wrote:
Heckhound, Rain of Fire, Fire Dragon, Scald, Link, Power Link, and Fire elf are sitting in your corner, Efreet, Helephant, and Phoenix are abandoned. A well used Efreet could probably nuke that life.

Yes, but they can weakness! they can earthquake! they can guardian spirit! they can dispel! they can tower shield! they can fire shield! they can absorb, they have a lot of critical block! (high block) they can pierce! they can heal again and again! their pets can heal again and again! With a pip they can use smoke screen, which we already have low accuracy

What fire can do: life shield, absorb (if you pay money, or rather wait 3 rounds to cast it) tower shield. weakness. heal (with money, or rather wait x rounds to cast, or waste time farming a boss for hours to get one item that only gives you the ability to use power pips for another school, yet costs more than $1, not even $5!!) earthquake (back to the last response) pets that heal again and again. not much. smoke screen, but what will that do? they have 90% accuracy to their cards! plus they can do infallible so then they have +105% to their cards and that sun spell.

Dont mean to complain, its just annoying o: i am trying to get coat of invincibility, but i often find an ice or a life guy who kills me, and i go from 771 to 740.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
First of all, this post should be in the PVP section, not the LAB, as this is not a bug or actual problem.

Second of all, your strategy is at fault, not the spell.

Life has no Damage over time spells, as Fire does.
Life has no spells that do damage and can heal at same time, as fire does.
Life has no spells that can give a -90% weakness to next attack, fire does.

Fire has the easiest time in PvP and if you want, you can counter triage, it's called a dispel.

Also, you posted a message on the forums and you are not expecting people to reply, telling you that they disagree and why?

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
getterdone wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
getterdone wrote:

Its not op, maybe you should use a fire elf or a link on top or it to get it off of the triage. OH! wait my bad, then you would lose all or those traps wasted by the fire elf. Poor you. yeah well guess what they can heal

If you don't like complaints, it's not your job to read them, i assume you are not a kingsisle employee?

OK. Heckhound doesnt show. Its the same with rain. Fire dragon's Dot isn't strong enough to hurt all that bad really.

No, they cant heal enough if doom and gloom is up. If you dont put it up, or make no effort to stop them from healing and/or using triage, you only have yourself to blame for that. Its not the spell. Its not the school. Its not the guy standing on the side trying to get you to talk so he can see your stats and tell your opponent's fault. Its not your minion's fault, it's not your pet's fault either.

I never said i was a Kingsisle employee. In fact, i am not. I read complaints because while i dont like them, it gets me thinking. I dont like school. I go there because it gets me thinking.

getterdone wrote:
Yes, but they can weakness! they can earthquake! they can guardian spirit! they can dispel! they can tower shield! they can fire shield! they can absorb, they have a lot of critical block! (high block) they can pierce! they can heal again and again! their pets can heal again and again! With a pip they can use smoke screen, which we already have low accuracy

Yes, but so can you! They could have done that anyways wheather you were to use a DOT or not! You can pierce! you can doom! You can Dispel! you can Tower shield! You can weakness! And most importantly, you can have perfect accuracy To fire and never fizzle! With infallible, you hve 115% accuracy to your spells! With extraordianry tc and infallible, You can have 150% accuracy to your spells! With sidhe staff and what was mentioned above, you can have 163% accuracy! With a pet with additional accuracy, you can have 14%, and either sharp shot or fire shot was factored in earlier. That brings your accuracy to 177 accuracy! with infallible treasure, 182 accuracy!

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
getterdone wrote:
BlueHighwind wrote:

What fire can do: life shield, absorb (if you pay money, or rather wait 3 rounds to cast it) tower shield. weakness. heal (with money, or rather wait x rounds to cast, or waste time farming a boss for hours to get one item that only gives you the ability to use power pips for another school, yet costs more than $1, not even $5!!) earthquake (back to the last response) pets that heal again and again. not much. smoke screen, but what will that do? they have 90% accuracy to their cards! plus they can do infallible so then they have +105% to their cards and that sun spell.

Dont mean to complain, its just annoying o: i am trying to get coat of invincibility, but i often find an ice or a life guy who kills me, and i go from 771 to 740.

They can absorb? I haven't seen that spell in action since I was lvl 29. If any of your worries revolve around absorb, you must rethink your strategy brother.

-Gtafreak101

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
getterdone wrote:

Yes, but they can weakness! they can earthquake! they can guardian spirit! they can dispel! they can tower shield! they can fire shield! they can absorb, they have a lot of critical block! (high block) they can pierce! they can heal again and again! their pets can heal again and again! With a pip they can use smoke screen, which we already have low accuracy.

