Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Report Button Idea...

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
conno365 wrote:
Ki's method is better and is fair, this one is down right harsh. If your having problems with people just take off text chat.

Please explain why editing the report button to only reportable offenses is "harsh"

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
jennm2203 wrote:
I think that would be a nice addition. ONLY reportable offences are listed, that way there is NO question.

Selections/options could be:

Vulgar profanity/swearing around filters
Sexual profanity/Inappropriate activity
Bullying
Suicide threat
Illegal activity (drugs, rape)
Threat of violence
Sharing/trading/giving of account info
Sharing/giving of personal info
Hacker
Code/crown generator promoting

Would make it easier for everyone of all ages.
1) Don't ever say that word again here. 2) But then if someone would have to report and they didn't have any proof and selected a random button they would still have to check the chat same thing. So I give this a thumbs up! Nice idea.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
conno365 wrote:
Ki's method is better and is fair, this one is down right harsh. If your having problems with people just take off text chat.

Yeah, and punish the good people because a few bad seeds can't control themselves? Right...

Oh, and just FYI~ this is the exact same system as KI has in place now; only difference is, it's a menu of exactly what's reportable, instead of letting people type their own "reasons".

Before you argue this further, I think you need to watch some of the videos on Youtube that feature players repeatedly false-reporting others as a means of harassment. The "reasons" for reporting include everything from "existing" to "cocoa pebbles".

-

Since you're so opposed to the WCP, answer me this: why should we have to turn off our chat...

1. when we pay for the privilege of open chat;
2. when we're not abusing our chat-privileges;
3. so a select few can continue to spew their profane, hate-riddled drivel?

The current system already punishes the victims, not the perps~ again, explain to me how this is fair. I'm listening...

-veebz
Wizarding Aunt, Archmage of Awesomeness, WCP