Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there plenty of people who are mean to Cyru

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Lynked wrote:
Rose12345 wrote:
Maybe you should define "mean to Professor Drake" (myth not death)

Some guy wrote a true story about Malistare's childhood and it said that Cyrus was really popular that he made 15 friends each day. And Malistare wanted to impress some girl named Marissa (sorry Malistare, it's just so funny I could fall on the floor and laugh).

He's all cranky because Malistare is his brother and some people from Wizard City are blaming him. If you are that person, STOP!

Since Malistare is death and he has 10,000 life, I feel sorry for death wizards.

Natalie Flower
lvl 46 life wizard

I'm Adrian Deathsword level 49 necromancer
look, don't feel sorry for us! you MAY want to worry about your self.
i hate to say it, but life stinks when it comes to attack.
besides, death has the PRISMS!!!!!!
we could take on malistaire solo with only three potions and the clothes on our backs.
so if i were you, I'D watch out for malistaire, because he'll be tougher for you than me to go solo at.
uh every one has prisms

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
myth112 wrote:
i agree my myth is strong and all,but cyrus is cause he is the only teacher you see outside of ravenwood. he is also the coolest 8)

alex owlhunter
lvl31 myth wisard
no dworgen is in nightside alzred is in the krokosrinx

Survivor
May 24, 2009
darkhound wrote:
so you want all of us to put aside the fact or factS that he tried to expell us he made us take his laundry he wants us do go away whenever we lear a new spell and he tried to kill us in the myth tower eh????????????????
uh fair enough :D

I so am with that.
angel rubyblade lvl 32 fire

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
leapardcat wrote:
A lot of people say he is mean or evil but he is not! OK so he is a little bit cranky but how would you feel if your brother turned evil! :|

And i kinda feel bad for him

reasons we don't like him

1.he is related to malistare
2.he has no respect for us
3.weplain don't like him

my brother gave up his myth for a balance wizard

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Oh my, Cyrus is nice!
I mean, I used to not like him, but he is my favorite teacher, when i went to own Malistaire he was all nice, he helped us save the spiral

IF YA DONT LIKE CYRUS WAIT UNTILL YOU OWN MALISTAIRE THEN YOU WILL KNOW

Explorer
May 28, 2009
ok i feel bad to NOT! he tried to get me expelled i hate him he's so mean remember when ya were supposed to talk to em an he said leave me alone he's evil

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
leapardcat wrote:
dragonfire10 wrote:
lepordcat, you most likely ported to some one just when they where almost done

not true i teleported to my friend while battling the servants that you battle before you battle him and i stayed for the converstion and battle.

And i did quite a bit of a good job helping :D

Well in dragonspyher is said somthing about malistar stay cool XD 8)

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Personally, I think Cyrus is great with his calm, decisive personality alongside his tendency to be harsh on students to better them in the Magic of Myth. He may seem mean, but it's only because he worries for his students and wants them to be prepared for what ever life and his brother throws at them. In a sense his methods would be considered a "Necessary Evil". In other words, harsh, but gets the job done.

If i were in the world of wizard101, I'd rather him teach me than the other faculty.

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
I hear that he doesn't like me, I don't know why but he's holding up my enrollment and I do not know what to do.

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
He's like Snape on Harry Potter. He's mean, rude, and not very good-looking. Cant change him, cant make snape like harry. Its just the way it goes......

but i guess he sorta gets nice after you defeat malistaire. well......kinda.....he says "sorry" but.......whos to say he isnt telling the truth?

Kestrel Ghostwalker~ lvl 50 Grandmaster sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
firedude847 wrote:
guys ive been a myth student for some time since after closed beta he is angry and wants you expelled because he cares about his brother you get it!!!!!!!!!!! so stop bullying my PROFESSOR OR ELSE IM GONNA DEFEAT YOU
yeah how can you beat me wwhen i have these treasure cards: helephant,storm lord ( 2 of them), stormzilla (3 of them ) minotaur also as a regular card(4 minotaur treasure cards), and 3 earthquakes you will never defeat me i can kill you with 2-3 hits!!!!!!

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
without cyrus's health you couldnt defeat malistaire and the spiral would have been doomed

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
piggymaster5 wrote:
megantler wrote:
if you kill you kill his brother he becomes alot nicer to you and he apoligieses
for not thinking you can do it

wait ... you kill his brother, and he likes you and HE APOLOGISES TO YOU? isn't that a little weird

well it isnt weird because if you had a brother who's ganna destroy the spiral and your the one who to blame

Explorer
Jul 06, 2009
I have no problem with Prof Drake actually. His character is an asset to Wizard World.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
leapardcat wrote:
but he is not evil sheesh

A teacher is not evil (all the time) but you get mad when your insulted. Like when he tries to get rid you. And make you pick up his dry cleaning.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2009
Ok. I have a few things to say. First of all, Cyrus Drake isn't mean! Everyone thinks he is because of his brother! Sure, he can be kind of cranky, but it's only because of Malistaire. It's not his fault Malistaire turned evil. :x If you had a brother that became evil, what would you do? Your borther would give you a bad reputation! So don't get mad at Cyrus just cause Malistaire is eveil. My secondary school happens to be Myth and that helps me learn more about Cyrus and his childhood. (kind of). :D And, yes, I feel sry for him. He's also strong at heart. For example. After you defeat Malistaire in DS, he congradulates you! After killing his BROTHER! That just proves how awesome he is. 8)

Well. Bye bye for now! :-) Ps: DON'T HATE HIM! FEEL SRY FOR HIM!
Ryan Mistcaster, Grandmaster Pyromancer

(o) (O)
{}
^^^^^
lllllllllllll

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Everyone that is miffed over him trying to get you expelled after you collect and deliver his laundry needs to realize that YOU started it!