You can pierce~ you can stun, you can Earthquake, Steal Charm, Feint, stun block, use your Pixie,Tower, Weakness, dispel, Smokescreen, Infection, and you can certainly get a pet with Spritely and Proof. All of those, AND there's a -80% Life shield! What a concept.

What you don't have in block points, you make up for in damage. Do you enchant your spells? What level are you, and what worlds do you have access to? If you don't have your Sun/Star spells, buy them... I don't care if you're level 80 and have to spend 12,000 Crowns to buy your points back~ you do it, and you do it now.

getterdone wrote:

Answer me this~ how do I, a Balance wizard with zero experience in PvP, know your school's strengths better than you do? It should be common sense that you alter your strategy to suit your opponent~ if you can't or won't do that, it's your own fault. I don't work for KI, but have no patience for baseless complaints, because it's complaints like these that get spells nerfed and destroy the game.

People in the Arena aren't stupid, and you'll have to work to outsmart them. Good luck!

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Oy! Triage is now OP. Dang, maybe Theurgists should just be banned from pvp altogether. Healing is bad, GS is bad, Triage is bad.

Or how about this: Let life wizards have only Life blade, Nature's Wrath, Seraph, Colossal and Satyr in PvP. Would that give everyone a fair shot against Theurgists in the Arena?

LOLOLOL,

Iridian Shadowweaver, Archmage Theurgist, Disdainer of the Whine

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
queenlybluebean wrote:
Oy! Triage is now OP. Dang, maybe Theurgists should just be banned from pvp altogether. Healing is bad, GS is bad, Triage is bad.

Or how about this: Let life wizards have only Life blade, Nature's Wrath, Seraph, Colossal and Satyr in PvP. Would that give everyone a fair shot against Theurgists in the Arena?

LOLOLOL,

Iridian Shadowweaver, Archmage Theurgist, Disdainer of the Whine

This made me laugh, but guess what! Satyr will become OP in that situation, then your stuck with Seraph and Nature's Wraith

But, I honestly thought Triage would be the last spell on the range of complaints.

-Gtafreak101

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
darthjt wrote:
First of all, this post should be in the PVP section, not the LAB, as this is not a bug or actual problem.

Second of all, your strategy is at fault, not the spell.

Life has no Damage over time spells, as Fire does.
Life has no spells that do damage and can heal at same time, as fire does.
Life has no spells that can give a -90% weakness to next attack, fire does.

Fire has the easiest time in PvP and if you want, you can counter triage, it's called a dispel.

Also, you posted a message on the forums and you are not expecting people to reply, telling you that they disagree and why?

Thank you Darth on both counts.

This should be in PvP section and there are several ways to counter Triage. Just because you have not figured that out is no reason to remove a useful spell from Life Decks. It is called STRATEGY.

"Triage=an everlasting battle"? I don't think so. Sooner or later especially if that life wizard is using Triage everytime you hit with a DoT, they will run out and not be able to get another and if your fire wizard is high enough level, you do have Efreet with a -90 weakness. As Darth said, Life does not have any of this. We did not even get our first AoE until Forest Lord.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
LOL~ where there are complaints to be made, PvPers will find them. Thanks to a lovely little thing called a negativity bias, we wizards inherently see the bad before the good. Or, perhaps, some of us just like to whine... maybe both, or some combination of the above.

Seriously, you guys in the Arena already got Guardian Spirit nerfed (and that's just in recent memory). Was that not enough for you, or will you insist on complaining until every spell in the Spiral has been nerfed so much that you no longer have to strategize? Isn't that the whole point of PvP?

(I'm a PvE-only player, because I don't have time for a second full-time job. In my humble opinion, games should be fun, and not require any actual effort beyond basic strategy... so I don't participate. End of, simple as that~ either learn to take the heat, or get out of the kitchen.)

I have an idea~ let's conclude each PvP tournament with a Whinin' Cheese party for the losers, in which people can commiserate and complain that such-and-such is over/underpowered. Hey, free food! But then I'd actually have to PvP... Sigh. I can't win. :P

Darkness, despair, & fish paste!

-El Veeb
the archmage of awesomeness ;)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
getterdone wrote:
thejordanator wrote:
getterdone wrote:

You have already been given suggestions as to what you can use to counter Triage and Guardian spirit. Learn how to use them and learn how to use Strategy. That is one of main BASICS of PvP. It also takes STRATEGY to get through the mobs and bosses of the Spiral.

Life is supposed to heal. You can too up to a point and you can also train Life as a secondary school which will give you more heals.

You have been playing this game long enough that you should also know that you don't have to be an employee to reply to ANY thread on the boards.