Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Remove Stun Spells from the game

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 02, 2008
I would like to see that ALL spells that have ANY kind of stun effect be completly removed from the game and either replaced with something new do some other effect. Stuns are just getting way out of hand and really do take the fun out of the game in my opinion.

Maybe I can get enough players to post that they agree to actually make this happen.

What say you fellow wizards?

Defender
Jan 20, 2009
I disagree. Stun is simply an effect just like damage or damage over time. Each effect of a spell has it's cost, there isn't a spell that has a stun component that doesn't have a corresponding cost, and I think they are fairly well balanced.

Defender
Sep 15, 2008
WarlockWiz wrote:
I would like to see that ALL spells that have ANY kind of stun effect be completly removed from the game and either replaced with something new do some other effect. Stuns are just getting way out of hand and really do take the fun out of the game in my opinion.

Maybe I can get enough players to post that they agree to actually make this happen.

What say you fellow wizards?

I Disagree, some spells wouldn't work without stun if you wanted you could remove it from PvP if that annoyes you

-Mark Thundersword
Level 44 Divner

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Personally, I don't use stun, but I do believe some people use it during game play.

Not everyone plays PVP (where I believe stunning spells are an issue).

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
uh......no, stun is a spell and it makes it harder for the other team to attack but chain stunning is a problem, id say best thing to do is increase pips it takes to do a multi-target stun

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Completely removing stun spells is not the answer. I am a Master Thaumaturge, and we are the first school to get a stun spell (I think). Our Freeze can be quite helpful, since it costs no pips. However, I have been in many battles with chain stuns and I dislike them. I agree that there should be some limit on the amount of times you can use stuns, but only in PvP. Personally, I only put one Freeze in my deck anyway, though with the new spells I could see where it could become a problem. When I become level 48 of course I am going to put multiple Frost Giants in my deck, therefore stunning the opposite team. This is where is becomes out of hand.

I suggest that you can only use two of each stun spells per person. But I am not saying only twice. For instance, I could use two Freezes and then two Frost Giants. Then, another teamate could also use the same amount. That way we have some sort of restriction, and everyone can be happy. No more chain stuns, still stun spells. And this is only in PvP. In PvE, there doesn't need to be a restriction.

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
I too think that stun spells should stay but that instead their usage in the arena should be changed. maybe we could do something like a restricted list for the stun spells. like making it so that you can only have 1 or 2 copies in your deck AND treasure deck combined.