Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is getting annoying...

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 07, 2011
I logged on this morning to play some Wizard101, and it works fine, I'm doing random stuff.....then I went to my house and used the Spiral Door. Nothing happened when I clicked Zafaria. I could not exit to the menu. I had to X out of the game, and restart. I turn up in Zafaria. I'm fairly confused, so I go to Zamunda Outskirts. All the players and NPC's disappear as usual before exiting an area......but I'm still in the area. I'm forced to X out again. I relog AGAIN....I press play.....'Wizard101 is busy right now, please try again later'. I try again later...and I'm in Zamunda Outskirts. This has been going on for a while now, could somebody explain please?

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
Hello,

Your computer may have problems loading certain areas of the game. Has this happened in other worlds? If so, you may need to wait certain periods of time before the your computer has enough time to load. Allow at least 5-8 minutes to load the areas.

If this method is not working properly, you may have further issues....

Miranda ThunderGem
" Colors are Aspects of Life"

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Believe me you are not alone.

This was happening to me this morning too Tuesday (8/14/12)

I thought it was my computer so i uninstalled the program and reinstalled the program 2 times.

I also unistalled my Firewall since it has had problems with the game too before.

Nothing helped or worked after reinstalling.

But at about 3:00 PM EST i got in again and the game started working for me.

I sent a ticket into support 6 hours earlier because it wasnt working at the time so hopefully they got lots of tickets so they can fix this problem in the next maintenence update.

It is working fine for me now since i am playing at this moment.

Hopefully it works for you now.

It helped me when i logged on the game with another computer and moved to the commons in wizard city so it reset me from the area i was stuck in.

Then after log in with the regular computer you use and the game should work fine.

That is what i did.

Remember to use a DIFFERENT COMPUTER when moving yourself to the commons in wizard city,

I hoped this helped and i hope you can start playing again.

Kyle SkullTalon
Lvl 80 Archmage Pyromancer

Kyle IronSpear
Lvl 12 Initiate Sorcerer

Kyle NightShade
Lvl 21 Adept Necromancer

Explorer
May 07, 2011
But at about 3:00 PM EST i got in again and the game started working for me.

That happened to me. No clue why, but it did. Now the game is down.

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
It sounds to me like W101 was maybe doing some maintenance. An area might have been made temporarily unavailable to you for that reason.

Also, as Galaxy101 has said, if you haven't been to an area, or an area has been updated, it might need to re-download that area. Check the top-left for a spinning arrow on a spiral icon. That means you are downloading new content to your computer.

Explorer
May 07, 2011
vollans wrote:
It sounds to me like W101 was maybe doing some maintenance. An area might have been made temporarily unavailable to you for that reason.

Also, as Galaxy101 has said, if you haven't been to an area, or an area has been updated, it might need to re-download that area. Check the top-left for a spinning arrow on a spiral icon. That means you are downloading new content to your computer.

I'm not new to the game. There was no arrow, and I had been there before, on the same computer, but as you said at the beginning of your reply, it was probably it updating. Although as soon as my shark mount went away from shark week, it stopped. Hmmm......