Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance Wizards Only

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 13, 2010
So, what are your ideas or what do you want to discuss in Balance Wizards Only, about PVP or PVE or anything. Just discuss with Balance Wizards Only!!!!!! I wish Alhazred could come. :D :D :D :D :D

Say your name after your post!

Cole Dunerunner, currently trying to finish Keep og Ganelon

Survivor
May 01, 2010
this is what i love the most about balance. there are no balance sheilds! 8) or at least none that i've seen. i kinda want to know what your favorite balence spell is im looking forward to hydra :D :D :P :P 8)

Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
if the balance school colors are maroon and tan, why aren't maroon and tan available at the dye shop? i realize too many colors could cause issues, but school colors should be available

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
What secondary school is best for a sorcerer, eh? Most people say Death or Life but I can't quite decide. I have fourteen training points waiting for my answer!

Explorer
May 02, 2011
lol i really think balance failed at php until supernova and mana burn came :D

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
rece99 wrote:
this is what i love the most about balance. there are no balance sheilds! 8) or at least none that i've seen. i kinda want to know what your favorite balence spell is im looking forward to hydra :D :D :P :P 8)

My favourite balance spell is the Ra!!! I am a lvl 77 balance wizard (of course)
I am looking forward to mana burn, i should have got it but i am only up to hrundle fjord and austriluns, so i need to work on grizzleheim

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
I love Sandstorm and Elemental trap! I like the death spell Vampire also.

Level 21 Balance Wizard

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Ma favorite balance spell is power nova, my balance warlord beasts with it in PvP......... WOOT!! 1000 damage nova + weakness= EPICNESS. :)

Survivor
Aug 13, 2012
i am balance school :P
how can i advance in the story im stuck after the bartleby quest; im done with it and i dont know what to do. whats the next main story quest to help me advance? one of my friends mentioned doing the quests in cyclops lane and firecat alley, will those help me get towards the end of the wizard city story?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
My first wizard was school of death and I got bored of that school so I made a balance wizard and got membership! I love being balance, though when I first made the wizard I was like "What, lame! It's not a lot of attacks!" But I like it now :D My favorite spell is Judgement. I always cast a ton of traps for it, cast my spell that ups power pip chance and then bam! A lot of damage
~Amber Spiritblade level 48.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
I absolutely love being a sorcerer! I doubted the school at first but soon came to love it at about level twenty. My favorite spells are Hydra and Judgement, both of which annihilate your enemies if used correctly.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My first-ever wizard is an archmage sorceress, and I had a tough time bonding with her the way I did my Death (2nd) and Storm (3rd) wizards. I soloed almost the entire game with her and, until level 60, it was a total nightmare~ it takes a very-specific personality to play Balance well, and I don't have it.

That all said, it's gotten easier since she hit Legendary status~ in fact, she coasted through most of Zaf and Avalon without help and maxed out in the Outer Yard.

A few things I've learned about playing Balance:

1. Off-school spells are a requirement, from day one. May as well embrace the art of TC-spamming.

2. Learn to rely on spells other than Judgement. Summoning Lady Judge is all fine and well, but then there are Tower Shields... See #1.

3. With the right gear, we can out-heal any Life wizard. With my 50% incoming heal boost, I get back 800+ HP/round, easy... Possibly why Shadowsong is such a beast in PvE. I built her to be a tank and, by Balance wizard standards, that's exactly what she is.

I'm disappointed that she won't be able to get the One In A Million badge on her own, though... according to Central, the only way for a Balance wizard to get that badge is with a Triton TC and lots of help from a high-level Storm buddy. That just makes me sad... Poor little Balance wizard!

Favourite spell? Power Nova, hands down. When combined with Colossal, Amp, and 3 blades (trained, amulet, and Bladestorm), that thing's doing 3K damage... throw critical in there, and the enemies probably won't live to see the Weakness part. :)

/my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
the Archmage of Awesomeness ;)

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Kelsey2122 wrote:
how can i advance in the story im stuck after the bartleby quest; im done with it and i dont know what to do. whats the next main story quest to help me advance? one of my friends mentioned doing the quests in cyclops lane and firecat alley, will those help me get towards the end of the wizard city story?

You have to be lvl 15 i think. Have you got the quest to do foulgaze? Do it. Then after that you will get a quest to defeat nightshade. Then, after that you will be up to krokotopia. Good Luck everyone!

Anyway what is your favourite thing about balance?

