Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School pets could use some improvements.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I have noticed that the abilities of school pets are pretty weak.These should be the 2nd elite pets of the game.Many do not get Spritely and some of the better traits are way down in the 8/9/10 slots, combining usually yields 4/5 uncommon slots,not what you would expect for a Hybrid pet.

Hybrid pets should be the elite but as is they actually give you a worse pet,which is a silly idea.I can only assume the idea was to get people to make an adult then make a hybrid to adult then hatch that with a Sea dragon to actually get some universal abilities?I am not even sure that would work,you might just end up with the higher rated Sea Dragon?

If i have a Storm player why would i want abilities from any other class?The efficiency is always casting your own spells.A universal ability would of course be useful but hybrids do not yield those.

So many people seem to think getting a card is great,well it is not,it is actually the worst thing you can get from a pet.Even the weakest uncommon traits are better than getting a card.Simple reason,you can get the cards anyhow and if not,just treasure card the one you want.As stands i have a Life player,i already have all the Forest Lord spells i need,i would not need an enraged Forest card as most wizards understand how to use enchant cards.

Hybrid pets i feel should automatically upgrade as well,example two 58 should yield a 60 or so Hybrid.

Here is what a Hybrid Pet SHOULD yield......

The abilities should be UNIQUE instead of just the easy/simple transfer of same abilities.By unique i mean it should acquire DUAL abilities.

Examples using a Forest Lord and Kraken Hybrid.

resistance should be a DUAL life/storm resistance.One trait not two separate ones.The only other that would make sense is of course universal traits such as accuracy for all schools or damage for all.

Life/Storm shot again ONE trait.
Life/Storm damage one trait.

Ok i think you get the idea.The way the Hybrids are working is just giving for example a Storm player a Life ability,which is a downgrade from just having a Storm only pet.Hybrids should not be downgrades.
The ONLY thing you gain from a Hybrid pet is a unique named pet and a different color.You would expect a Hybrid to be a statistical upgrade not just a visual one.Transferring two different school abilities is not an upgrade not even with a cash shop choker piece that allows even pip use.

Example.Lets say i am a Storm player,i will have Storm dps gear.If my Hybrid pet gets say a Life shot for life accuracy or a Life damage trait and ends up around 8% or something,it really is not useful when compared to getting another 8% to my storm damage or accuracy.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Are you kidding me? I think everything you just wrote is wrong. Talents like Dogged at the Teen level are useless, but basically everything else is wrong. Having a pet of another school will help you, not hinder you You can boost your secondary school spells using stuff like Life-Giver, as a diviner. You can add an Item Card to your deck that would be unavalable under normal circumstances.

Explorer
Feb 24, 2012
Why? They only learn selfish talents because they power up the not selfish talents. For example my stormzilla is at teen and it learned pip o plenty.
If it learned a selfish talent that powered up one of the stats that raise pip chance if I max out that stat will raise the pip chance I will have way more power pip chance then I used to.