Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

5 talents on pets is too much

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
players are already walking around completely immune to schools and having high resists in about everything else, and with the extra talent the resistance stacking simply becomes even worse

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Survivor
Dec 31, 2010
I have no idea what you are onto here?What does "5" have to do with immune?

You can have shields that are 70/80% those are the most effective,not a pets chance at one class resistance for 1-12%..The talents the pets gives are not stacking they just add.MOST of the time these resistances are only one school,so they are not really that effective.Some not many pets have universal resistance but without the proper shield that is not going to do anything to change combat at all.

A good wizard is playing something before a spell,either a blade or trap and the lowest i can think of +25,so even if a pet gives 12%[rare] your still doing 13% more damage,so how exactly is the pet talents considered too much?Also don't forget YOUR pet can have that same +damage boost making it virtually meaningless.

There is really only one ability that can proc often and that is Spritely.Of the other useful ones a universal resistance is only a convenience it is not game changing.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
I think once the new worlds come, you will be begging for a fifth talent.

Pets clearly play an important role in balancing gear shortcomings already. If KI thinks we need more critical block/rate stun resistance, etc on the stronger mobs and bosses to come, i'll just gladly accept them with open arms.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
seasnake wrote:
players are already walking around completely immune to schools and having high resists in about everything else, and with the extra talent the resistance stacking simply becomes even worse

spoiler alert

this belongs in the test realm section
not everybody knows about the new update that is coming

mod move this plz?

also 1 more talent wont be broken it just gives us a extra slot whats the harm?

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
I dont think there are a lot of crown users who are willing to train their pet that much. Plus non crown users wont bother wasting their time training their pets with limited pet energy.