Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun is way too hard!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
I have noticed that jotun has 7,000 health and some wizards are not high enough level to defeat him! By high enough I mean strong enough! I am almost done with mirkholm keep and next comes nidavelir! When I was almost done with mirkholm keep my friend messaged me and said "Help!". And he is level 50. And I also did not know he had brothers. His brothers seem to be healthier than jotun himself! So please decrease his health like 1,500! So his health will be 5,500! NOTE: I don't care the slightest bit about jotun being storm. We all have prisms (Except Balance)!]

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Squire
Feb 29, 2012
Here is a tip; If you're fighting Jotun bring at least three people. My level 35 Storm did it with a Balance and Life. Oh sure, we all got defeated at least once, but we used the flee and port back strategy. It's kind of the only reason why I passed Nidavelir in the first place.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The Jotun fight is indeed a very difficult fight for the level you are when you face him. I don't think you can do the fight by yourself, but I have done it with just two people. Obviously 4 people is best.

Jotun is one of my favorite fights because it is truly the first major difficult fight you come across. It's the first time in the game where I said to myself and my friend, "OMG, how the heck are we ever going to win this battle!?"

A little pre planning and inviting a friend or two, and this fight can be one of the most enjoyable you will have (If you enjoy a hard challenge).

You can't just jump into that fight without thinking about your deck construction. And that might include loading up your treasure deck with things like heals, shields, and attacks.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2011
LoL, Wait until you get to Avalon, where the bosses alone are over 10,000 health. Jotun was indeed hard, but if you go in with help, you should be okay.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
When you go to Nidavellir, complete the two side dungeons- not only will you help complete the Yardbirds and the Grizzleheim history quest, but beating the final boss of each of these dungeons will cause Jotun to fight with a single minion (a regular mob). If you want to fight Jotun multiple times, you must repeat this process to fight him alone.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
malt22 wrote:
The Jotun fight is indeed a very difficult fight for the level you are when you face him. I don't think you can do the fight by yourself, but I have done it with just two people. Obviously 4 people is best.

Jotun is one of my favorite fights because it is truly the first major difficult fight you come across. It's the first time in the game where I said to myself and my friend, "OMG, how the heck are we ever going to win this battle!?"

A little pre planning and inviting a friend or two, and this fight can be one of the most enjoyable you will have (If you enjoy a hard challenge).

You can't just jump into that fight without thinking about your deck construction. And that might include loading up your treasure deck with things like heals, shields, and attacks.

exactly. it's called a dungeon for a reason.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
SporeDemigod wrote:
When you go to Nidavellir, complete the two side dungeons- not only will you help complete the Yardbirds and the Grizzleheim history quest, but beating the final boss of each of these dungeons will cause Jotun to fight with a single minion (a regular mob). If you want to fight Jotun multiple times, you must repeat this process to fight him alone.

Wow, I never knew this. Learn something new everyday.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
haha for low lvls its a nightmare, but trust me, a lvl 60 could prob solo it. a lvl 55 prob couldnt neither could a lvl 57,maybe 58, but 60, a lot of challenege but a really good chance

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I think it's cool when a fight is really hard. Jotun put a whoopin' on me several times but it's made the game a lot more interesting. I like the excitement/anxiety of knowing I need a few more wizards to battle.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
The key: friends, and good cooperative stratetgy.

This week I faught Jotun for my first time ever. Level 50. I was solo and I got destroyed. Then I came back with another level 50. It was really tough and a long battle. Best battle ever! And we won!

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
SporeDemigod on Aug 15, 2012 wrote:
I have no idea why the game does not give you this info. Perhaps Grumlik (the NPC outside of the dungeons) could say something like "here's a tip: Do the sides, then the middle"

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I agree this fight is slightly disproportion to the level of wizards that attempt it. I usually wait until I am level 50 at least because I don't plan on doing Ravenscar right away and don't need to be into Wintertusk until level 56.

When we tried this with 2 level 40 wizards we had to repeat it because one of us had to leave and when they got back killing Jotun did not count for them because he was defeated prior to them leaving, not while they were out of the instance but before they had to flee.

The first time I did this instance I was solo, I fought the brothers on each side then when I went to do Jotun someone joined me on the pad and of course it reset the entire fight for me but we did complete it.

Certain areas in the game can be stoppers for those who don't have a willing friends list or another account they can sign on for help. Optional areas are a bit easier to delay then main quests that must be completed to advance in the game.