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Hi there everyone I am a level 80 balance and my favorite spell is chimera but my second is judgement. i know people complain about balance having no shield but they are wrong because tower shield is the shield to block balance and it can be bought. As for gripes I would say the last balance spells were weak compared to all the other schools we got no real spell and for that I felt cheated. Also my biggest gripe was finding out that dragon blade a balance spell was available to every school pet but balance what I mean was maybe you had to mix but you still couldn't use it or I have not been able to use it. I think they should have allowed us to craft it and give the pets the plus 25 blades instead. The other thing is they call us a school of our own but that is hard to believe when everything can be bought at the bazaar for balance I don't see sirens able to be bought nor do I see gnome or mammal spells either. The only one outside of balance I see is basilisk. Also I wish someone would bring up the fact of this sharing gardening and pet energy. Pets needs it's own bar period. Sorry for the gripes but I enjoy my balance school and will defend it against any other school. :D

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I like the fact that you have to know or buy Tower Shields to really defend /resist Balance. I'm only level 28 but my favorite spell is Spectral Blast, just because I never know which element will be used :D

Survivor
May 13, 2012
I'm a balance wizard, level 13 and I cannot decide what I should retrain as! My friend suggested myth as my secondary but after reading through the forum, myth seems to be pretty disliked! :? I quite like the idea of retraining as storm but I'd like some advice..
So, what is the best secondary school for balance? :D

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
I am a Balance Wizard level 25, at first I thought that Balance was LAME! But its actually really cool! I cant wait till I get my Judgement spell! I think you learn it by level 28. And I also cant wait for the Hydra spell,but I still have a along way to go! And my secondary school is Life, I chose that one so I can heal myself, and I cant wait to learn the Centaur spell! So I think you should try Balance!

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
i would do life because even though the attacks aren't great, the healing makes up for it.For a third school, do fire or storm because of the high damage.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Donutdestroying wrote:
I'm a balance wizard, level 13 and I cannot decide what I should retrain as! My friend suggested myth as my secondary but after reading through the forum, myth seems to be pretty disliked! :? I quite like the idea of retraining as storm but I'd like some advice..

Honestly, you don't even need a secondary school~ once you hit grandmaster, your power-pip chance skyrockets and off-school spells are a waste of pips.

If you PvP, a Myth mastery amulet is the only viable option for Balance. Like I mentioned, off-school spells are a requirement from day one, as we are the only school that can't break shields or wand off Weakness. My suggestion: stuff your sideboard full of Cleanse Charm (0-pip Storm spell), grab a Myth amulet and spam Shatter/Earthquake at people who try to blade-stack or Tower you to death.

(I don't think Myth is disliked, per se. Like Balance, its damage is weaker and it's a support school, rather than a solo class; it's also the PvP school, as there is absolutely no way to blade or shield effectively when there's a conjurer on the other side of that dueling ring. I know nothing about PvP, except that Balance fails at it. :P)

Me~ I had Fire as my secondary, then Death. Of course, both eventually proved useless... so I sucked it up and paid the 12K Crowns fee to buy all of my points back at level 80 (ouch!). So spare yourself (and your/your parents' wallet) the pain!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
vonawesome1 wrote:
Donutdestroying wrote:

Honestly, you don't even need a secondary school~ once you hit grandmaster, your power-pip chance skyrockets and off-school spells are a waste of pips.

If you PvP, a Myth mastery amulet is the only viable option for Balance. Like I mentioned, off-school spells are a requirement from day one, as we are the only school that can't break shields or wand off Weakness. My suggestion: stuff your sideboard full of Cleanse Charm (0-pip Storm spell), grab a Myth amulet and spam Shatter/Earthquake at people who try to blade-stack or Tower you to death.

(I don't think Myth is disliked, per se. Like Balance, its damage is weaker and it's a support school, rather than a solo class; it's also the PvP school, as there is absolutely no way to blade or shield effectively when there's a conjurer on the other side of that dueling ring. I know nothing about PvP, except that Balance fails at it. :P)

Me~ I had Fire as my secondary, then Death. Of course, both eventually proved useless... so I sucked it up and paid the 12K Crowns fee to buy all of my points back at level 80 (ouch!). So spare yourself (and your/your parents' wallet) the pain!

Well, I am Master Sorcerer at the moment and soloed most of the realms by myself. I first chose Myth as my secondary then bought back my training points then changed to Life. Still not happy, I bought back all my points and decided I would pick another school later. So my training points waited for a decision while I soloed Krokotopia and Mooshu (can't say MarleyBone or lvl 40 Grizzelheim because my friends bailed me out a few times in the boss battles).

I JUST finished Mooshu yet I find I don't need a secondary school. All my other friends yell at me to pick Death and/or Ice for Fient and Tower Shield but I find I really don't want or need to get those. I think I will let my training points keep waiting for a while... Not like I had any real trouble so far.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Disreputable wrote:
What secondary school is best for a sorcerer, eh? Most people say Death or Life but I can't quite decide. I have fourteen training points waiting for my answer!

Get death!

Survivor
Sep 22, 2011
Kelsey2122 wrote:

OK the thing is i did all my wizard city quests and when i finished cyclops lane i got a word from MR Ambrose and he said i had to verse Foulgaze then Lord Nightshade and he said go to world tree and i went to krokatopia. this might not help but :D good luck

Defender
May 22, 2011
well i am looking forward to chimera. at the end of this i think i will just put all my wizards names since they're all balance.

Alexandra DreamTalon Magus Sorcerer
Alexander DreamTalon Journeyman Sorcerer
Andrew DreamtTalon Initiate Sorcerer
Autumn DreamTalon Apprentice Sorcerer
Austin DreamTalon Apprentice Sorcerer
Alyssa DreamTalon Apprentice Sorcerer