Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunt spells in pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 16, 2009
i think that taunt spells should work in pvp snow angel is a taunt but only does damage and the taunt does nothing i think if ice uses a taunt then the taunted player should be forced to attack the ice player it would give ice a more protective roll in pvp i mean they are the tanks and are built to take damage right? so it only makes since

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Sariana1337 wrote:
i think that taunt spells should work in pvp snow angel is a taunt but only does damage and the taunt does nothing i think if ice uses a taunt then the taunted player should be forced to attack the ice player it would give ice a more protective roll in pvp i mean they are the tanks and are built to take damage right? so it only makes since

Taunt was never designed for PvP it was made for PvE. Just like the different schools spells (Pacify) which lowers the threat on a target. Both of these spells were designed for PvE in mind. Taunt would almost be like beguile. Beguile is very tricky spell and its effects make it difficult to use properly.

Saying taunt would force the player to attack you how long before they could attack others because if this was the case one ice player could just keep casting taunt all enemies while one person heals him and the rest build to kill everyone off.

That is just one possible misuse of taunt.