Everyone is quick to point out what Drake has done to them but no one mentions what THEY have done to Drake!

First let's consider why he might not respect us, have us pick up his laundry, or want us at Ravenwood, have us expelled. Many of you are thinking what do you mean, I haven't done anything to Cyrus Drake but you are wrong! Everyone spreads a vicious rumor about him that they are told by Diego! Now think about that for a moment, later that evening in a staff meeting over ambrosia Merle Ambrose chuckles and relates a rather humorous rendition of "Cyrus you won't believe what that young student told me today!" to which Cyrus laughs along with but at the same time takes offense to. That's why he is rude to you at first, you didn't give him the benefit of doubt when you spread the rumor, and he sees you as a troublemaker that is more trouble than you are worth!

Later on he begins to see that you might actually be able to help him with what he sees as a personal family matter that troubles him to his core. To Cyrus Drake, Malistaire is his problem to deal with and something that only he can handle, all the student wizards wanting to get a hold of Malistaire bothers him because he knows they are not ready or capable of handling a wizard as powerful as Malistaire. Everything he does to discourage us is for our own good, he is just being a good teacher. With millions of students wanting to rush off and battle Malistaire he is getting tired of telling them all they are not ready! He just wants us to study and hone our skills until we reach a point where he thinks we might actually be able to help him end the threat to the spiral.

He knows Malistaire isn't evil as we will all eventually learn and everyone thinking he is aggravates him. Yes Malistaire has had a nervous breakdown but that doesn't make him evil. He didn't intend to threaten the spiral, he just wants his wife back and has thrown caution to the wind in an effort to do just that.

My conclusion is simple Cyrus Drake isn't evil or mean he is just misunderstood and Malistaire Drake his brother is a misguided wizard focused on the love of his wife and is doing everything he can to recover his true love. To say a man is evil only because he is willing to do anything for the woman he loves is very judgmental of us. I should hope we all could find a love that powerful in our lives ... a true unconditional love ;)

Just remember YOU started it when you start wondering why he acts the way he does and that's my thoughts on the matter ...

Gabriel LegendWeaver
~GrandMaster Sorceror~

Gabriel ShadowWeaver
~JourneyMan Necromancer~

PS Pay attention to the intricacies of the storyline, small things like spreading the rumor explain how it's all tied in together. He's also annoyed over Cyclops lane and everyone blaming him for making things worse there only to find out Malistiare has influenced the cyclops General Akilles, Professor Greyrose made a mess of Colossus boulevard also but she isn't accused of working with Malistaire ...

Survivor
Apr 19, 2009
well professor drake is basically the wizard 101 form of professor snape from harry potter

Survivor
Jun 23, 2009
Ansem789 wrote:
he wants every myth student expelled for some reason. Maybe because he is sad about his brother leaving Ravenwood!
from my myth student, Mark Mythheart
He wanted me expeled and i am a DEATH WIZARD! ! ! ! !

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
I agree with the question. Why are so many people mean to Cyrus Drake? He may be grumpy but that's because his twin brother turned evil! Cut him some slack! And no he is not evil! He is my professor! Plus, he actually starts to be nice later in the game. :)

Benjamin Legend level 20 myth wizard
also enrolled in death and storm

Explorer
Sep 21, 2008
leapardcat wrote:
A lot of people say he is mean or evil but he is not! OK so he is a little bit cranky but how would you feel if your brother turned evil! :|

I don't think we're the ones being mean to him. :P I sense a "Harry Potter" moment coming... if we get any more worlds after Dragonspyre.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
firedude847 wrote:
guys ive been a myth student for some time since after closed beta he is angry and wants you expelled because he cares about his brother you get it!!!!!!!!!!! so stop bullying my PROFESSOR OR ELSE IM GONNA DEFEAT YOU

Before you even think about defeating me, can i just say one thing, even though i'm a necromancer, i think cyrus drake would be a better teacher than any other teacher combined, i just don't like the way he talks to other people including myself.

Talon Nightwalker
Level 43 master necromancer
Dragonspyre

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
Well so what if he is mean? Wait, what am I saying? He tried to expel us! Especially ME! ME? GETTING EXPELLED!? I am GLAD I am gonna pwn you in the future. I am GLAD your brother is evil. I am GLAD your sisterinlaw died! I am GLAD...I am out of mean things to say to him.

Explorer
May 22, 2009
He's been through alot. He had to become a grandmaster wizard of myth, teach students, put up with his brother who is a trader and he's just not as fun and jokes less than the other teachers because he is very serious about his job. He does have a big job. He has to teach myth to all students then he has to see if the wizards are ready for DS by a boss battle and he has to guide each wizard in DS through our journey. He doesn't just have to help his students but he has to help a lot of wizards! That's probably why he is not as fun (No offense Cyrus, I personally like what you do for us) as Falmea or Greyose or Balestrom or even Moolinda.

Christopher Battlehunter level 38 Prymanacer

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
leapardcat wrote:

Good point, I never liked him because he seemed evil.........and he is related to Malistare.
I do feel bad for him, i sure din't want an evil brother!

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl19
life&fire