Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I cant turn in quest.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
Hey, guys! I wanted to finish my marleybone crafting quest so i can make a male mannequin. I made the rings, then i thought woohoo! I went back to the person who gave me the quest, (no, i didnt get rid of the rings i saw them in my backpack just now) and it said to talk to her but she had a grey question mark over her head i was like i logged out and back in... hmm still dont want to give me the badge huh
am i stuck on this quest forever? Luke staff level 80 fire

Administrator
It would appear you have succeeded since you made this post, and you're off on your next crafting adventure with "Who Do the Moo Shu"
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Who_Do_the_MooShu%3F

Have fun!

community@wizard101.com
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I dont think that is what he means professor- he can't turn it in.
Did you craft the stingers of the scorpion also?

Administrator
I've checked his quest status, and the quest he is talking about has been marked as complete, meaning he was able to successfully turn the items in and complete the quest after the post was submitted.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
I am having the same problem in krok, I made two rings of insight and went back to the fellow who gave me the quest and its like the quest was just started. I checked my backpack and the items aren't there anymore nor in my bank.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
I am having the same problem in Krokotopia. I crafted the two Rings of Insight, and I have them in my backpack. But there is no question mark over Wul'yahm's head. When I talk to him, the Ring In the New has a grey exclamation point. Clicking on it he just says "Speak with me if you'd like to learn the ways of crafting." Also, the quest does not show in my list of quests.

What I think happened is that it took me forever to find the parchment paper, by then I had gotten two Rings of Insight from drops but sold them. But, maybe they half counted? Either way, I cannot continue the quest.

Defender
May 19, 2012
When doing the crafting quests, if you complete the item required, check the quest again, as many of these crafting quests actually ask you to craft two of one item and two of another item. It's possible that those of you not able to turn your quest in yet have the items in your backpack still, just haven't finished the quest yet.

I think, perhaps, crafted items needed for quest turn-in's probably shouldn't be given as loot drops, though, to prevent any confusion where the person accepts the quest, leaves the game for a while, finds they have the items in their backpack (only they got them as loot and did not craft them themselves), and can't turn in the quest as being complete. Either that, or allow the loot drop items to count for the turn-in. :)

Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
For anyone else reading this with the same issue, I figured out the solution: For some reason it seems the quest will reset after a time. So if you are like me and it took you a long time to find the items needed to craft whatever the quest is requiring, first double check that you still have the quest listed before creating them.

If you go to turn in the items and he/she just says "Speak with me about crafting", then you need to go back to the crafter that directed you to him. In my case, I had to go back to the Wizard City crafter to get re-directed back to Wul'Yahm in Krokotopia. Even though I already created the rings for the Rings in the New quest, they no longer counted. So I had to go find the stuff to craft them and create two new rings.

Irritating glitch, but I am finally up to working on the Marleybone quest.

Administrator
caldaar wrote:
For anyone else reading this with the same issue, I figured out the solution: For some reason it seems the quest will reset after a time. So if you are like me and it took you a long time to find the items needed to craft whatever the quest is requiring, first double check that you still have the quest listed before creating them.

If you go to turn in the items and he/she just says "Speak with me about crafting", then you need to go back to the crafter that directed you to him. In my case, I had to go back to the Wizard City crafter to get re-directed back to Wul'Yahm in Krokotopia. Even though I already created the rings for the Rings in the New quest, they no longer counted. So I had to go find the stuff to craft them and create two new rings.

Caldaar this is not true. You simply advanced the quest because the second time you had the crafted items in your backpack as you were instructed to.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Aug 07, 2012
Professor Greyrose wrote:
caldaar wrote:

Caldaar this is not true. You simply advanced the quest because the second time you had the crafted items in your backpack as you were instructed to.

I will conceed that maybe the wording of "will reset after a time" may not have been the best description. But, I stand by the rest of my statement with some clarification:

For some "unknown reason" the quest disappeared from my quest list. And at the time you craft the items, the quest to craft those specific items has to be listed in your quests. If the quest is not listed, then the crafting does not count and you have to craft the items again after following my instructions above to get the quest into your quest list.

Hopefully this will help anyone that runs into this issue.