Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What happens if you have too much gold?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2009
I just received a message from Zeke saying that i have too much gold and i'm at over 280.000 and i still have a lot of stuff to sell, i'm not sure what happens if you have too much gold and i'm not sure what i should do with all my items

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
IF you have too much gold you can not EARN any more gold once your bank is full. ONCE your back pack is full you will stop getting drops until you empty your backpack.

Things that can be bought for gold:
Mounts, houses, pets, snack, regents, housing items, clothes, gear, crafting recipes (so you can craft teleporters to move between multiple houses on one wizard), transmute recipes.

You can also feed most items to your equipped pet:
This will earn you, gold, treasure cards, regents and sometimes experience on that pet to help him or her level up.

To make room in your backpack until you decide what to do, move items into your bank or shared bank.... I share usable items between my different wizards, especially if they are low on gold and can not afford a mount, a spritely pet or their next level gear or clothes.

You have lots of options, but I suggest you make room in your backpack so you do not miss out on any good drops.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
cool12345678204 wrote:
I just received a message from Zeke saying that i have too much gold and i'm at over 280.000 and i still have a lot of stuff to sell, i'm not sure what happens if you have too much gold and i'm not sure what i should do with all my items

It you reach the max gold allowed, you simply can't add more gold, which means you can only trash items or put them in your bank or shared bank.