Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting gear in avalon benefits not just Ice

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Well what a lot of you may or may not know the crafting gear is becoming popular with storm and fire as well. Giving them an extra resist towards ice and their other sister elemental. It gives high critical which has been proven to be able to go right through block (use with bubble for best results). Even less often you see a balance wearing this gear as well giving them an extra boost to fire ice and storm. I have only once seen a life wear it to give him a good crit boost but then again death and myth aren't extremely strong schools and its usually the elementals who you find high up in the overlords. HAVE A NICE DAY!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
TheDarkestMask wrote:
Well what a lot of you may or may not know the crafting gear is becoming popular with storm and fire as well. Giving them an extra resist towards ice and their other sister elemental. It gives high critical which has been proven to be able to go right through block (use with bubble for best results). Even less often you see a balance wearing this gear as well giving them an extra boost to fire ice and storm. I have only once seen a life wear it to give him a good crit boost but then again death and myth aren't extremely strong schools and its usually the elementals who you find high up in the overlords. HAVE A NICE DAY!
the gear is good but you still lose things like universal reist(besides storm and ice) healing boost and maybe a little damage boost but you do gain some stuff as well however you can make up for what you lose with a pet but its extremely hard to get a pet with spritely damage boost and resist but that pet could also increase the stats that you already have instead of replacing what you lose so really it comes down to your playstyle and opinion on gear choice.

Defender
Jun 23, 2011
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Very few PvPers can make a legitimate claim that the crafted gear only benefits ice. It benefits al the schools. However, what is a legitimate claim is the the crafted gear benefits ice the most, so much so that it has become an overpowering issue much like the lvl 58 ice gear was.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
FatesKin wrote:
Very few PvPers can make a legitimate claim that the crafted gear only benefits ice. It benefits al the schools. However, what is a legitimate claim is the the crafted gear benefits ice the most, so much so that it has become an overpowering issue much like the lvl 58 ice gear was.

Yes, true, but only for Fire and Storm, that's it. It actually give an Edge to the other five schools, as it drops the resist to them by about 3%.
Plus it drops the Power Pips by 5%, and it drops the Accuracy by 2-3%.
So, Ice has to give that up, for the edge on Fire and Storm.
Now to add to that, ever wonder why KI did that, oh, I guess not.....
It's because Fire and Storm has 200+ critical ratings,,,, and can critical every 2 to 3 rounds. I have been killed over and over by one critical heckhound, or by three or four wild bolts that have gone critical.

Ice is the weakest player in the Game, lower hit per pip and lowest gear Boost of any player.
So, anyway, yes, the gear does help Ice with Fire and Storm, but weakens it to the other five Wizards, as a trade off. No where as bad as you make it out to be.

Joe.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
FatesKin wrote:

Yes, true, but only for Fire and Storm, that's it. It actually give an Edge to the other five schools, as it drops the resist to them by about 3%.
Plus it drops the Power Pips by 5%, and it drops the Accuracy by 2-3%.
So, Ice has to give that up, for the edge on Fire and Storm.
Now to add to that, ever wonder why KI did that, oh, I guess not.....
It's because Fire and Storm has 200+ critical ratings,,,, and can critical every 2 to 3 rounds. I have been killed over and over by one critical heckhound, or by three or four wild bolts that have gone critical.

Ice is the weakest player in the Game, lower hit per pip and lowest gear Boost of any player.
So, anyway, yes, the gear does help Ice with Fire and Storm, but weakens it to the other five Wizards, as a trade off. No where as bad as you make it out to be.

Joe.

I don't know if you are aware of the current metagame, but critical block has been raised to such a lvl that without a veangeance a critical attack will be blocked most of the time. Also even the rare unblocked critical attacks are still not enough to put a dent in 70+ resist and will do absolutely nothing against immunity. As to the stat loss, all the other schools post similar and worse losses in terms of crafted gear. As a storm who uses the crafted gear I give up 8% resist, a decent chunk of my attack stats, loss in power pips etc. I fail to see why ice needs 70-immunity lvl resist to compete with fire and storm.